Author Topic: Dogs Left in Cars  (Read 32111 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Dogs Left in Cars
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 08:58:20 AM »
I'll tell ya what RB,

Poll a few of the typical petwits.. They'll know what food is recalled, best kibble, know where to get stupid looking sweaters, booties and everything else pet. Ask them what their kid had for dinner, what kid toys were recalled, about their spouses day, etc... and all you will get is an embarassed look or no response.

Maybe you have to learn the sad, pathetic, ugly truth. :)

It's funny that you think pet owners always equals someone that has children?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 12:30:34 PM »
I'll tell ya what RB,

Poll a few of the typical petwits.. They'll know what food is recalled, best kibble, know where to get stupid looking sweaters, booties and everything else pet. Ask them what their kid had for dinner, what kid toys were recalled, about their spouses day, etc... and all you will get is an embarassed look or no response.

Maybe you have to learn the sad, pathetic, ugly truth. :)

Sure some are ridiculous on the other hand it's probably a minority and why are you obsessed with this group you don't like? No one else brought it up.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2007, 01:32:50 PM »
It's funny that you think pet owners always equals someone that has children?

I just find it funny that if you ask a petwit: "What did you feed your dog today and why?" You'll get a really detailed answer talking about allergies, recalls, tests, poop smell, etc... Yet, ask something about their kids or spouse an you get a blank stare.  :)

I just have an odd sense of what's funny, that's all. I don't expect you to get why I find some of the pet drivel funny, much the same way a petwit wouldn't me to understand why they put so much more attention into animals than they do real people.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
I just find it funny that if you ask a petwit: "What did you feed your dog today and why?" You'll get a really detailed answer talking about allergies, recalls, tests, poop smell, etc... Yet, ask something about their kids or spouse an you get a blank stare.  :)

I just have an odd sense of what's funny, that's all. I don't expect you to get why I find some of the pet drivel funny, much the same way a petwit wouldn't me to understand why they put so much more attention into animals than they do real people.

What about when you ask someone about their kids & what they did today & they give you a blank stare....& they don't have pets?

There's a lot of people that don't want kids...but have pets.  There's a lot of people that don't have pets or kids.  I find a very small percentage of people that give precedence of their pets over their kids.  Most people that neglect their kids...neglect their pets as well.

Vote for Goatboy's Cat
Getbig's Cat of the Month!

Visit Getbig's PetBoard today

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »

And you deducted that from a message board and lumped everyone in that category?  Gee people posting on a Pet Board talking about their pets.  Who woulda thunk it.   Especially since getbig is the place you want to put info about your kids on. 

I thought you were smarter than that drkock.
   :-\

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »
He's quite the responsible father....by posting their pictures on the net to a bunch of weirdo's like us

::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »
   And you deducted that from a message board and lumped everyone in that category?  Gee people posting on a Pet Board talking about their pets.  Who woulda thunk it.   Especially since getbig is the place you want to put info about your kids on. 

I thought you were smarter than that drkock.
   :-\

Hmmmm,

It's obvious I touched a nerve, LOL!

Can't recall posting any info about my kids.. except for a tragic incidence at school: A classmate had the same lunchbox and we had to go buy another one immediately. Other than that, I've pretty much kept personal stuff off the forums. I can't recall my ever putting pics of the kids on the alphabet boards, it's usually knny or jimmy. Kind of odd to lump them together like that.

I will admit that spending time with my children doing stuff is way more of a priority than walking dogs could ever be. If that makes me a bad person, I can live with it. If I weren't so lazy (and a little fat, for me) I'd take a current pic for MS to replace the old one.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Hmmmm,

It's obvious I touched a nerve, LOL!

Can't recall posting any info about my kids.. except for a tragic incidence at school: A classmate had the same lunchbox and we had to go buy another one immediately. Other than that, I've pretty much kept personal stuff off the forums. I can't recall my ever putting pics of the kids on the alphabet boards, it's usually knny or jimmy. Kind of odd to lump them together like that.

I will admit that spending time with my children doing stuff is way more of a priority than walking dogs could ever be. If that makes me a bad person, I can live with it. If I weren't so lazy (and a little fat, for me) I'd take a current pic for MS to replace the old one.

How do you think I got the picture genius?

Some how it "popped up" on getbig

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=153967.msg2151397#msg2151397

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2007, 04:11:52 PM »

How do you think I got the picture genius?

Some how it "popped up" on getbig

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

Pics of members is where it was originally posted. If it bothers you that much I'll get a pic taken with someone's pet for you to play with.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »
Can we get back on topic?  :-*

I had a "conversation" with a dog owner this weekend, in the grocery store parking lot.  It wasn't dangerously hot, so I didn't get in his face too much.  I waited 27 minutes (called the police on the 19th minute) until he came out.  He was pretty much clueless, telling me "that's why her hair is cut short" and "I leave the windows cracked".  I explained the dangers, handed him one of those flyers from mydogiscool.com and called the police back.
:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »

I had a "conversation" with a dog owner this weekend, in the grocery store parking lot.  It wasn't dangerously hot, so I didn't get in his face too much.  I waited 27 minutes (called the police on the 19th minute) until he came out.  He was pretty much clueless, telling me "that's why her hair is cut short" and "I leave the windows cracked".  I explained the dangers, handed him one of those flyers from mydogiscool.com and called the police back.

Princess L is making a difference

One hot car at a time

;D

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »

As a pet advocate, where do the pet owner's rights end and yours begin?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »

Well.....it would be before your childrens

thats for sure

;D

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2007, 04:44:38 PM »
I will admit that spending time with my children doing stuff is way more of a priority than walking dogs could ever be. If that makes me a bad person, I can live with it.

Who said you were a bad person?  First you bitch that people were talking about pets on other boards, then a board is made so it is not going on any other boards anymore, and you come here and bitch that people care about their pets. 

And then make that asinine statement I quoted.  It's almost like it pisses you off personally that people care for pets.

You are like when Royalty was coming over to the sex board to complain.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2007, 04:46:42 PM »

It's a crime to neglect your pets.  Not as serious a crime as if it was a child, but still a crime.   If you wouldn't leave a child in a hot car, don't leave an animal.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

Well.....it would be before your childrens

thats for sure

;D

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

It's a pretty simple question. At what point do advocates have a right to intercede on a pet's behalf? It's probably a little too complicated for the forum but I'm curious where the right comes from and who determines that point.

I, for instance, see fat people abusing their bodies with food all the time. Though I've been sorely tempted there hasn't been an occasion where food was slapped out of their hands.  :)

It's a crime to neglect your pets.  Not as serious a crime as if it was a child, but still a crime.   If you wouldn't leave a child in a hot car, don't leave an animal.

It's the kid/pet comparison I find interesting. As far as popping in on occasion, I have an intrest in Abnormal Psych. Can you honestly think of a better place to ocassionally observe? :)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »
It's a pretty simple question. At what point do advocates have a right to intercede on a pet's behalf? It's probably a little too complicated for the forum but I'm curious where the right comes from and who determines that point.

I, for instance, see fat people abusing their bodies with food all the time. Though I've been sorely tempted there hasn't been an occasion where food was slapped out of their hands.  :)

It's the kid/pet comparison I find interesting. As far as popping in on occasion, I have an intrest in Abnormal Psych. Can you honestly think of a better place to ocassionally observe? :)

There are laws concerning pets.   So those are the only legal rights.  You can see a dog chained up outside 24/7 and as long as it has food, shelter, water, there is nothing that can be done, even if the only time the dog gets any attention is when the food and water is brought out twice a day. 

You compared kids to pets. And you made assumptions about everyone who has a pet. 

If you don't care for animals that's fine, I won't judge you for it, unless you abuse them.  Why do you judge people who do care for animals?

Go observe on other boards, part of the reason this board was made was so we didn't have to listen to you bitch.   And here you are, bitching again.

that to me, is very interesting. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2007, 05:03:36 PM »

IMO....I get myself involved only if I see an immediate danger to a pet/child.

If adults want to kill themselves...thats fine.  They are responsible for their own actions.

Pets & children (unfortunately) are dependent on asshole humans that lock them up in blazing hot cars (for example).

If I walked by any car & saw a child or pet just sitting there....I would most likely do or say something.

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
IMO....I get myself involved only if I see an immediate danger to a pet/child.

If adults want to kill themselves...thats fine.  They are responsible for their own actions.

Pets & children (unfortunately) are dependent on asshole humans that lock them up in blazing hot cars (for example).

If I walked by any car & saw a child or pet just sitting there....I would most likely do or say something.

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

A rational answer.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »
A rational answer.

you on the other hand....is quite the humanitarian

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »
you on the other hand....is quite the humanitarian

Vote for Goatboy's Cat

Not really, most people bore the bejesus out of me. The process (thought, illness, decision making and so on.. ) is way more interesting than the person. Hence the fascination with abnormal psych. The thought processes of people who identify above and beyond the norm with animals can be interesting.

Last year a guy in our town left his wife in a burning building to save his dog. Sure that's an extreme case but he totally forgot about her. She smelled something, sent him downtairs to check, he saw the fire, grabbed the dog and put it in the car with a blanket so it wouldn't get cold. Never went back for his wife or even yelled for her. I find it interesting that a guy that's been married to a woman longer than most of us have been alive (40+ yrs) never gave his wife a second thought.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
Not really, most people bore the bejesus out of me. The process (thought, illness, decision making and so on.. ) is way more interesting than the person. Hence the fascination with abnormal psych. The thought processes of people who identify above and beyond the norm with animals can be interesting.

Last year a guy in our town left his wife in a burning building to save his dog. Sure that's an extreme case but he totally forgot about her. She smelled something, sent him downtairs to check, he saw the fire, grabbed the dog and put it in the car with a blanket so it wouldn't get cold. Never went back for his wife or even yelled for her. I find it interesting that a guy that's been married to a woman longer than most of us have been alive (40+ yrs) never gave his wife a second thought.

I would say they weren't in a happy relationship

plenty of people would do the same thing

There's also a TON of people that are unhappy with their pets drcock.

Look at Pet Shelters/Pounds.

How many times have you heard of a story where people drive out in the country with old blue & drop them some where?

My first animal i ever had as a pet was a cat that was abused.  The former owner did not want it....& dragged it behind a car trying to kill it.  My second pet was my dog (chocolate lab).  A neighbor got it & had no concept how to care for a pet.  Obviously, he did not realize that if you beat a dog...it will eventually bite you.  I was 11 years old & the dog picked me as it's owner.  I had nothing to do with it.  The dog followed me & wanted to play with me....but hell, I never fed it one morsel.  My father went over to the neighbors one day & asked our neighbor his intentions with the dog.  Well, he was honest & said he was going to dispose of the dog & she was only 6-8 months old!  So, there I had two pets that were abused that lived a very long time.  My cat lived until 19 years old & my dog lived 14 years.

We can go round & round with this & I can give you plenty of examples how people treat their kids if you like?  I've got friends that practically had to raise themselves if it wasn't for some help of neighbors & friends.

It's up to adults to teach their own kids how to treat others & living creatures.

If the parents wont do it...I won't turn a blind eye to abuse & neglect. 

I've also come to learn from personal experience....how people treat their animals....is how they treat people in their family, spouses, & personal lives.  I've been in relationships were I was "disposed of".  When I stopped & looked back...I should have seen it coming just in the way they treated their pets before & during when I was in the relationship.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2014, 06:56:15 AM »
I would've just busted the window