Author Topic: Iraq Vet may lose Hornorable discharge due to protest.  (Read 3403 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Iraq Vet may lose Hornorable discharge due to protest.
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:38:43 AM »
What the hell is going on in this country?

Discuss..........

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (May 31) - An Iraq  war veteran could lose his honorable discharge status after being photographed wearing fatigues at an anti-war protest.

Marine Cpl. Adam Kokesh and other veterans marked the fourth anniversary of the war in Iraq in April by wearing their uniforms - with military insignia removed. 

Now a military panel has been scheduled to meet with Kokesh on Monday to decide whether his discharge status should be changed from "honorable" to "other than honorable."

"This is clearly a case of selective prosecution and intimidation of veterans who speak out against the war," Kokesh said. "To suggest that while as a veteran you don't have freedom of speech is absurd."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Iraq Vet may lose Hornorable discharge due to protest.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:34:08 AM »
Thats the rule..but with no rank I don't see how he's any different then anybody who buys a pair. This guy was still in when he did it? In any event he should have known better. This rule has been in place forever..and before the libs go nuts..its here to make sure the military stays apolitical. They won't pull his discharge but he should get slapped for something.
L

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 08:06:09 AM »
With or without rank, those uniforms are bought by the military and the military doesn't allow you to participate in demonstrations as a representative of the armed forces.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 08:10:03 AM »
I agree.  Protest all you want but you cannot represent the US military. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:43:22 AM »
I agree.

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 08:56:19 AM »
This rule has been in place forever..and before the libs go nuts..its here to make sure the military stays apolitical.

As if the same consequence would apply to someone in the military who spoke out supporting the war.  ::)
It's not at all about keeping people "apolitical," it's about keeping people from speaking against the administration's war. 
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »
Glad u guys see why.....we absolutly have to avoid a politicised military. NPR ran a story about a guy (major) who I guess as his Masters or doctural theisis studied where our service is goinmg as far as politics and the bottom line is that while the senior leadership is now and has been staunchly Republican...the junior and midlevel officer corp is becoming encreasingly apolitical.  
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »
As if the same consequence would apply to someone in the military who spoke out supporting the war.  ::)
It's not at all about keeping people "apolitical," it's about keeping people from speaking against the administration's war. 

It's both and it's for every practical reasons.  You cannot have an effective military that speaks out against the CIC.

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »
the junior and midlevel officer corp is becoming encreasingly apolitical.  

No one is apolitical- avoiding political issues supports the status quo.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

No its not dumbass..its making sure I don't decide to overthrow the government and install Beachbum or Ozmo..it has nothing to do with free speech. The military can't be seen as taking sides period. You wanna complain..take your uniform off. U aren't allowed to make political statements while wearing the uniform. U represent the Services and the country.
L

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »
No its not dumbass..its making sure I don't decide to overthrow the government and install Beachbum or Ozmo..it has nothing to do with free speech. The military can't be seen as taking sides period. You wanna complain..take your uniform off. U aren't allowed to make political statements while wearing the uniform. U represent the Services and the country.

Again, you can take the side of the administration and not suffer negative consequences- it's not about being apolitical.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
It's nota question of taking sides..its not our job...u give up rights when u join the service...its how it works period.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:37 AM »
Bunch a people have had their lives screwed for speaking out against Bush.. A kid in NYC was payed a visit by the secret service and a Yale professor was put on the no fly list.  >:(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
Thats different.....I'm starting to worry about this guy. But again there are two sides to every story. If they made any remarks,,you know these guys have to check it out.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 09:40:09 AM »
>:(

OzmO

• Getbig V

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:21 AM »

lol  nice pic CJ!

It's Benfun's! Give him the credit.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »

The kid was already discharged.

I hope they *do* change his status, though, because that'll be worth a helluva a lot of cash to him, trust me.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »
Bunch a people have had their lives screwed for speaking out against Bush.. A kid in NYC was payed a visit by the secret service and a Yale professor was put on the no fly list.  >:(

I remember that, wasn't he a retired Marine Colonel? That was utterly despicable.

Great picture, props to whoever posted it first, you or ben.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 12:48:19 PM »
You know we're all laughing about this shit but ol George..or Der Furher signed an executive order given him all kinds of power in the event of another 911. Not a bad thing maybe....but he controls it al. Granted he might have to if we get nuked..but even if we're good. The Dems will have the same power. Plus he also re-upped a contract with KBR to build internmnet/refugee camps on US soil in the event of an emergency. I guess these contracts also existed under Clinton but i'm wondering if the boys in Washington know something we don't. I'm not putting u guys in camps as much as u all piss me off. And besides if we're going to be Nazis I want a cool friggen uniform..High Boots..leather trenches....Sam Brown belts.  ;D
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »
The kid was already discharged.

I hope they *do* change his status, though, because that'll be worth a helluva a lot of cash to him, trust me.

If he's already discharged and no longer a member of the Armed Services how can they change his discharge because of something he did after he was a serviceman?

That doesn't seem to make sense. And could this be anything other than politically motivated? He's anti-war now and they don't want a former one of their own not supporting the war.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »
it's about keeping people from speaking against the administration's war. 

can we spell "dictatorship"

except the masses are kept blind to it..
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
They can't touch if he's discharged...plenty of guys march on both sides now that their out. He might be close to getting out.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
If he's already discharged and no longer a member of the Armed Services how can they change his discharge because of something he did after he was a serviceman?

That doesn't seem to make sense. And could this be anything other than politically motivated? He's anti-war now and they don't want a former one of their own not supporting the war.

I seem to remember seeing many people protesting in fatigues in old Vietnam era anti-war films.   

But if he's still in the service then he isn't supposed to wear the uni