Author Topic: Mr. Getbig II  (Read 2185 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Mr. Getbig II
« on: May 31, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »
Are any of you guys who are "assisted" interested in doing the Mr. Getbig II? I'm only asking because I'd like to see two categories this year (natural & chemically enhanced). Let 240 or Mindspin know you're interested & maybe this year we can get more then seven guys competing. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Mr. Getbig II
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »
Are any of you guys who are "assisted" interested in doing the Mr. Getbig II? I'm only asking because I'd like to see two categories this year (natural & chemically enhanced). Let 240 or Mindspin know you're interested & maybe this year we can get more then seven guys competing. 

I would also like to see 2 categories.  Def. can't lump everyone together.

Post contest last year there certainly were A LOT of arm chair, Monday morning bodybuilders claiming they were FOR SURE entering this year.  We'll see....
:

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »

I would also like to see 2 categories.  Def. can't lump everyone together.

Post contest last year there certainly were A LOT of arm chair, Monday morning bodybuilders claiming they were FOR SURE entering this year.  We'll see....

LOL yes lots of people talk the talk....few walk the walk.   ;)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
PRIZES? PRO CARDS?  :D

hmmm....maybe.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:25:53 PM »
PRIZES? PRO CARDS?  :D

hmmm....maybe.

I'm sure there will be prizes but alas no pro-cards.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »
You mean there is no pro division of Get Big?

IFGB- Iternational Federation of Get Biggers?? DAMN!  :'(

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
this is a contest obviously,  why not include 2 seperate age categries, lets say 18-28///29-41+?
both for nat/aas bb's?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 01:35:45 AM »
this is a contest obviously,  why not include 2 seperate age categries, lets say 18-28///29-41+?
both for nat/aas bb's?

There probably won't be enough people for four categories let alone two.

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 02:55:50 AM »

last years contest was really sad!!! whateva dialed it in very nicely however. thats about the only guy who actually looked like a polished bodybuilder. The prizes are not sufficient enough otherwise id think about it. I  have been clean for 9 months I would enter as a natural-LOL.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
Come on. Let's get about six guys from here to do it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 05:42:28 AM »
Just do it and say your clean...

You won't be the only juicer in the contest... ;)

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 05:51:29 AM »
Just do it and say your clean...

You won't be the only juicer in the contest... ;)

8)

It wouldn't stick out that I'm the mod of the Steroid Board.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
It wouldn't stick out that I'm the mod of the Steroid Board.

Yeah, you have a good point.

The problem is most juicers don't want thier pics and info all over the internet. just say you did one cycle 10 years ago and the rest has been roll-playing to help others!

the idea of Mr. Getbig being a natural contest is stupid. i would bet 50% of the guys from last year used steroids. this year will be worse because it's impossible to test them, sure some guys stand out but not everyone. i know guys who take more than myself and don't look like they use...

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 06:13:15 AM »
I wouldn't want my face plastered everywhere but I'm sure some exceptions could be made.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 06:53:23 AM »
How will they determine who is natty and not?The natty shows I used to compete in, they polygraphed tested but I lost the overall to a guy who was on and passed the test. Then again, NPC natty shows are a joke. What was sad is guys "on" had to do these shows to qualify for nationals because they couldn't do it in non tested shows. Funny thing was, I still beat a bunch of them!

Will probably be a honor thing with this contest..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »
How will they determine who is natty and not?The natty shows I used to compete in, they polygraphed tested but I lost the overall to a guy who was on and passed the test. Then again, NPC natty shows are a joke. What was sad is guys "on" had to do these shows to qualify for nationals because they couldn't do it in non tested shows. Funny thing was, I still beat a bunch of them!

Will probably be a honor thing with this contest..

Basically it's the honor system.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
Sorry Rim, but I'm going to have to disagree about making two classes, natural and enhanced. If it were a "real" BB contest, this distinction wouldn't be made. True, you have natural organizations out there, but if it's the NPC, which is the more credible org, then it doesn't matter if you're "juiced" or not. Besides, a lot of natural guys take pride in competing against "users", that's the way it's always been.

Now I could see making two classes based on weight, maybe like the old days, 1 class under 200lbs, one over 200lbs and the two class winners are judged for the overall...steroid use does not come into play here.

As far as anyone from this section of the board doing this contest, I'll be surprised if they do, but I can't blame them for not. I for one do not want my real identity shared with the entire board...not when the majority of what I talk about is related to drug use. Paranoid? Yes, but rightfully so IMO. Like I've said before though, if I knew without question that this paranoia was wrong, I'd post my identity. Maybe not for that contest, maybe so, but you see my point.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 09:05:28 PM »
Yeah, you have a good point.

The problem is most juicers don't want thier pics and info all over the internet. just say you did one cycle 10 years ago and the rest has been roll-playing to help others!

the idea of Mr. Getbig being a natural contest is stupid. i would bet 50% of the guys from last year used steroids. this year will be worse because it's impossible to test them, sure some guys stand out but not everyone. i know guys who take more than myself and don't look like they use...

8)

Really?  You think those guys used steroids?  How can you tell?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
Sorry Rim, but I'm going to have to disagree about making two classes, natural and enhanced. If it were a "real" BB contest, this distinction wouldn't be made. True, you have natural organizations out there, but if it's the NPC, which is the more credible org, then it doesn't matter if you're "juiced" or not. Besides, a lot of natural guys take pride in competing against "users", that's the way it's always been.

I know what you mean. However, people (I won't name names but we could probably guess who) would bitch up a storm if someone on steroids won over a "natural" (it's the honor system after all).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »
As far as anyone from this section of the board doing this contest, I'll be surprised if they do, but I can't blame them for not. I for one do not want my real identity shared with the entire board...not when the majority of what I talk about is related to drug use. Paranoid? Yes, but rightfully so IMO. Like I've said before though, if I knew without question that this paranoia was wrong, I'd post my identity. Maybe not for that contest, maybe so, but you see my point.

The only way I'd recommend that people from this board do it is if identities could be hid. I don't think it's being too paranoid in this day & age. We are on the same page here my friend.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 02:42:39 PM »
I know what you mean. However, people (I won't name names but we could probably guess who) would bitch up a storm if someone on steroids won over a "natural" (it's the honor system after all).

You're right, it is the honor system, but the problem is this is the internet. There will be those who are users who claim natural status. Some of us will be able to pick those guys out, but there is no hard proof, so they get away with cheating. That's why I think just 2 separate weight classes would be more fair. After all, there is no way an honor system on here will work...to many idiots out there.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
You're right, it is the honor system, but the problem is this is the internet.

People don't lie on the internet. Come on I'm 6' & 325lbs with 2% bodyfat. I bench 1500lbs for reps & squat 2000lbs. Wait a minute...shit, that doesn't work, you've met me.  ;D