Author Topic: red spot on my ass  (Read 1090 times)

shmay

• Getbig II
red spot on my ass
« on: May 31, 2007, 07:05:56 PM »
im sure this has been asked many times before but here it goes. I am doing my second cycle of sust250 and am about 4 weeks in. a few days ago i went to inject in my glute and hit a vein so i changed needles shifted a half centimeter and did the shot. Now i have a red spot the size of a dime that is slightly swollen but does not hurt at all. The skin looks a little raw and im not sure if i should try to wait this out and try putting antiseptic cream around the area or some other for of treatment or if i should consult my doctor. I am concerned that maybe time is of the essence and that if i don't go to the doctor right away it might turn into something worse or maybe i am just overreacting. Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

sinkorswim

• Getbig II
Re: red spot on my ass
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »
i think ur overreacting, just give it a few days and it should go away. if its not gone in a week go to a doc.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:01:35 AM »
Signs of infection:
Increasing pain, increasing swelling and redness, fevers, chills, malaise (feeling sh*tty).
Responds to antibiotics.

Signs of abcess:
All of the above, plus severe pain and fluctuance (a "tightening" of the skin and soft tissue due to pressure from a pocket of pus--usually very red and very swollen).
Requires surgical drainage.

You don't seem to really describe any of this.  Probably just a local reaction to the injection.

shmay

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 04:58:04 AM »
thanks for the information!!  Hopefully it clears up on its own soon