Author Topic: What's Cutler's place in history with a second Mr O? What IS the tier, anyway?  (Read 3019 times)

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
If Jay Cutler wins the 2007 Mr O - which is extremely probable, possibly irrespective of the condition of the competitors - where does that place him amongst the 'greats'? He'll have two Mr Os, four second-place finishes, and three Arnold Classics.

If one assumes that titles is what it's all about, and really it's about Mr O wins, then that puts the BBing first tier as:

1. Coleman/Haney (8 wins)
3. Schwarzenegger (7 wins)
4. Yates (6 wins)
5. Zane/Oliva (3 wins)
7. Columbo/Scott (2 wins)

If Cutler wins a second this year, that ties him with Columbo for #7th. However, that's just for Mr O titles. Cutler also has four second place finishes and three Arnold Classics, so realistically he's above Columbo (and certainly Scott) already, right? A second Mr O would confirm that.

BUT I don't think he's at Oliva's level in a historical sense, and probably not Zane's. So unless Jay bags a couple more Mr Os is it far to say he's trapped at #7 all-time in BBing legacy?

Does it matter? Not really. ::) ;D
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
"Oliver"?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
"Oliver"?
you must forgive him the siemen has clouded his thought process ;D

bench

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
you must forgive him the siemen has clouded his thought process ;D

Unlikely, as I have a Samsung. ;D
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Come back in 5 years after he has taken a string home with this thread. He is the man.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Unlikely, as I have a Samsung. ;D
hahaha good comeback;D

bench

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
He will always be best known as runner-up to Ronnie Coleman...... 8)
You Can't Do It!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
yep

bench

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Cutler will always be remembered as an asymmetrical refrigerator who was in the right place at the right time when Ronnie was off.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Until he wins number 6 and people start saying who was the guy cutler beat for his first win... ;D

Jean Paul Gaultier

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Naomi Russell
Cutler will always be remembered as an asymmetrical refrigerator who was in the right place at the right time when Ronnie was off.

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Until he wins number 6 and people start saying who was the guy cutler beat for his first win... ;D

Please....Cutler lucked out is all it is...Don't get me wrong he does have a great physique and perfect conditioning most of the time, but the man is just at the right time and right place in history...He will not win 6 Olympia's; I am sorry there are several pro's up-and-coming that have far superior genetics to Cutler...Cutler is better classified as a transition Mr. O until the others blow by him...Arnold, Haney, Yates and Coleman all had overpowering genetics for their era and that is the reason why they won and dominated the Olympia...Cutler does not have the same qualities sorry....
You Can't Do It!!!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Please....Cutler lucked out is all it is...Don't get me wrong he does have a great physique and perfect conditioning most of the time, but the man is just at the right time and right place in history...He will not win 6 Olympia's; I am sorry there are several pro's up-and-coming that have far superior genetics to Cutler...Cutler is better classified as a transition Mr. O until the others blow by him...Arnold, Haney, Yates and Coleman all had overpowering genetics for their era and that is the reason why they won and dominated the Olympia...Cutler does not have the same qualities sorry....
I would agree but who was the last "Transition" samir bannout? Everybody who has won it keeps it. No different in the last 20 years. Haney had Lebrant/Gaspari, Yates had Flex/Kevin Cutler will have Gustav/Wolfe/the guy who just won the Arnold whos name escapes me. Cutler is young and the incumbant. Unless Ronnie gets lucky and takes it back it's his. He is to dedicated to blow it after all the hard work to win.

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
I am sorry there are several pro's up-and-coming that have far superior genetics to Cutler...

Who exactly? And do they have enough to beat him? Cutler has himself said there are other pros out there with better genetics but they lack the work ethic - something similar to what Yates experienced/admitted in his prime.

Victor Martinez doesn't have enough bulk at this stage. All the other big guys (Badell/Warren etc) are more blocky than Cutler and/or aren't as polished and everybody else is a big X-factor at the moment.

If Ronnie wins it back this year then I'd agree Cutler's 'reign' is over but if Jay wins a second, then I think a third and possibly more is highly likely.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
and as the guy that stopped coleman from #9

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Who exactly? And do they have enough to beat him? Cutler has himself said there are other pros out there with better genetics but they lack the work ethic - something similar to what Yates experienced/admitted in his prime.

Victor Martinez doesn't have enough bulk at this stage. All the other big guys (Badell/Warren etc) are more blocky than Cutler and/or aren't as polished and everybody else is a big X-factor at the moment.

If Ronnie wins it back this year then I'd agree Cutler's 'reign' is over but if Jay wins a second, then I think a third and possibly more is highly likely.

I never said Cutler would not win this year...I believe Cutler has it in the bank this year, but other pros like Tony Freeman, Dennis Wolf, Victor Martinez, Phil Heath will be polished enough to take it from him in another few year or so....Cutler will not dominate the Olympia for 6 years come on be serious...I give Cutler this year and that is probably it unless no one steps up in the next 2 years...*Badell/Warren will be looked over by next year they can't keep it together and the judging seems to be going to the criteria it should be....
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
The point that I am making is that Cutler is a great bodybuilder, but we all know he doesn't have the dominating traits like the others that have reigned as Mr. Olympia and he will be known in the history books for that fact...Just like no one brings up how dominating Franco was as Mr. Olympia...etc....
You Can't Do It!!!

dragonheart

• Getbig III
Jay is good, but nowhere near the top of the Mr. O pecking order.  I think he will win this year, and then he will be done.