Author Topic: 1,010 pound bench press  (Read 10389 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: 1,010 pound bench press
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 07:21:14 AM »
hey brainiac....a ton is 2000lbs

wow, the getbig brain trust isn't what you expected?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 07:22:35 AM »

Fixed.  ;D

Yeah I'll give it to him on that one. You've got to be a bear of a man to even move that shit let alone touch bottom, pause, and get it back up.

yeah, i know, i was talkin old school for emphasis but we all metric and shit around here. ;D

cheers

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 07:22:48 AM »
Ok as the biggest bencher on here raw and shirted I can debate this all day long. But it would be useless, people have there opinion on gear and they are entitled to it. BUT for all you guys bashing him like Squadfather said crawl under it and see if you could just HOLD IT!!!

And for the ones bashing us for being Fat who the Fuck cares we are powerlifters not pretty boys. I have gotten my bodyweight issue under control but I will never ever be as lean as a Bodybuilder it is not what we do!!! We bench with shirts, we bench without shirts and everything in between. We dont care what others think about our gear we train our asses off day in and day out.

For those of you who dont think we are strong Raw I myself have done 500 for 10, 405 for 22, and 315 for 37, and 225 for 60 and was still going strong.  And yes my range of motion is more then 10 inches!!!!

Mike Wolfe

Are you suggesting that Rychlaks bench was legit? ::)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »

-Hedge

i'm not a p/lifting expert/judge by any means, but that was one very very impressive bench press any way you look at it. you've got to admit that Hedge?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 07:37:52 AM »
i'm not a p/lifting expert/judge by any means, but that was one very very impressive bench press any way you look at it. you've got to admit that Hedge?

Impressive use of special designed multiple layer shirt - yes.

Could he beat, or even hang with the world's best benchpressers in equal single ply shirts?

No.

That's why I will never give Rychlak much credit until he actually shows up at a meeting with some of the other bigger names and actually competes in equal gear.

I'm positive he would get his ass kicked by Wolfe, eg.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 07:41:14 AM »
that is just insane....the fucking bar was bending while on the rack :o

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:48 AM »

Could he beat, or even hang with the world's best benchpressers in equal single ply shirts?

No.

That's why I will never give Rychlak much credit until he actually shows up at a meeting with some of the other bigger names and actually competes in equal gear.

-Hedge

never give him much credit ???

hello, Wolfe himself has gave him major props but you don't?

maybe it's because Wolfe has been under that kind of weight and knows what it feels like and what kind of effort and focus it takes.

seriously, Hedge, if you think that is all suit you don't know shit. can you even fathom what it would be like unracking anywhere near that weight and bringing it down under control and drive it back up. personally, my shoulders would snap as soon as i took it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »

No.

-Hedge
come on Zack you're smarter than that, i don't give a shit what kind of shirt that is you have to be strong a shit to even hold and move that type of weight, Gene is a strong motherfuccker.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 08:19:28 AM »
Its always amusing to hear guys rip on bench shirts.Never mind that they have been in the sport for thirty freaking years.Ed Coan wears a shirt,anyone want to see if your stronger then him.Bodybuilders shoot synthol all over and thats great,they spot inject and thats great,they use freaking rat poison to get in shape and thats fine,but a powerlifter wearing a bench shirt?Thats cheating and not legit.What a joke.By the way,to the guy who said the IPF is legit,many think the very idea of drug testing is an invasion of privacy and would NEVER allow themselves to be subjected to it.You can keep the IPF.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 09:23:05 AM »
never give him much credit ???

hello, Wolfe himself has gave him major props but you don't?

maybe it's because Wolfe has been under that kind of weight and knows what it feels like and what kind of effort and focus it takes.

seriously, Hedge, if you think that is all suit you don't know shit. can you even fathom what it would be like unracking anywhere near that weight and bringing it down under control and drive it back up. personally, my shoulders would snap as soon as i took it.

Let me clarify.

I think Rychlak is very strong, and it is a great feat.

But I don't see Rychlak compete in meets against the best, and if he does, he bombs.

In my opinion, competing against other lifters is what powerlifting and benchpressing is all about. Not producing extreme lifts at exhibitions.

I realize that other are of different opinions, and that's fine.

Those who repeatedly shows up at various meets and beats their competition, like Kennelly, Meeker, Sandvik, Lehto, Siders and the legendary Wade Hooper: they are the elite.

Basically, I believe you have to compete against the best to be considered one of the best.

You can't just do exhibition lifts in special equipment.

And that's not to say Rychlak is extremely strong, he must have one of the best, if not the best lockout in the world.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
people flame on Gene but you have to have balls to get under weight like that and you have to be ungodly strong to move it by yourself locked out or not, the dude gets my respect.

I wonder what kind of golf cart he uses to ride to his mailbox in the morning?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »
Gene doesnt compete in the biggest meets?The guy won the Arnold bench press classic.Gene prefers the IPA to the APF/WPO,and now that Westside barbell is out of both the APF/WPO Gene will be competing against the best guys again.Sorry,shirts are here to stay,Thank God for it,so we can keep the gear manufacturers busy and they can keep supporting the sport.Without guys like John Inzer,there is no powerlifting.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »
I wonder what kind of golf cart he uses to ride to his mailbox in the morning?

Rumor has it his house has a special handicapped ramp that goes directly in to the kitchen.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
I wonder what his resting BP and heart rate are?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
Gene doesnt compete in the biggest meets?The guy won the Arnold bench press classic.Gene prefers the IPA to the APF/WPO,and now that Westside barbell is out of both the APF/WPO Gene will be competing against the best guys again.Sorry,shirts are here to stay,Thank God for it,so we can keep the gear manufacturers busy and they can keep supporting the sport.Without guys like John Inzer,there is no powerlifting.

Interesting. How are manufacturers supporting the sport?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
hey brainiac....a ton is 2000lbs
depends on where they are from

ton=2000 pounds

metric ton=1000 pounds

hope this helps brainiac ::)

bench

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 04:29:01 PM »
wolfie, whats your best lift on bench in  a meet?

I just did 859.8 (860) at the 07 Arnold Bench Bash and took 2nd place behind Ryan Kennelly. I weighed in at 340 and had dropped 80 pounds of Bodyweight since my previous contest and I hit a 25 pound personal record there.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »

-Hedge

Gene's bench was very very strong, As a judge I myself would call it a good lift. Locked out? Hell Yes!!! Just look at his arms when they grab it to rack it the elbows do not go any further cause they were already locked out. Fuck I'm impressed with just how long he held it before starting the lift.

GENE IS THE KING RIGHT NOW!!! There is no one better and Yes I even mean Mendy. I like Scot alot but I myself have yet to see a legit vid of his 1000 plus lifts. And the high 900 pound ones I've seen the spotter guided the bar down. Gene post good vids of all his lifts. Sorry Scot if your reading this ,just calling it like it is. You can be the best but to do that you gotta go through Gene. Right now he is the man!!!!

Wolfy!!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 04:49:22 PM »
speaking of benching...

didn't chick say he could do 405 for 12 reps in a t-shirt when he was younger?

that is DOUBLE what lee haney did in his video in 1988!

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »
naah he couldn't finish his rep without  the help from the spotters.
TEAM WOLF

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
Gene's bench was very very strong, As a judge I myself would call it a good lift. Locked out? Hell Yes!!! Just look at his arms when they grab it to rack it the elbows do not go any further cause they were already locked out. Fuck I'm impressed with just how long he held it before starting the lift.

GENE IS THE KING RIGHT NOW!!! There is no one better and Yes I even mean Mendy. I like Scot alot but I myself have yet to see a legit vid of his 1000 plus lifts. And the high 900 pound ones I've seen the spotter guided the bar down. Gene post good vids of all his lifts. Sorry Scot if your reading this ,just calling it like it is. You can be the best but to do that you gotta go through Gene. Right now he is the man!!!!

Wolfy!!!

Suffice to say, you're obviously a much better benchpresser than a judge.

He didn't lock out, and he didn't stop at the chest, just a touch and go. Don't know how he got a press signal, probably the same way Mendelson: he's got a judge that he knows will give him press signal as soon as he touches the chest.

I am looking forward to Rychlak competing against you guys.

Hopefully, Rychlak will one day have the balls to show up in the USPF, or any other single ply fed.

That day I will give him credit.

However, I am quite certain that you would beat him in with any less gear than double ply open back.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
I just did 859.8 (860) at the 07 Arnold Bench Bash and took 2nd place behind Ryan Kennelly. I weighed in at 340 and had dropped 80 pounds of Bodyweight since my previous contest and I hit a 25 pound personal record there.

pay attention people, this is how you bitchslap the haters...
by stating actual recorded facts that can be verified.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
pay attention people, this is how you bitchslap the haters...
by stating actual recorded facts that can be verified.

since when do the "facts" , the "truth" and "factual events" matter around here ;D

bench

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »
depends on where they are from

ton=2000 pounds

metric ton=1000 pounds

hope this helps brainiac ::)

bench

on which planet?

whitewidow

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 01:09:40 AM »
Want to see him do that raw without lifting shirt... I consider that damn shirt cheating don't give a shit what you say, if you cannot lift it without help you ain't supposed to lifted it in the first place.

Yes I agree. they should make them lift it with their shirts off.