Author Topic: Colorado Pro Armin can't compete  (Read 29477 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Colorado Pro Armin can't compete
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2007, 05:26:08 PM »
Vince Goodrum is your frame of reference? Wow, you really are reaching now. No, I have NEVER seen a testicle pop out of a suit. Sorry to disappoint ya but something I haven't seen and not something on my list to hope to see before I die. How many times have you witnessed a nut fly out of it's sack? You stated if you watch enough BBing you're bound to see it happen. "LAWSUIT"? Holy shit dude you spent too much time out in the sun this weekend.

No.  You said you've never seen it happen. I pointed out two examples of testicles showing in photos posted on getbig this week. 
You asked for an example, I gave you two.  You can still believe it's never happened if you wish.

yes, in the real world, had the child had an unfortunate incident and been exposed on webcast, there very well could have been lawsuits IMO.  Fruitful?  Maybe, maybe not.  Black eye to all firms involved?  You bet.  Worth the risk?  No.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2007, 05:29:55 PM »
Kai is an adult.  A professional bodybuilder and an experienced poser.  Kai knows the risks.  All the athletes onstage know the risks, and negative events are few and far between.

My point is that you have an inexperienced 10-year old performing a risky routine on a live broadcast.
This presents a set of risks which are GREATER than the odds of DH getting a bloody nose.

Risk of her having a vulnerable moment on live webcast, as well as risk to involved firms in webcasting these events.  It's great that the routine went well, and I agree the chances of anything going awry are rare.  however, if I own stock in VYo or BBing.com, and I am a decision maker, it might be easier for me to just avert camera, zoom out, or pan crowd during the routine.  Aside from any appropriate/offensive/content issues with the 12-year olds at home watching on BBing.com, I know that my firm has deep pockets and is just vulnerable from SO many angles with such a broadcast.

You have your opinion, and I have mine.  As a consultant, I'd be responsible to tell my board that we could get sued from nine directions, and a lot of things could go wrong on that stage, and a lot of people could be offended by the routine.  These risks outweigh the rewards IMO. 
You're ASSUMING she's an inexperienced performer. If you followed the sport as closely as you proclaim at times you'd know she's made several guest appearances over the last couple of years. She is a better performer and has had more guest appearances than most IFBB Pro Fitness competitors. Don't assume that because of her age she isn't well rehearsed and knows what she is doing.

You're sounding like the character on Along Came Polly. Do you do a risk analysis on everything you do? Make sure you don't eat those bar nuts.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
No.  You said you've never seen it happen. I pointed out two examples of testicles showing in photos posted on getbig this week. 
You asked for an example, I gave you two.  You can still believe it's never happened if you wish.

yes, in the real world, had the child had an unfortunate incident and been exposed on webcast, there very well could have been lawsuits IMO.  Fruitful?  Maybe, maybe not.  Black eye to all firms involved?  You bet.  Worth the risk?  No.
Sorry, I haven't followed the exposed nut photo thread this week. I didn't say it NEVER happens, stating that it is few and very far between.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »
Sorry, I haven't followed the exposed nut photo thread this week. I didn't say it NEVER happens, stating that it is few and very far between.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood:

First - WTF? "if you watch enough BBing shows, you know that male genitals do pop out." I've attended more bodybuilding shows than you'll ever attend and yet to see this happen.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood:

What don't you understand? Where in there, did I state it never happens?
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
You're ASSUMING she's an inexperienced performer. If you followed the sport as closely as you proclaim at times you'd know she's made several guest appearances over the last couple of years. She is a better performer and has had more guest appearances than most IFBB Pro Fitness competitors. Don't assume that because of her age she isn't well rehearsed and knows what she is doing.

How many times has she performed for tens of thousands of people live on a webcast?

You're sounding like the character on Along Came Polly. Do you do a risk analysis on everything you do? Make sure you don't eat those bar nuts.

Hey, BBing.com and VYOtech are large companies with a lot to lose.  We all know if something went bad, someone chose to sue, and some idiot jury got the case, a decent chunk of some company's assets could find a new home.

IMO the potential risks outweigh the benefits of the show.  The public relations mess alone - today on getbig as many chime in they found it offensive - makes it not worth the benefits.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2007, 05:38:34 PM »
How many times has she performed for tens of thousands of people live on a webcast?

Hey, BBing.com and VYOtech are large companies with a lot to lose.  We all know if something went bad, someone chose to sue, and some idiot jury got the case, a decent chunk of some company's assets could find a new home.

IMO the potential risks outweigh the benefits of the show.  The public relations mess alone - today on getbig as many chime in they found it offensive - makes it not worth the benefits.
Oh Gee I don't know, maybe LAST YEAR for starters. I guess you were too busy finding faults in the show to remember it.
Elevate Your Image.™

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2007, 05:40:28 PM »
Look, I just don't think that it is appropiate. Just my opinion. It certainly will not stop the NPC from having it. Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
inexperienced , the young lady has permformed at more than 40 contest in two years.  She performs at elementry schools and teach her peers about health life styles.  She is also on the Governors' fitness council.

Okay. I concede she is very good at what she does.

Would you be okay with it, had a 10-year old boy in trunks done kai Greene's routine following hers yesterday at the show?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:30 PM »
First...you have to be IN the show for it to be relevant.

Second....how about a PHONE CALL?

You keep talking about contracts however the promoter has claimed that contracts were not required.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2007, 07:01:49 PM »
lol 240 just trying to get a laugh out of us. He is not serious at all. I hope not ???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
It's not being ignored...it's already been explained...a few times.

If the promoter didn't require signed contracts prior to a certain date, he at least required a verbal or written commitment from the athlete....DJ had a verbal agreement...Armin had neither.

Once again...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »
lol 240 just trying to get a laugh out of us. He is not serious at all. I hope not ???

240 is right.   In this age of technology, perverts dont need to be given a reason to expose and publish (on the web)  pictures of our children in awkward moments.  (And they do happen).

I would love to think we live in mayberry where everyone has innocence and trusts one another.      When i was a kid, i was allowed to ride my bike to a park and play...............Not a chance in hell, my 8yr old can play outside unless i can see her.   Maybe 90% of the audience is above board.   The other 10% can destroy you.

We have to minimize the pervertedness in this world.....ie: banning cell phones in gym locker rooms and other adaptations...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
The only thing that I am seeing is this girl sreading her legs in front of the camera and judges. This is fact. I don't have to "read" anyting into that or make it into a "sexual" thing. You keep mentioning sex, I never have. What are you "seeing" into this genius?  ;)  That fact that you keep mentioning sex makes me wonder. So, you make my point exactly.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?  Your the one who has a problem with it, for some reason and keeps talking about young girls "spreading their legs"  ;) and you even said it yourself "The only thing that I am seeing" LOL brutal self owning there, smarty pants.  Theres no sexual connotation with that?  Man you are not near as smart as I thought you might be or are in complete denial.  You made a real ass of yourself here.  Your angry and insulting responses are proof of how out of touch you are, also how immature and confussed you are.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »
Do you see how ridiculous you sound?  Your the one who has a problem with it, for some reason and keeps talking about young girls "spreading their legs"  ;) and you even said it yourself "The only thing that I am seeing" LOL brutal self owning there, smarty pants.  Theres no sexual connotation with that?  Man you are not near as smart as I thought you might be or are in complete denial.  You made a real ass of yourself here.  Your angry and insulting responses are proof of how out of touch you are, also how immature and confussed you are.

haha good "owning"

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »

Massive MELTDOWN.  :-[