Author Topic: Colorado Pro Armin can't compete  (Read 29470 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: the IFBB is a joke
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 06:09:46 PM »
Bodybuilding is a selfish event, that's why nobody stood up for him. If one guy doesn't get to compete then everybody moves up a spot.

NOTHING is going to change until the top guys come out and take a stand. Priest is pretty much solely responsible for the PDI getting attention. It takes guys in the top 10, the guys who actually make money, to make a difference.

If Branch, Dexter, Freeman, Heath, Ruhl, Jay, Ronnie, Victor, James, Wolfe, etc...guys who WIN shows, stepped up and demand changes THEN MAYBE the IFBB wouldn't be such a joke.

When people only look out for number 1, everybody gets screwed.

leading independent contractors is like herding cats

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
LEE is right, but.....most of todays pro's are taught to look after number one ::) so that was probably very low on their list of things to do.

This is i think why people like LEE and a few others get pissed sometimes because all these guys should be looking after each other instead of fighting amongst themselves or sticking their head in the sand when something unjust happens.....because after all, next time it could be them getting shafted  ;).

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
YEAH BUT YOU DONT DIET 16 WEEKS TO GO TO WORK....AND THE WORK IS JUST FOR ONE DAY.........YOU WORK PROBALY 5 DAYS OUT OF 7........HE PREPARED FOR THIS 1 DAY.....

you profesional bodybuilders are acting like bodybuilding is such a hard job. If i had the genetics, id rather diet 16 weeks and hit the gym hard for money, than to be a cook in a hotel working 10 hours a day/ 5/6 days in the week, and yes the kitchen is hot.  

Yes the other competitors should have stood up for this guy, but if this is your life, competing, than brother you have to be prepared to fly in earlier just in case you get delaued, dont take no chances even if you have to pay the hotel-room for few days extra.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 06:12:20 PM »
Bodybuilding is a selfish event, that's why nobody stood up for him. If one guy doesn't get to compete then everybody moves up a spot.

NOTHING is going to change until the top guys come out and take a stand. Priest is pretty much solely responsible for the PDI getting attention. It takes guys in the top 10, the guys who actually make money, to make a difference.

If Branch, Dexter, Freeman, Heath, Ruhl, Jay, Ronnie, Victor, James, Wolfe, etc...guys who WIN shows, stepped up and demand changes THEN MAYBE the IFBB wouldn't be such a joke.

When people only look out for number 1, everybody gets screwed.
Yeah thats what I was trying to say...I just said it Dumber ;D.

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 06:14:36 PM »
Unbelievably stupid and mean.
Repent, or join me!

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »
it amazes me that so much people over the world are a member of a fitness gym, but the bodybuilding scene is so not accepted, and little money in it for the athletes. these guys are taking huge amounts of chemicals in to the body, but they dont get no $$ in return, except for 3 top guys. its just hopeless and dangerous, cant look at it any different. :-\

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

you profesional bodybuilders are acting like bodybuilding is such a hard job. If i had the genetics, id rather diet 16 weeks and hit the gym hard for money, than to be a cook in a hotel working 10 hours a day/ 5/6 days in the week, and yes the kitchen is hot.  

Yes the other competitors should have stood up for this guy, but if this is your life, competing, than brother you have to be prepared to fly in earlier just in case you get delaued, dont take no chances even if you have to pay the hotel-room for few days extra.
Yeah that is also a good point EL, but still  :-\.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »

That's true but doesn't mean the IFBB should treat their athletes like shit.

Stavios

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2007, 06:24:47 PM »
IFBB sucks big time

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
YEAH BUT YOU DONT DIET 16 WEEKS TO GO TO WORK....AND THE WORK IS JUST FOR ONE DAY.........YOU WORK PROBALY 5 DAYS OUT OF 7........HE PREPARED FOR THIS 1 DAY.....

While I fully agree with you Lee, the workers 5 days of pay are, seemingly, considerably less than Armin's would be if he placed in the money. Guy goes to McDonalds for a day of work, brings home $60 making minimum wage. The prize money for the CO Pro:

* 1st: $25,000.00
* 2nd: $10,000.00
* 3rd: $5,000.00
4th: $4,000.00
5th: $3,000.00
6th: $1,000.00
7th: $1,000.00
8th: $1,000.00
9th: $1,000.00
10th: $1,000.00

Say Armin places 6-10, he makes $1,000. Now, on a per day basis (112 days to 16 weeks, 1,000 divided by 112) he's making $8.92 per day. Guy isn't even making minimum wage, let alone what the aforementioned poster makes in a day! :o
(Now i just hope I didn't lose track of my thinking process while the roommate ran the vacuum, and I screwed something up!)

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »
Armin's flight got delayed so he missed the athletes meeting and they didn't let him compete because of that

class act  ::)

But if you take a pic of yourself screwing a grapefruit, you win the show :-\

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 10:55:42 PM »
it amazes me that so much people over the world are a member of a fitness gym, but the bodybuilding scene is so not accepted, and little money in it for the athletes. these guys are taking huge amounts of chemicals in to the body, but they dont get no $$ in return, except for 3 top guys. its just hopeless and dangerous, cant look at it any different. :-\

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 10:55:50 PM »
Well, Lee, why would any of those guys risk placing lower by supporting a huge guy like that? We can predict what bodybuilders will do.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »
Bob Cicherillo is a fucking joke.  We have asshole Sean Ray not allowing Armin to compete EVEN THOUGH HE WAS AT THE PREJUDGING because his plane was late, and Cicherillo doesn't stand up for him to try and let this guy compete??!!!  Now, if Bob didn't know, then this shows how out of touch he is with the inner workings of bodybuilding.  If he did know, and didn't do a damn thing to help this guy, then he should be REMOVED FROM HIS POSITION IMMEDIATELY. 

I hope you're satisfied with yourselves Sean and Bob. 

By the way Bob, no need for your face to turn beet red when interviewing Jamie Eason.  She isn't interested....it was pretty obvious from her rolling her eyes at your pathetic attempts to act funny.  She thinks you are old and creepy. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 11:21:32 PM »
Lay off Chick!  >:(

He represented him as best he could. Blame all the other competitors -- THEY didn't show up to the secret vote Chick had to see if Armin should be allowed to compete or not.

LOL!
HAHA, RON.....

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 11:53:52 PM »
Armin's flight got delayed so he missed the athletes meeting and they didn't let him compete because of that

class act  ::)

Too bad.  Excuses are like assholes---we all have them...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 12:30:46 AM »
Armin was never IN the show...never signed a contract in advance, never called the promoter to say he was coming, never had anyone else say he would be competing.

I talked to him myself about 2 weeks ago at Golds Venice and asked him if he would be competing in Colorado...he saiud he didn't think so.

He just showed up the day of the show...it had nothing to do with him missing a flight...no one knew he was coming in the first place.

As usual...you guys jump to conclusions without ever asking for the full story and details...pathetic.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 12:32:57 AM »
Chic...you did a great job singing the rest of Kai Green's posing song!

You have a pretty good voice!!!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 12:37:46 AM »
Armin was never IN the show...never signed a contract in advance, never called the promoter to say he was coming, never had anyone else say he would be competing.

I talked to him myself about 2 weeks ago at Golds Venice and asked him if he would be competing in Colorado...he saiud he didn't think so.

He just showed up the day of the show...it had nothing to do with him missing a flight...no one knew he was coming in the first place.

As usual...you guys jump to conclusions without ever asking for the full story and details...pathetic.

Oh yes Chick, we are all so pathetic aren't we?  You need to get a life yourself. 

What, you have nothing better to do than come on here and debate with a bunch of retards?  Must be so empowering for you!

You are fast gaining the credibility of Sean Rey. 

Yes, Sean lost all cred. when  he continued posting here.  The same is happening to you Bob.   Sad but true!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 12:39:27 AM »

Oh yes Chick, we are all so pathetic aren't we?  You need to get a life yourself. 

What, you have nothing better to do than come on here and debate with a bunch of retards?  Must be so empowering for you!

You are fast gaining the credibility of Sean Rey. 

Yes, Sean lost all cred. when  he continued posting here.  The same is happening to you Bob.   Sad but true!

Geezus.

Chick got in front of the story and laid it to rest so that there won't be 10 pages of 'Armin got screwed!' before Monday morning. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »

Ok, boys and girls - raise your hand if you just got owned. 

Thanks, Chick. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 12:42:30 AM »
Ok, boys and girls - raise your hand if you just got owned. 

Thanks, Chick. 

was pretty obvious

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 01:01:18 AM »

Didn't Shawn made it clear awhile ago that no contract was needed to enter his show, when it was said that DJ didn't sign a contract to do his show?
So what are you trying to say here?

How come Armin received his number (19) for the show, handed in his posing music, was told everything was ok, only to be approached 20 minutes later in the dressing room by an IFBB official who told him he can't compete because it's mandatory to attend the athletes meeting in order to compete?
The official didn't mention signing a contract as the reason for not competing.

Stavios

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 01:05:41 AM »
Didn't Shawn made it clear awhile ago that no contract was needed to enter his show, when it was said that DJ didn't sign a contract to do his show?
So what are you trying to say here?

How come Armin received his number (19) for the show, handed in his posing music, was told everything was ok, only to be approached 20 minutes later in the dressing room by an IFBB offiicial who told him he can't compete because it's mandatory to attend the athletes meeting in order to compete?
The official didn't mention signing a contract as the reason for not competing.

shut!!! Antonio you are making Bob looks bad !
he if trying to hide that fact that he didn't do his job the best that he can !

don't hate man  ;D

Bob that answer is pathetic seriously. The guy took a fucking plane, is right there at the show in contest shape, why not let him fucking compete if he wants

Monster trying to protect the ifbb instead of working for the athletes

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2007, 01:12:05 AM »
shut!!! Antonio you are making Bob looks bad !
he if trying to hide that fact that he didn't do his job the best that he can !

don't hate man  ;D

Bob that answer is pathetic seriously. The guy took a fucking plane, is right there at the show in contest shape, why not let him fucking compete if he wants

Monster trying to protect the ifbb instead of working for the athletes

Why complain