Author Topic: Emcees stageside in the booth  (Read 841 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Emcees stageside in the booth
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »
I thought having Dan and Bob in a lit booth to the side of the stage was a good touch. 

Definitely beat the old "Lonnie Teper stands at the podium like a high school principal" feel from other shows. 

I hope more promoters use this format.  They were able to have their screens and papers in front of them, and therefore were able to stay on top of everything all night.  The show kept a good flow - no dead air, and no hige missteps.  Seeing a guy onstage fumble with notecards, eh, I'm not a big fan of that.   

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Emcees stageside in the booth
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »
I thought having Dan and Bob in a lit booth to the side of the stage was a good touch. 

Definitely beat the old "Lonnie Teper stands at the podium like a high school principal" feel from other shows. 

I hope more promoters use this format.  They were able to have their screens and papers in front of them, and therefore were able to stay on top of everything all night.  The show kept a good flow - no dead air, and no hige missteps.  Seeing a guy onstage fumble with notecards, eh, I'm not a big fan of that.   
Crack'n on the Swami? LT does a good job of emceeing shows and works with what the promoter provides.

Dan and Bob did a good job at the mic and it was smoother than last year's production. It took a good deal of work on Dan and Bob's end to make that touch happen, in conjunction with the promoters. Most promoters will not take the time or effort to do something like that.
Elevate Your Image.™

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Re: Emcees stageside in the booth
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
I agree.  Very professional production.