Author Topic: Survey: Should the IFBB pros be drug tested? pro/con  (Read 3297 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Survey: Should the IFBB pros be drug tested? pro/con
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 12:55:19 PM »
It would be a bad idea!! look at what happend to the WBF!

The WBF had a much easier time with its policy, because Vince McMahon only had to test 13 guys (well, 14, if you counted Lex Luger).

Plus, McMahon went from one extreme (letting the bodybuilders inject whatever they wanted) to the other (testing them for everything but the kitchen sink, and testing them multiple times a month).

Plus, drug testing ain't cheap, especially if you want to be as extensive as Dr. Mauro Dipasquale, the man who ran the WBF's testing protocols, did.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »
Would you support a mostly drug free IFBB ?  I would 100%. But how does the rest of get big feel.
I would accept and support smaller , less freaky but healthy role models and I still believe they would be impressive.
Your feelings/comments?
Stupid.

They will just go to another untested federation. And untested bbers is what draws peoples attention so it would be the end for IFBB if they did.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 01:24:10 PM »
Stupid.

They will just go to another untested federation. And untested bbers is what draws peoples attention so it would be the end for IFBB if they did.

I believe less freaky guys = alot less revenue in supplements, magazines etc.

top bodies account for the most "attention" in these cases, and in the financial state bodybuilding is in, if supplement companies/mags start failing, it's all over.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 01:51:35 PM »
Would you support a mostly drug free IFBB ?  I would 100%. But how does the rest of get big feel.
I would accept and support smaller , less freaky but healthy role models and I still believe they would be impressive.
Your feelings/comments?

Yes. Back to the roots, like Sandow wanted it!  ::)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »
Dont be stupid... of course not.  Nobody wants to see natural shows.  The best we can hope for is to rein in the guts/GH/IGF/Insulin bloated physiques by changing what the judges reward. Great symmetry and flat stomachs should count for a lot, and the DJ/Marcus Ruhl/Bloat monsters need to go.

This appears to be the general consensus of those that are practical and realistic like Bob Chic.
Judging in this way may be the most practical cost effective way  which with the limited funds in pro bodybuilding may be the way to go. As long as the guys look sleek without a huge gut or absurd synthol, who cares what they are on in the long run. The last 2 shows seemed to move in this direction?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!