Author Topic: Tanning how to ???  (Read 1607 times)

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
Tanning how to ???
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »
Ok so im 8 weeks into my cycle and pimples are starting to appear my whole torso seems to be affected so i started swiming a few more times a week and now i decided to go tanning but i have never done this before other than going down the shore adn lay under the sun so i need a few tips from you guys...
how is it done? do you get in the booths for a few minutes or is it spray on tan?
or maybe a combinaton of both?
I  dont know why i feel like a btch for asking this questions
 ;D ;D ;D
 8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Tanning how to ???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:10 AM »
Just go to a tanning place & lay in a bed for about 5-10 minutes a couple times a week.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:45:23 AM »
Come to my house and help me put on a new roof. The sun is great up there. ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 05:56:24 AM »
Start small...6-8 minutes twice a week.

work your way up to 12-15 minutes twice a week at the most...

don't go more than twice a week unless you want skin problems in the future.

8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 05:28:30 AM »
Tanning booths are a nice way to eventually end up with skin cancer. Avoid at all costs. Tan using the sun or get lotions.

If you go in the sun you really don't need that much to get some color-20 minutes a side. Anything beyond that use sunblock.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 06:00:54 AM »
I dont like to use tanning boths too much, but before a competition I do.  Depends on the time of year for me, where I live 6 months out of the year you cant tan outside.  So to get that base tan which you need before you put on your competition color I will hit the booths for a couple months.  I usually go just 2 times a week for 10-12 min. each time.  And the last 3 weeks or so I may try and go 3 times per week.

Make sure you get some lotion for indoor tanning and apply it before you tan.  After you shower especially on days you tan apply moisterizer lotion to your whole body after you dry off to lock the moisture into your skin.  Arnold liked Nivia lotion  ;)

And very good advice from the guys who said start slow and increase your time in the bed a little at a time.  Start with a lower intensity beds at first then move up slowly to the nucular level.  Them things will fry you if you are not careful.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 06:37:11 AM »

And very good advice from the guys who said start slow and increase your time in the bed a little at a time.  Start with a lower intensity beds at first then move up slowly to the nucular level.  Them things will fry you if you are not careful.

Same with lying in the sun-starting from scratch keep it to 15 minutes a side at the beginning and you can build a base without first getting a burn.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 09:36:39 AM »
If you goto a tanning place they have Tanning experts that tell you how much you should tan and how long, ask them they know.
TEAM Nasser

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
If you goto a tanning place they have Tanning experts that tell you how much you should tan and how long, ask them they know.
LOL Tanning experts. . . . . . . . The girls at my place are not a day over 17
U

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

I have to agree the people who work at those places for the most are young girls who make minimum wage and most of them have the attitude that they dont even wanna be there and could care less.  Not the people I would ask for any kind of advice.

tab1

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »
Tanning bed 6-12 mins once or twice a week and your good to go.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
I like the sun, but some people rebound from sun exposure.  ie their acne clears up, but then comes back stronger. 

the sun is worse for skin cancer (uvb-causes cancer, as well as UVA-more photoaging)

tanning beds are somewhat better (only having UVA), however, skin cancer and melanoma risks do go up.

see your dermatologist and ask for clindamycin solution. works great.

if you cannot afford to see your derm, get some benzoyl peroxide product.
you are gay.

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
get in then get out its like taking a piss  ;)

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »

I agree.  Most of them are darker than shit anyways.  The last bit of advice that you wanna take from them is how to look like shit tan.