Author Topic: *Body Fat & Diet year round. What do MOST of you stay under??  (Read 3354 times)

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
For all who compete, what do you do in your "off" season? What kind of calorie intake do you stay around? Do most of you eat clean year round, just cheating on the rare occasions or special weekends? What about your body fat percentage? I've seen some stay pretty lean year round & some get (what looks like) well over 20%. Just looking for some to respond. For those who loosen the dieting reigns, do you diet 12,14 or 16 weeks out? Thanks to all who respond, I think a lot of competitors like to know what others do for help in designing their own regimens.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: *Body Fat & Diet year round. What do MOST of you stay under??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:51:44 AM »
I like most of my competitors to stay at 10% during competition season. They compete at 7% to 8% it depends how they look and what show, and do they hold water or not. It's not so cut and dry. Every Woman body is different. My wife Alexis, Looks her best at 6 1/2 % . Thats when her Abs come in LAST!!! It normally takes 8 to 12 weeks to drop 4 solid % points and not look shitty in the face. You need to give your face at least a month at a particular body fat percent. That way it Fills out a bit. Looks better for Figure Competitors.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:52 AM »
I'm assuming you don't mean maintaining 10% for more than a few months since that is dangerous for most female bodies? Keeping it that low can cause infertility if I'm right.   Would you say most shouldn't surpass 15% on the off season?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »

I hover at around 23% most of the year, but work down to 21% for the summer contest season.

;D

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
I don't go over 12% in the of season, last year I went on stage at 5%. In the off season you should at least be able to see some of our abs, otherwise you have to work your butt off (literally) before the show. Keep in mind women have a harder time getting legs to come in than guys do.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »
Everyones Genetics are different. Alexis Ellis, Stayed at 8% for almost 5yrs straight. She never missed her Period. Other women, drop below 15% and don't get there's at all. It's not so Cut and Dry. You really, really, need to take the time and know your body. Adela, and Alexis are Dominican, maybe thats why they are able to maintain such a low bodyfat %.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
I hover at around 23% most of the year, but work down to 21% for the summer contest season.

;D

I'm hoping this is a joke.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »
Thank you guys. I figured it was fine to stay around 15% or under off season. I've had too many tell me I have to be higher & frankly I dont want to be. I'm sure you can still build without having to be 18%BF. I'm going to get the BF down now so come begining of the year its not so tough to get below 10%. I've got some work though. hahaa 20%BF now.