Author Topic: Me at 160lbs  (Read 9592 times)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: Me at 160lbs
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 11:14:45 PM »
I love how peope like to tell me ive never benched 355 when I just did it about 3 days ago.  The worst part is ill probably hit 360 because 355 was no problem.  I take it as a compliment if you think that is so increadible that I couldnt possibly do it.  I do have very short arms so that plays to my advantage.  I wouldnt exagerate my bench because people seem to think im full of shit when I tell the truth.    In that picture I probably only could have done 335 or so but ive goten stronger so maybe I look slightly bigger now. I Ive gained about 3lbs or so. Maybe ill post some updated pictures but im still probably not considered fat enough to lift that much wieght since its only a 3lbs gain. 
a lot of people don't believe you ??? like the people in the gym?

there was this guy named matt in my gym about 3 yrs ago and would brag how he could bench 465 so me and my training partner were playing around with 405 and he was in the gym and i said hey "bro" come on man show us how it's done!... so he jumped on the bench, and i gave him a hand off, and boooooom! hahahahaha! that little bitch was screaming like a girl.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »
I dont tell people in the gym how much I lift but they see me go heavy so they know.  I, didnt word that post good,saying "people" dont believe 355 but I should have said anything over 350 and only on getbig.  Ive had several people on getbig not believe me lifting 350.  355 is a new personal record I just did a few days ago so you are actually the first to question it so I correct myself. I logged my last couple workouts in the training section and its shows my workouts, My last workout I did 315 for 6, 335 for 3 and 355 for 1. I dont lift like a bodybuilder, I like to go heavy. I just do a few sets as heavy as I can and thats it.   A 355lb bench is good for a person who is 160 but its not that heavy in comparison to what bigger people can do.  I just saw a video on youtube of some guy who was 170 in a powerlifting meet do 422 and he didnt even look big.  My 355 is nothing compared to that.  I wondered how I would do in powerlifting so I looked up some national and world records and I dont even come close. Someone at 160lbs did over 500lbs raw I think in the 80s sometime.  Its funny because had a posted some pics of when I was 190 with the same muscle mass but more fat people would believe me but say I needed to loose wieght but if I have a good amount of muscle and not much fat people on getbig dont believe me.  Theres a big difference between a 465 benchand a 355.  I will never naturally get 465lbs bench especially being 160.   I  think on a good day I can do 360 but havnt yet done it. 

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
I dont know how to post a link but if you go to the "training questions and answers and then at the top there is an area that says training logs, if you go there my post is in there.  I havnt been able to post every single workout but most latley.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 06:48:38 AM »
I dont know how to post a link but if you go to the "training questions and answers and then at the top there is an area that says training logs, if you go there my post is in there.  I havnt been able to post every single workout but most latley.

Here is the link to Herc's log: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=155796.0

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:26 AM »
i think what SS probably meant was "you look good but he's never benched 355 in his life"
well we can't all be as huge, and strong as you simply are ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
a lot of people don't believe you ??? like the people in the gym?

there was this guy named matt in my gym about 3 yrs ago and would brag how he could bench 465 so me and my training partner were playing around with 405 and he was in the gym and i said hey "bro" come on man show us how it's done!... so he jumped on the bench, and i gave him a hand off, and boooooom! hahahahaha! that little bitch was screaming like a girl.

hahahaha I was expecting to read "BOOM...he threw it up with no trouble". :)

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:30 PM »
If you can really bench 355, why not enter a powerlifting competition?  You'd probably do really well in your weight class.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20:01 AM »
Im sure id do good with bench but my squats  are nothing special. Im not real competitive anyways, I just compete with myself and try to beat my own personal best.  Also I looked at some records and apparently someone has wieghed 160 and benched over 500lbs. I also saw some state records for California(where I live) and it was in the 400s.  Just for myself I would like to hit 405lbs one day but its unlikely and I would probably wiegh at least 168lbs if I ever get that strong. 

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »
Im sure id do good with bench but my squats  are nothing special. Im not real competitive anyways, I just compete with myself and try to beat my own personal best.  Also I looked at some records and apparently someone has wieghed 160 and benched over 500lbs. I also saw some state records for California(where I live) and it was in the 400s.  Just for myself I would like to hit 405lbs one day but its unlikely and I would probably wiegh at least 168lbs if I ever get that strong. 

The guy who benched over 500 used a shirt, no one benches over 500 at 160 raw

The RAW WORLD RECORD at 165 lbs is 400

it's right here http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/records.htm

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »
hahahahaha, oh brother. ::)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
Jesus, is your head the size of a watermelon or is your frame just that small?

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 08:42:12 PM »
 hahahahaha, oh brother.

Not sure what your problem is.  I guess you think im lifting 135lbs or something since its only possible for fat people to lift any kind of wieght.  Someone asked how much I lifted and I gave an answer and someone asked why not powerlift and I gave an answer.  I didnt realize it was that big of a deal.  I didnt go voluntering info bragging about my lifts or something.  I posted in the training logs section and gave all my numbers including my weak ones.  I didnt realize it was so unheard of until now.  I lift with guys my size that are pretty close to the same strength so I didnt think it was a big deal.  If I was a fatass you wouldnt have any problem with what I say.  Ive seen fat people on getbig with no visible muscles claim 400 or 500lbs bench and nobody even questions it and they dont even look like they have any muscularity.  Its muscles that lift wieght not fat.  You would be suprised how small you too would be if you got down to about 8 or 10 percent bodyfat. 

Jesus, is your head the size of a watermelon or is your frame just that small?

My heads about normal, it just looks big in the pic. cause im looking down and the camera is above me which makes whatever is highest look biggest since its closest to the camera.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »
Im pretty sure thats not the real world record, I saw some raw numbers that were like 520lbs for 160lbs.  This web site I looked at had all countries included and went all the way back to the 80s for world records and took from all federations.  I cant find it though. That Federation with a 400lbs record looks like a small federation. If you look all the records are set by people from about 5 states including the world record.  Not one is outside of the U.S and im sure Russia and countries like that have some records. If some guy who is like 4'10" get a bunch of steriods and gets up to 160lbs and focuses mainly on bench im sure he could blow 400lbs out of the water.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:09 PM »
Ok I found a list of some records, so it looks like its 485lbs in 83.  the site is powerliftingwatch.com

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 04:08:04 AM »
Do you have a split between your upper and lower pecs?

Are you flexing your chest in those shots?

You look like Sean Sherk (5'5, 155) which is a good thing.  I'd take an powerful, athletic physique over a muscle bound one.

Check out this video of Sherk training.  The guy is an animal!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2he29_all-access-sean-sherk

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »
I dont have a good split between my pecs. My chest devolopment has always lacked because my tricepts  and shoulders dominate compound movements like pressing movements.  Ive made some improvements but still have a ways to go to improve this.  Im flexing in all the pics excetp the second one.

That guys got an intense training routine.  I used to wrestle and just a 6 minute match will take it out of you.  I cant imagine grappling for 45 minutes straight alternating with different people who arnt tired.

liljj

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
The lies.

spinnis

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »
are u natural? anyway U look great! :)

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »
u look great man! awsome genetics and yes i believe your lift although i would find it hard to believe if u did all these lift at that bodyfat and if u do your a freakin beast!

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »
yeah, I am natural and have always been.  I did the lift at that bodyfat.  I always try to stay around 8 or 9 percent so I dont have to cut or "bulk up" those pics were actually taken within days of me doing the lift,. I have very short arms which probably helps a lot. I got up to 360 shortly after but since that time I went on vacation and am somewhat weaker but am now trying to get there again.