Author Topic: Snacks while in pre-contest  (Read 18798 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Re: Snacks while in pre-contest
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 11:31:52 AM »
Right now I would love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. lmao. 

You can have a half of a PB&J sandwich with water as long as it's before noon and only twice in a 10 day stretch!
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2007, 11:47:35 AM »
You can have a half of a PB&J sandwich with water as long as it's before noon and only twice in a 10 day stretch!
Sobbing  :'(  It's almost 3:00pm.
:D Weee

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »
Sobbing  :'(  It's almost 3:00pm.

Yes I know I am on EST as well! I have an Idea and this will not hurt you, make that half of a sandwich (one slice of bread) and cut it into bite size pieces (maybe 4-6 every half hour as needed) that will take the edge off some what but no milk this late, only water OFC.

Almost reads like a prescription lol!
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
Yes I know I am on EST as well! I have an Idea and this will not hurt you, make that half of a sandwich (one slice of bread) and cut it into bite size pieces (maybe 4-6 every half hour as needed) that will take the edge off some what but no milk this late, only water OFC.

Almost reads like a prescription lol!
lol, it does read like a prescription.  The sandwich will have to wait as I am not at home.  I will work on some asparagus stalks, I guess.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2007, 12:10:23 PM »
lol, it does read like a prescription.  The sandwich will have to wait as I am not at home.  I will work on some asparagus stalks, I guess.

Well its my time to eat as well I will go roll some asparagus spears on the grill so you won't have to eat them alone! CYA!
W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
 :)

R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2007, 01:21:29 PM »
Eat some nuts chic, almonds, for Macadamias are loaded with healthy fats and arent that high in carbs!
X

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »
Have you ever tried the protein 'brownie'?  You can use any kind of chocolate whey, but Beverly Int'l Muscle provider seems to taste the best.

Put one scoop of whey into a small microwave-proof bowl.  Mix in just enough water until it takes on a cake batter consistency.  Depending on your microwave, nuke it from 30-60 seconds.........just until the center starts to bubble up.  Let it sit for a couple of minutes to set, and it actually tastes like a brownie! 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »
Have you ever tried the protein 'brownie'?  You can use any kind of chocolate whey, but Beverly Int'l Muscle provider seems to taste the best.

Put one scoop of whey into a small microwave-proof bowl.  Mix in just enough water until it takes on a cake batter consistency.  Depending on your microwave, nuke it from 30-60 seconds.........just until the center starts to bubble up.  Let it sit for a couple of minutes to set, and it actually tastes like a brownie! 
I think I love you.  :-*

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 06:45:49 PM »
I think I love you.  :-*

Good Lord! Chocolate wins again! :)
W

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 06:55:22 PM »
Splenda Meringue cookies

Ingredients
Convert to Metric
Convert to U.S. Standard 5 egg whites
1/3 cup SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 pinch salt
 Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 13x11-inch baking sheet. Set aside.
Make Angel Bites. Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric mixer or wire whisk until frothy.
Add SPLENDAŽ Granulated, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approx. 20-30 seconds with an electric mixer).
Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
Assemble Angel Bites. Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 05:35:16 AM »
Splenda Meringue cookies

Ingredients
Convert to Metric
Convert to U.S. Standard 5 egg whites
1/3 cup SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 pinch salt
 Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 13x11-inch baking sheet. Set aside.
Make Angel Bites. Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric mixer or wire whisk until frothy.
Add SPLENDAŽ Granulated, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approx. 20-30 seconds with an electric mixer).
Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
Assemble Angel Bites. Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites

Mmmm, those sound yummy.  Add a little lime flavoring and they become Key-Lime Angel Bites.  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2007, 08:13:36 AM »
cheese cake with a bag of M&M"S
hahahahahahaa, all kidding aside though, just drink a glass of water or brush your teeth that will take away the cravings for a little while at least, also hit the bedroom with Mikey for a little while and do some "cardio".

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
hahahahahahaa, all kidding aside though, just drink a glass of water or brush your teeth that will take away the cravings for a little while at least, also hit the bedroom with Mikey for a little while and do some "cardio".
Now that's quite a snack.  ;)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »

I JUST made one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(they are the bomb!!)

thank you! ;D ;D ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
   I JUST made one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(they are the bomb!!)

thank you! ;D ;D ;D
Me too, but 30 seconds was too long.  It is yummy, but a bit dry.  Gotta do it for less time on my next one.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »
snacks during pre-contest?

interesting theory

;)

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
Hey Laura, it's the last 3 weeks before your contest.  If I were you, I wouldn't do any kind of snacking.  Just stick to your diet and dig in.  Don't do anything that will screw yourself up. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »
Well I did try the protein brownie.  Using an isolate protein.  0 carbs and 0 sugar.  Dry, but took the edge off, plus it was very filling.  ;)

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2007, 06:59:11 PM »
Hey Laura, it's the last 3 weeks before your contest.  If I were you, I wouldn't do any kind of snacking.  Just stick to your diet and dig in.  Don't do anything that will screw yourself up. 

Well, sometimes, a "snack" pre-comp is inevitable. Often, people who have variable schedules will need an extra meal or snack built into their diet so that there is never more than 3 hrs in the day between meals.

My diet has flexibility for an extra meal if I need it (for example, if I wake up at 5am and go to bed at 2am due to my work schedule).  Usually, I will start off splitting my meals in half and eating every 2 hrs rather than every 3..........but on the REALLY long, crazy days, I still need to add extra so that there is not a 5-6 hr gap without a meal.  I think as a once-in-a while thing it's okay to do that--provided you limit the 'extras' to clean protein and fibrous carbs.

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
Well, sometimes, a "snack" pre-comp is inevitable. Often, people who have variable schedules will need an extra meal or snack built into their diet so that there is never more than 3 hrs in the day between meals.

My diet has flexibility for an extra meal if I need it (for example, if I wake up at 5am and go to bed at 2am due to my work schedule).  Usually, I will start off splitting my meals in half and eating every 2 hrs rather than every 3..........but on the REALLY long, crazy days, I still need to add extra so that there is not a 5-6 hr gap without a meal.  I think as a once-in-a while thing it's okay to do that--provided you limit the 'extras' to clean protein and fibrous carbs.

I never said snacking on white chicken and brocolli is bad, especially if you are working long shifts like you are doc.  I've had longer days than I have had meals and would stretch them out also.  But I would try to avoid the brownies.  It's tough!  I've had friends that bite on a Snickers bar all week and they do fine in a show.  However, I'd hate to be standing on stage thinking, "Damn!  I never should have eaten that (insert whatever)!"

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2007, 05:03:57 AM »
I never said snacking on white chicken and brocolli is bad, especially if you are working long shifts like you are doc.  I've had longer days than I have had meals and would stretch them out also.  But I would try to avoid the brownies.  It's tough!  I've had friends that bite on a Snickers bar all week and they do fine in a show.  However, I'd hate to be standing on stage thinking, "Damn!  I never should have eaten that (insert whatever)!"
It wasn't a real brownie (w/sugar n flour).  It was made from just protein powder (isolate) and water.  That's it.  :)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2007, 09:57:11 AM »
It wasn't a real brownie (w/sugar n flour).  It was made from just protein powder (isolate) and water.  That's it.  :)

There's been a lot of studies proving that your body may not know the difference & process it as if it were.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
There's been a lot of studies proving that your body may not know the difference & process it as if it were.
I know I'm blonde...but it's fake.  ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »
right