Author Topic: How does ones stomach get this big?  (Read 33103 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: How does ones stomach get this big?
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2007, 06:35:30 PM »
Fine.  So we can both agree that when one's stomach protrudes, it may be from something other than "visceral fat."

That's a starting place.  The lack of food and nutrition is the cause.  Now, WHAT is actually taking place to produce the noticeable protrusion?

OF course it could be something else. I also could be a tumaah.  ;D

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
Well, you avoided the issue.  Something makes the stomach protrude.  What physical compounds push against the walls of the stomach?

Another example:  My uncle was a veterinarian, and needed to drain an old dog's stomach with a syringe every few months or so.  I'd seen it done.  I don't know why it occured - but fluid would build up in the stomach (not fat).

My point:  There is more than one theory, and unless a doctor has evidence, we're just guessing.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »
Well, you avoided the issue.  Something makes the stomach protrude.  What physical compounds push against the walls of the stomach?

Another example:  My uncle was a veterinarian, and needed to drain an old dog's stomach with a syringe every few months or so.  I'd seen it done.  I don't know why it occured - but fluid would build up in the stomach (not fat).

My point:  There is more than one theory, and unless a doctor has evidence, we're just guessing.

Yep, I'm avoiding the issue.  ::)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »
A starving person's stomach protrudes, yet there's no food or fat. 

A bodybuilder with no fat whatsoever (even facial cheeks and glutes) has a protruding stomach. 

I'm just pointing out that it's not a simple matter.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »

Why can't you do your own research on this bro?

A bodybuilder with no fat whatsoever (even facial cheeks and glutes) has a protruding stomach. 

I have already answered this many many times! Read this thread!!!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »

Bro, they're completely different.  A starving person having a large gut is either due to a lack of protein, Kwashiorkor, or due to a total lack of food/nutrients...marasmus.

The cause of these is the lack of proteins in the system, which means no "oncotic" pressure, so the fluid diffuses out into the peritoneum....ascites.

PLUS, these guys have huge guts year round...not just for the show.  :o

Nothing like shredded abs...that hang over the trunks  ;D
just not good enough

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »
Bro, they're completely different.  A starving person having a large gut is either due to a lack of protein, Kwashiorkor, or due to a total lack of food/nutrients...marasmus.

The cause of these is the lack of proteins in the system, which means no "oncotic" pressure, so the fluid diffuses out into the peritoneum....ascites.

PLUS, these guys have huge guts year round...not just for the show.  :o

Nothing like shredded abs...that hang over the trunks  ;D

Yes, I know they are completely different examples.  My point was that fluid CAN be the culprit to cause a protrusion. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »

That's from parasites and yes, a starving person does have fat, visceral and other wise...it's muscle they lose along with the inability to make anti bodies because of the lack of protein and nutrition.....disease and inability to fight it kills a starving person in a third world country.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2007, 04:53:56 AM »
The huge guts is a side effect of large amounts of cortisol in the system along with adding torso size and losing limb size, these are common side effects of people with elevated levels of cortisol, basically its palumboism from taking too many steroids that your body can no longer control its cortisol levels, this is a fact, and that is why most guys start going backwards later in their carrears, Mrakus Ruhl King Kamalki, Nasser in his late shows.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2007, 06:04:29 AM »
The huge guts is a side effect of large amounts of cortisol in the system along with adding torso size and losing limb size, these are common side effects of people with elevated levels of cortisol, basically its palumboism from taking too many steroids that your body can no longer control its cortisol levels, this is a fact, and that is why most guys start going backwards later in their carrears, Mrakus Ruhl King Kamalki, Nasser in his late shows.

mate, seriously, i doubt cortisol is the culprit. these guys have tons of muscle that would indicate that catabolic hormones like cortisol are largely being blocked.

muscle wasting is not the issue with these guys, that should be obvious. they are not losing 'limb size' either (by that i'm assuming/hope you mean circumference). they may look somewhat smaller because of the torso mass. get a pic of sergio oliva and photoshop it to appear like he has a 40" waist and you'll get the picture.

ruhl's losing size ??? are you out of your fucking mind? geez, only on getbig would you read something like that. ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2007, 09:05:06 AM »

You need to do a little more research on Cushings Disease.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »
Forgive me if you went over it already disgusted, but what causes the thickening of the obliques? I understand what you mean by the visceral fat causing the protruding bellies. but waht about the obliques?

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2007, 10:59:06 PM »
Forgive me if you went over it already disgusted, but what causes the thickening of the obliques? I understand what you mean by the visceral fat causing the protruding bellies. but waht about the obliques?

What causes thickening of any other skeletal muscle in the body?  that's right, training and lots of it and heavy work.  All these things along with high hormone levels and lots of good eating can make any muscle, not just the obliques larger.  many athletes have thick obliques just from the type of compound work they do...they heavy twisting exercises for trunk mobility and strength...alll these things add up.

The distention is caused by insulin and igf, generally....Gh in low amounts will not cause much in the way of enlargement of the gut and abdomin....in abuseive levels yes it can.  primaraly it is caused by lots of insulin and igf, however.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »
What causes thickening of any other skeletal muscle in the body?  that's right, training and lots of it and heavy work.  All these things along with high hormone levels and lots of good eating can make any muscle, not just the obliques larger.  many athletes have thick obliques just from the type of compound work they do...they heavy twisting exercises for trunk mobility and strength...alll these things add up.

The distention is caused by insulin and igf, generally....Gh in low amounts will not cause much in the way of enlargement of the gut and abdomin....in abuseive levels yes it can.  primaraly it is caused by lots of insulin and igf, however.

There is some truth to waht you are saying but its not exactly what I meant. Look at somebody like polumbo, his very thick obliques along with the belly is what makes it look worse. Kinda like a one two punch ;D