Author Topic: Where the hell did 240 go?  (Read 3534 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Where the hell did 240 go?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
He is all over the other boards..but since Hedge called his punk ass out he seemed to lose interest over here

Can somebody link to this thread? I missed it.
The House that Ruth built

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 08:19:05 AM »

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »
240 is back, reflect upon your reactions to September 11 and subsequently discovering the attacks were probably government terrorism as opposed to Islamic; would it be fair to characterize each response as an over/knee-jerk reaction?

Alex Jones has a sensationalist delivery, many of the 911-truth movement arrive at seemingly absurd conclusions (IE holograms on planes, drones at the World Trade Centre) and there is a tendency to portray every news item as part of a life and death struggle no matter how mundane. These individuals are clearly suffering the same trauma as you were from your second reaction, and possibly intentionally manipulating information in the same way the ‘Neo Taints’ have.

Conversely, consider the work of responsible academics such as Steve Jones, Kevin Ryan and Jeff King or individuals such as Michael Ruppert and William Rodriguez who have put their lives on the line to bring information to light; are you not doing them a disservice by equating them with the likes Alex Jones? Moreover, in this context, could your recent revelation about the nature of 911-revisionism be the same as your previous over reactions?

Your enthusiasm has inspired many people and much discussion. I truly hope you do not throw that away over Alex Jones and Cadillac ads. Searching for the truth is a reward in and of itself :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:54 AM »
240 is back, reflect upon your reactions to September 11 and subsequently discovering the attacks were probably government terrorism as opposed to Islamic; would it be fair to characterize each response as an over/knee-jerk reaction?

Alex Jones has a sensationalist delivery, many of the 911-truth movement arrive at seemingly absurd conclusions (IE holograms on planes, drones at the World Trade Centre) and there is a tendency to portray every news item as part of a life and death struggle no matter how mundane. These individuals are clearly suffering the same trauma as you were from your second reaction, and possibly intentionally manipulating information in the same way the ‘Neo Taints’ have.

Conversely, consider the work of responsible academics such as Steve Jones, Kevin Ryan and Jeff King or individuals such as Michael Ruppert and William Rodriguez who have put their lives on the line to bring information to light; are you not doing them a disservice by equating them with the likes Alex Jones? Moreover, in this context, could your recent revelation about the nature of 911-revisionism be the same as your previous over reactions?

Your enthusiasm has inspired many people and much discussion. I truly hope you do not throw that away over Alex Jones and Cadillac ads. Searching for the truth is a reward in and of itself :)

oh god not another 9/11 CT FOOL
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »

Gimmick.

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 09:45:21 AM »

Nineteen Islamic terrorists with box cutters is a conspiracy theory. Yes, you are a fool :)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 12:02:58 PM »
Nineteen Islamic terrorists with box cutters is a conspiracy theory. Yes, you are a fool :)

Exactly

Edit:
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/blueprints.html

I don't really want to get back into this 9/11 stuff ATM, but just curious.  Why do you believe the Blueprints were kept off limits after 9/11 and had to be leaked by a whistle blower?

(Not hit by debris)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 12:24:30 PM »

I am still interested in the news and politics, but I am realizing that we are spending our days debating, using a set of information which is lies/propaganda/alarmist from ALL sides.  

It seems like an outright waste of time to argue when both sides are stretching things.  911 will come out in 10 to 15 years slowly like it is, everyone will know, the media will dance around it like they do JFK... but the fact that 911 (what they considered inevitable and figured they'd rather LET it happen when it could be 4 planes and a poor middle east, instead of in ten years against suitcase nukes and a stronger middle east).

In other words, this is equivalent to packing a gun and walking at the edge of your neighbor's yard so his dog can bite you, so you can legally shoot it.  Why?  Cause you know it's gonna have babies soon, and you'll soon have ten very big dogs there, and they might bite your kids.  Why not take a 'manageable, controlled' hit when you're ready, and snuff out the problem early?   If they realistically believed the mid east would, in another generation, learn to USE the oil they have, then shit, they're a force to be reckoned with.  Globalization - their saudi and iraqi youth using the web and getting educations on par with ours for the first time - another generation and they would have capitalized upon the resource they had previously ignored.  Their new alliance with RUS and CHI shows they have plenty of ppl to sell to, NOT called the USA.

So I support taking their shit. period.  and in a util sense, it makes sense to take the small hit while the enemy is weak, so you can kill him, than to wait until he is rich and you take ten hits and you can't do shit back.  And I feel like a hypocrite when arguing it.  Cause I want the US to manage their oil.  I wouldn't advocate handing over that oil to the next generation of pricks over there - I want MY country to have it.

neotaints = bad because they are dishonest.  mm69 said today he hadn't looked at the 911 commission report.  yet the kid will spend hours here telling us it's not an inside job?  he's sadly unprepared for the argument, as I've read it and read the counter-report where every conflict is pointed out.  but to spend hours teaching him - why?  He cannot accept it, and never will, even if Rummy made a deathbed confession with blueprints.  he'd just give us another reason why it's crazy.  He's not mentally capable of understanding the necessity of a psyop to justify actions needed to pre-emptively take out a future competitive force.  There are 5 folks here like him - who ignore obvious facts because 'other countries would self-attack, but not us!".  They are children.  They cannot understand my advices.  :)

libs = bad because they are unrealistic.  You want to end the war?  Okay.  Tell us how we're going to compete with China, tell us what to do about an impending oil crisis, tell us what to do when the CHI/IRAN/CHI alliance bends us over in 3 years.  They can't.  They want to do the right thing, but dont know/care/face it will affect their quality of life greatly in the coming decades.

My take is that we were up shit creek (in terms of future trend) and we knew this 15 years ago, and we're acting now to stop it.  We'll succeed to some degree with the pipelines and maybe incursions on iran - or maybe iran will just give in and give haliburton the contracts so we don't blow up their civvie infrastructure and de-power them, who knows.  We're doing the dirt first to put off a recession or worse.

So I can't bitch about it anymore.  I support the goals of this war.  I'm a POS for saying it, but I admit it.  

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
The real reason is because 240's getting ready for the Mr. Getbig 2007.  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »
The real reason is because 240's getting ready for the Mr. Getbig 2007.  ;)

I'm on swole, this is true.

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »
I am still interested in the news and politics, but I am realizing that we are spending our days debating, using a set of information which is lies/propaganda/alarmist from ALL sides.  

It seems like an outright waste of time to argue when both sides are stretching things.  911 will come out in 10 to 15 years slowly like it is, everyone will know, the media will dance around it like they do JFK... but the fact that 911 (what they considered inevitable and figured they'd rather LET it happen when it could be 4 planes and a poor middle east, instead of in ten years against suitcase nukes and a stronger middle east).

In other words, this is equivalent to packing a gun and walking at the edge of your neighbor's yard so his dog can bite you, so you can legally shoot it.  Why?  Cause you know it's gonna have babies soon, and you'll soon have ten very big dogs there, and they might bite your kids.  Why not take a 'manageable, controlled' hit when you're ready, and snuff out the problem early?   If they realistically believed the mid east would, in another generation, learn to USE the oil they have, then shit, they're a force to be reckoned with.  Globalization - their saudi and iraqi youth using the web and getting educations on par with ours for the first time - another generation and they would have capitalized upon the resource they had previously ignored.  Their new alliance with RUS and CHI shows they have plenty of ppl to sell to, NOT called the USA.

So I support taking their shit. period.  and in a util sense, it makes sense to take the small hit while the enemy is weak, so you can kill him, than to wait until he is rich and you take ten hits and you can't do shit back.  And I feel like a hypocrite when arguing it.  Cause I want the US to manage their oil.  I wouldn't advocate handing over that oil to the next generation of pricks over there - I want MY country to have it.

neotaints = bad because they are dishonest.  mm69 said today he hadn't looked at the 911 commission report.  yet the kid will spend hours here telling us it's not an inside job?  he's sadly unprepared for the argument, as I've read it and read the counter-report where every conflict is pointed out.  but to spend hours teaching him - why?  He cannot accept it, and never will, even if Rummy made a deathbed confession with blueprints.  he'd just give us another reason why it's crazy.  He's not mentally capable of understanding the necessity of a psyop to justify actions needed to pre-emptively take out a future competitive force.  There are 5 folks here like him - who ignore obvious facts because 'other countries would self-attack, but not us!".  They are children.  They cannot understand my advices.  :)

libs = bad because they are unrealistic.  You want to end the war?  Okay.  Tell us how we're going to compete with China, tell us what to do about an impending oil crisis, tell us what to do when the CHI/IRAN/CHI alliance bends us over in 3 years.  They can't.  They want to do the right thing, but dont know/care/face it will affect their quality of life greatly in the coming decades.

My take is that we were up shit creek (in terms of future trend) and we knew this 15 years ago, and we're acting now to stop it.  We'll succeed to some degree with the pipelines and maybe incursions on iran - or maybe iran will just give in and give haliburton the contracts so we don't blow up their civvie infrastructure and de-power them, who knows.  We're doing the dirt first to put off a recession or worse.

So I can't bitch about it anymore.  I support the goals of this war.  I'm a POS for saying it, but I admit it.  

Truth is apolitical, much like myself.

You bring up many pertinent and accurate points regarding the imperative for September 11 and the motivations for regional transformation in the Middle East. However, as I eluded to in my previous post, you have gone from praising to vilifying and now back to praising the 'Neo Taints'. As in most situations, the truth lies in between.

You cannot assume the war in the Middle East is entirely utilitarian when billions of dollars are being taken from the treasury(which is basically your money) and foreign governments such as China(which someday will be your children's money) and effectively given to the military industrial complex; it is premature to assume civic duty outweighs greed. A relevant case study would be Vietnam where billions of dollars found their way into defence manufacturers pockets while roughly 60000 American troops died and nothing of strategic significance was gained.

On the other hand, since the dawn of industrial nations, war has served as a major economic stimulus and necessarily creates a surge in research and development; it is an effective way to couple the costs of military innovation with new domestic technology, at the expense of the tax payer. War is desirable in and of itself, yet that does not automatically equate to utilitarianism.

Like you, I am content to allow lower class Americans and miscellaneous brown people to kill each other in the hopes that I will at some point reap the benefits. This is by no means a certainty and we should therefore keep an open dialogue. This board has a pronounced paucity of intelligence and you should not contribute to that with silence.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 01:14:45 AM »
240 is the single reason i even looked into 9/11...Or even cared to...He got me started with it all and in doing so i found myself looking into alot of diff/things that most americans just don't give a fck about...

I personally know of a min/of 6 people that have really taken a look into 9/11 because of what i've been saying to them...What does that all mean? I don't know but it certainly isn't a bad thing...

I have seen 240 types on many boards and i haven't listened to word they said...What made me listen to what 240 had to say was the fact that over the past couple years he was a funny bastard...Made me laugh when i didn't feel like laughing...What he did to the "pros" still cracks me up...

So 240...Keep on sharing your opinion and anything and everything...You didn't exactly have a bodybuilders backround and that didn't stop you from talking about anything bodybuilding...So with that said, although talking politics is like taking about abortion and no one is right or wrong, conversation can still influence people and make them think...

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
Retired from politics.

so many of you are BLIND to obvious things, and will argue for hours without ever conceding your side has any flaws, and it's a waste of time.

Ditto 240. Although, a "waste of time" sounds like a huge understatement.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »
He'll be back...He's just waiting for more shit to hit the fan...he's just storing up his Mojo right now...

footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 01:16:01 PM »
i dunno.  life is way less stressful when you don't follow politics :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 01:25:21 PM »

heheheh.  yep!    :D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »

Agreed.......plus "the room" was beginning to feel like Hannity and Colmes.

No thanks.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2007, 11:23:51 PM »

Ignorance is bliss?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »
I'm gonna do like 240, only I'll still post here, but just not as often.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2007, 02:51:36 PM »
Ignorance is bliss?

-Hedge

I'm not ignorant.  I'm fairly well-informed as to what goes on in the world, as much as I can be.

Today I was plugging something in and realized "I don't know a lot about the infrastructure that is required to create electricity, wire it to houses, send it into my home, then into the little plug."

Then I thought about the water systems.  Gas systems.  Internet.  Roads.  Taxes.  health care.  National defense.  All these things that I will never be able to deeply comprehend the operations of... and I'm a fairly bright man.  I realized that while yes, there are some scumbags who use their positions to make self-profits and do things which violate my moral code... 1) I can't change it and 2) I can't comprehend the systems they do.  In other words, I wouldn't change it.  I don't have the tools or knowledge to do it better.  So why would I spend my days bitching about it or studying it?

I have no clue who I'll vote for, nor will it matter much.  I'm a web designer and a bass player.  Those are the things I need to study in order to maintain a competitive advantage in my marketplaces.  To study politics like I used to - when I have no desire to ever run for anything nor build any website remotely political is a waste of time for me IMO. 

So instead of "ignorance is bliss" - perhaps it is "Prioritization is bliss".  I spent 2 hours playing bass today and learned some new modes which will help me play better next weekend.  Had I spent the last 2 hours studying the war or the 2008 election or whatever, I would have nothing to show for that time.  I guess it was only recently, with 2 folks in my immediate family diagnosed with inoperatble things which will take them, that I realized life is too short to try spend all day debating things you don't even understand.  That summarizes it nicely, i think.  Hence my retirement from politics.  Watching a lot more sports and movies these days, and my BP has actually dropped a bit lol...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »
Retired from politics.

Bottom line is that both sides use fearmongering to get you to buy their product/vote.

For the last 60+ years - Far right has always said the enemy is coming, let's bomb em and get their oil.  Far left is always saying the govt is the enemy, let's give all the oil back and ride bikes.  They're both full of shit, and anyone who defends either position is stupid.  We're all on the same team here (well, most of us - Team USA), and we all want the same thing - a safe, prosperous America.  That requires us to grab oil from other countries before their neighbors do, okay.  But so many of you are BLIND to obvious things, and will argue for hours without ever conceding your side has any flaws, and it's a waste of time.

We're wasting our days arguing about this set of info, when a lot of it always turns out to be lies later.  And you neotaints can't admit Bush has lied once.  And you "libs" cannot tell us how you'd maintain our standard of life without mid east oil, which requires imperialist actions you condemn.

I like my way of life, so I can no longer criticize the wars of aggression.  Both sides' candidates are now corporate players.  There are no more idealistic leaders to "mix it up", nor SHOULD there be, as a dreamer will be crushed in the world market by a suddenly pissy RUS and a very strong CHI. 

very excellent post. 240 has reached enlightenment :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2007, 02:50:53 AM »
very excellent post. 240 has reached enlightenment :)

Strange. I thought it was 100% drivel and pretentious crap. ;D

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »
if your blood pressure goes up from talking about politics on a message board, then you seriously need to get a life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2007, 07:36:10 PM »
if your blood pressure goes up from talking about politics on a message board, then you seriously need to get a life

It used to go up when my family would gather, haha. But after reading some great philosophy I just determined it's a pre destined course, republics crumble from within, greed takes over..."bread and circuses"...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2007, 07:36:34 PM »

you seriously should suck a dick.

cheers!