Author Topic: Did anyone catch the WEC show on Versus?  (Read 3216 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Did anyone catch the WEC show on Versus?
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
I only caught the last hour or so, but damn, there were some decent fights.  Brock Larson is impressing me more everytime I see him, Faber actually looked like he was having problems for a minute there, and Mark Hominik takes another two steps back.  I think in the hour that I watched, they showed like five or six complete fights and they were all pretty entertaining.  I look foward to thier future shows.  Also, Frank Mir was decent as a commentator but he looked totally flustered during the post fight interviews, did anyone else notice that?
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Did anyone catch the WEC show on Versus?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
Mir is actually really good as a commentator.  Urijah is not ready for Norifumi (battle of the kids).  Jens will add another element to the 145s. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:06:36 PM »
Mir is actually really good as a commentator.  Urijah is not ready for Norifumi (battle of the kids).  Jens will add another element to the 145s. 

Mir always was on point and well spoken in the UFC as a commentator(the Arlovski/Sylvia fight comes to mind)and did a good job last night, but he looked a bit flustered once he did the post fight interviews, hopefully it was just nerves.  Yamamoto would smoke Urijah, and yes jens would be bad ass at that weight, he could easily make it too, didn't he box at 140?
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:24 PM »
Mir always was on point and well spoken in the UFC as a commentator(the Arlovski/Sylvia fight comes to mind)and did a good job last night, but he looked a bit flustered once he did the post fight interviews, hopefully it was just nerves.  Yamamoto would smoke Urijah, and yes jens would be bad ass at that weight, he could easily make it too, didn't he box at 140?

Jens walks around 150-152, it would be an easy cut to 145. 

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »
i watched. i like it really well. that show tapout is pretty good also.
irongearco.com

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »
I was impressed with Kit Copes new guard game.  Too bad about the ribs.  Faber would get killed by Norifumi, btw. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 04:34:56 PM »
Kit was working with Dean Lister right?  I'm curious to know if he still is because I agree he has improved alot.
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 01:11:25 AM »
Kit was working with Dean Lister right?  I'm curious to know if he still is because I agree he has improved alot.

Kinda odd seeing two of Tito's friends fighting.  I guess there was no pact....   ;D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 02:02:47 AM »
Kinda odd seeing two of Tito's friends fighting.  I guess there was no pact....   ;D

You only make the pact with guys who you know will kick your ass.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »
are you guys talking about that "tapout" show?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 12:37:51 AM »
are you guys talking about that "tapout" show?

Nah, the other night they actually showed a full live Wec fight card.  Some pretty decent fighters, Mark Hominick,Brock Larson,Uriah Faber, John Alessio, and Jake Shields just to name a few.
Predictions
 40/61

dootle

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 07:28:01 AM »
I'm actually surprised at the quality of the fights WEC is putting together..Awesome show!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »
I'm actually surprised at the quality of the fights WEC is putting together..Awesome show!

They just signed Paulo Filho if im not mistaken, I think his first fight will be against Joe Doerksen.
Predictions
 40/61

dootle

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »
They just signed Paulo Filho if im not mistaken, I think his first fight will be against Joe Doerksen.

Filho in WEC would be great..Doerksen is tough and could probably make it an interesting fight, but i don't see him winning against Filho..