Author Topic: You guys think 4-6 liter water per day is too much?  (Read 7842 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
You guys think 4-6 liter water per day is too much?
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:20:25 AM »
Discuss...

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: You guys think 4-6 liter water per day is too much?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:25:24 AM »
Depending on the size of the person. Im doing at least 2 gallons or 7 litres and on some days i would do 3 gallons or over 10 litres.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:32:14 AM »
Depending on the size of the person. Im doing at least 2 gallons or 7 litres and on some days i would do 3 gallons or over 10 litres.

Hey Luke how are you bro...

Anyways the reason I would like to discuss this is because of what daddywaddy has said and I never really looked into that department so I 'm curious...
2 much water creates an imbalance of electrolytes. you can drink tons of water but if your not getting in electrolytes and trace elements your chemistry will be fucked

Any truth to that in your opinion?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »
Why should you worry about drinking too much water.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:46:43 AM »

2 much water creates an imbalance of electrolytes. you can drink tons of water but if your not getting in electrolytes and trace elements your chemistry will be fucked

;)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:48:20 AM »
Wow i wouldn't go that far thinking about these things.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 06:49:09 AM »

;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 07:06:12 AM »
hahaha i told this idiot 6 liters of waters was too much a few weeks ago and it's been in his head ever since

Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:27 AM »
hahaha i told this idiot 6 liters of waters was too much a few weeks ago and it's been in his head ever since

Rofl you were a small dot on my radar Bluto and now you are gone...just like that ;)

Daddywaddy post sparked my interest but I continue to drink a lot of water when cutting what works for others works for me, it's your personal choosing to stay fat and unhealthy ;)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 07:12:28 AM »
Haha i don't think it's smart to listen to daddywaddy, look at his last experiment went wrong.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 07:13:44 AM »
Haha i don't think it's smart to listen to daddywaddy, look at his last experiment went wrong.
single cell organisms wouldnt listen to 'daddy' .....what a fall from grace this hillybilly huckaberry has been on .....
The Number 2 in Scranton

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »
Rofl you were a small dot on my radar Bluto and now you are gone...just like that ;)

Daddywaddy post sparked my interest but I continue to drink a lot of water when cutting what works for others works for me, it's your personal choosing to stay fat and unhealthy ;)

hahahaa, geile sig.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 07:15:46 AM »
hahahaa, geile sig.

Lol ich hab drauf gewartet das du was sagst :D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »
Lol ich hab drauf gewartet das du was sagst :D

habs gerade erst gesehen, hatt viel um die ohren letzte tage.

jetzt geht's erst mal nach paris, paar tage ausspannen...  ;D ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
habs gerade erst gesehen, hatt viel um die ohren letzte tage.

jetzt geht's erst mal nach paris, paar tage ausspannen...  ;D ;D

uhh geil, Paris hat so hübsche Frauen, Viel spass mein Freund :)

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
All i know is when im drinking alot of water, i feel better, stronger and healthier!!!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 07:54:58 AM »
All i know is when im drinking alot of water, i feel better, stronger and healthier!!!

Thanks bro :)

Bluto you heard it from Luke himself, sure you can hold your ground agains him?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 07:55:42 AM »
uhh geil, Paris hat so hübsche Frauen, Viel spass mein Freund :)

bin mit meiner Verlobten da, aber naja, mal nen Seitenblick kann man ja riskieren.  ;)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 07:56:36 AM »
water intoxication .....Hyponatremia

you would probably have to work pretty hard to do this though.....

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 08:00:43 AM »
Rule of thumb:

Drink half your body weight in ounces per day.
So, if you are 200lbs. you drink about 100 ounces of water.
If you are training, than you can drink more obviously.
Add celtic sea salt to it as well.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »
bin mit meiner Verlobten da, aber naja, mal nen Seitenblick kann man ja riskieren.  ;)

schauen ist vollkommen ok IMHO, ist auch gut fuer die Beziehung wenn mans nicht übertreibt, man muss ja den Frauen auch zeigen das man immernoch "ein Mann" ist ;) (nicht falschverstehen bitte)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 08:05:46 AM »
schauen ist vollkommen ok IMHO, ist auch gut fuer die Beziehung wenn mans nicht übertreibt, man muss ja den Frauen auch zeigen das man immernoch "ein Mann" ist ;) (nicht falschverstehen bitte)

Yo, so sieht's aus.

Ist auf jeden Fall nicht schlecht fuer eine Beziehung wenn deine Freundin merkt dass andere Frauen dich auch attraktiv finden, und dass sie sich nicht haengen lassen kann, man muss es halt nur nicht uebertreiben.  ;) ;D ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:27 AM »
4 - 6 liters of water throughout your day is fine, but be very careful to not try to drink that much in less than an hour or two, or you might suffer from what is known as water intoxication..

Physiology of water intoxication

Body fluids contain electrolytes (particularly sodium compounds, such as sodium chloride) in concentrations that must be held within very narrow limits. Water enters the body orally or intravenously and leaves the body primarily in urine, sweat, and exhaled water vapor. If water enters the body more quickly than it can be removed, body fluids are diluted and a potentially dangerous shift in electrolyte balance occurs.

Most water intoxication is caused by hyponatremia, an overdilution of sodium in the blood plasma, which in turn causes an osmotic shift of water from extracellular fluid (outside of cells) to intracellular fluid (within cells). The cells swell as a result of changes in osmotic pressure and may cease to function. When this occurs in the cells of the central nervous system and brain, water intoxication is the result. Additionally, many other cells in the body may undergo cytolysis, wherein cell membranes that are unable to stand abnormal osmotic pressures rupture, killing the cells. Initial symptoms typically include light-headedness, sometimes accompanied by nausea, vomiting, headache and/or malaise. Plasma sodium levels below 100 mmol/L (2.3g/L) frequently result in cerebral edema, seizures, coma, and death within a few hours of drinking the excess water. As with alcohol poisoning, the progression from mild to severe symptoms may occur rapidly as the water continues to enter the body from the intestines or intravenously.

A person with healthy kidneys can excrete about 900ml (0.24 gal)/hr.[2] Consuming as little as 1.8 litres of water (0.48 gal) in a single sitting may prove fatal for a person adhering to a low-sodium diet, or 3 litres (0.79 gallons) for a person on a normal diet. However, this must be modulated by potential water losses via other routes. For example, a person who is perspiring heavily may lose 1 L/hr (0.26 gal) of water through perspiration alone, thereby raising the threshold for water intoxication. The problem is further complicated by the amount of electrolytes lost in urine or sweat, which is variable within a range controlled by the body's regulatory mechanisms.

Water intoxication can be prevented by consuming water that is isotonic with water losses, but the exact concentration of electrolytes required is difficult to determine and fluctuates over time, and the greater the time period involved, the smaller the disparity that may suffice to produce electrolyte imbalance and water intoxication.

Sodium is not the only mineral that can become overdiluted from excessive water intake. Magnesium is also excreted in urine. According to the National Institutes of Health, "magnesium deficiency can cause metabolic changes that may contribute to heart attacks and strokes."[3] Intravenous magnesium is used in cardiac care units for cardiac arrhythmias.[4]

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:40:11 AM »
Yo, so sieht's aus.

Ist auf jeden Fall nicht schlecht fuer eine Beziehung wenn deine Freundin merkt dass andere Frauen dich auch attraktiv finden, und dass sie sich nicht haengen lassen kann, man muss es halt nur nicht uebertreiben.  ;) ;D ;D

AH so geil ausgedrückt das ist genau was ich gemeint hab ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
do yall have a perm hose running from your junk to the WC? :-\
carpe` vaginum!