Author Topic: Itchy Injection site???  (Read 11051 times)

4thAD

Itchy Injection site???
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »
Never been itchy at injection site before. Injected last sunday night. No redness, swelling, not warm. Just itchy about an inch below injection site. Probably just healing. Never felt anything until today after back and biceps. Gear and injection smooth as silk. Just a little itchy today, four days later.

on one

• Getbig II
Re: Itchy Injection site???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 02:58:04 PM »
yea that happened to me for the first time this week had it for a little bit in the morning today on my shoulder and i pinned monday.....my friend who is juicing too since he has started basically has said it itches everytime and his starts itching the same day

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
yeah kinda weird no redness at all except from me scratching. Upon closer look its about three inches away from injection spot and to the left. Probably oil disbursing.

on one

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 04:19:18 PM »
yea mine was just in the area not the actual pin spot

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »
Happens some times...I don't know why but it doesn't seem like a big deal.

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 03:09:04 AM »
Never been itchy at injection site before. Injected last sunday night. No redness, swelling, not warm. Just itchy about an inch below injection site. Probably just healing. Never felt anything until today after back and biceps. Gear and injection smooth as silk. Just a little itchy today, four days later.

update??

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 04:27:09 AM »
Itchy usually means fairly minor inflamation of the skin.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 05:38:16 AM »
Itchy usually means fairly minor inflamation of the skin.

Right. You just flooded a very small area of tissue with a foreign substance. You're going to get a little inflammation and some itch can be associated with that. Drop the hammer slower on the shot and you won't experience as much. If you're one of those people that slam the plunger, think of it as if you were turning on a water hose full blast in a garden. MAKES A MESS! SLOW AND EASY BABY!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »
Right. You just flooded a very small area of tissue with a foreign substance. You're going to get a little inflammation and some itch can be associated with that. Drop the hammer slower on the shot and you won't experience as much. If you're one of those people that slam the plunger, think of it as if you were turning on a water hose full blast in a garden. MAKES A MESS! SLOW AND EASY BABY!

The medical books say this is even more pronounced w/ smaller Ga. needles.  = Higher pressure inj.
I agree slow. I dont even like a nurse to shoot me. I cringe the way they hit my baby girl, stupid and crule IMO.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
The medical books say this is even more pronounced w/ smaller Ga. needles.  = Higher pressure inj.
I agree slow. I dont even like a nurse to shoot me. I cringe the way they hit my baby girl, stupid and crule IMO.

Yep. If you have to shoot with itty bittys, my advice to gauge the shot time is however long it took you to draw it is however long it should take you to inject it.

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
Sorry I couldn't update this sooner, but I was on a road trip all weekend. Injection site is fine, and this was not my first inject. I used a 23g pin so I dont it could be the so called itty bitty's, and I injected very slowly. I always take my time with injections, and never break the laws of sterility. It got itchy and a litle inflamed, but never red, or hot to touch. No fever or malaise.  The inflammation is gone and so is the itching, this inject was just kind of strange. When I first injected everything went very smooth, and the gear is smooth as silk. Three days later it started to itch then it started to get inflamed. Gone now, and everything is OK.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
Are you taking the time to alcohol swab the site and the vial?

PB

4thAD

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »
Are you taking the time to alcohol swab the site and the vial?

PB

do you really need to ask this? Of course!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 05:06:08 AM »
You'd be surprised how many people don't. Worst case, go to the docter and have it checked out before it gets worse.

PB

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 05:11:48 AM »

But how long do you wait to stab yourself after you wipe the spot with alcohol?
Maybe you stab to soon and there is still some alcohol on your skin and you take that in with your stab? That could explain the itchyness...
?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 07:58:27 AM »
Euro has a point, the nurses often fan the spot w/ their hand to dry off the alcohol.

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »
could be using the same inj site

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
Euro has a point, the nurses often fan the spot w/ their hand to dry off the alcohol.

It always happened to a buddy of mine but sins he waited for the alcohol to clear everything was fine ...no more itchy injection sites after that.. :)
?

4thAD

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »
You'd be surprised how many people don't. Worst case, go to the docter and have it checked out before it gets worse.

PB

Are you guys even reading the updated posts? It cleared up a long time ago. I think it was just an allergic reaction to the gear Im using. It was the first pin on this cycle and it cleared up like two days later. All the latest pins have gone perfect. Smooth as silk no more itchiness.

4thAD

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 02:02:40 PM »
But how long do you wait to stab yourself after you wipe the spot with alcohol?
Maybe you stab to soon and there is still some alcohol on your skin and you take that in with your stab? That could explain the itchyness...

Naahhh injection site was dry when I pinned. Thanx though bro. I think Luv called it. A little inflamation due to allergic reaction and that probably caused the itchiness. The pin was two weeks ago, and it cleared up fast and was only itchy for about 36 hours. Thanx for all the input guys I appreciate it.