Author Topic: WEIGHT SUIT (Hyper-gravity training)  (Read 6218 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
WEIGHT SUIT (Hyper-gravity training)
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »
Alright so I found weight shorts (20lbs) a weight belt (30lbs) and I have a weight vest (100lbs) for a total of 150lbs.  Which makes about 2x gravity for me.  Does anybody know where I can get a weight suit that would allow me to distribute 150lbs or more, more evenly over my body?  I can't find one anywhere.

I plan to use this stuff for hill sprints, running on the beach and stairs.  No jogging on hard surfaces as I figure that would dammage my knees.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: WEIGHT SUIT (Hyper-gravity training)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »
Alright so I found weight shorts (20lbs) a weight belt (30lbs) and I have a weight vest (100lbs) for a total of 150lbs.  Which makes about 2x gravity for me.  Does anybody know where I can get a weight suit that would allow me to distribute 150lbs or more, more evenly over my body?  I can't find one anywhere.

I plan to use this stuff for hill sprints, running on the beach and stairs.  No jogging on hard surfaces as I figure that would dammage my knees.

a great workout is the triple your bodyweight and then go swimming

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
a great workout is the triple your bodyweight and then go swimming

id love to try it...where do I get the weight suit for this type of work out?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
ball gravy.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:14 AM »
Adonis would know...

Why the fuck.... everybody was biting his tongue but you had to burst it out like a little child ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »
Adonis would know...

i don't think so....he was talking about designing his own suit, probably precisely because they are hard to come by.

This is a serious training question, not an attempt to poke fun at TA.

so does anyone know where to find such a suit?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:52:14 AM »

You can try a backpack full of weights wearing it both in the front and back.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 11:53:37 AM »
i don't think so....he was talking about designing his own suit, probably precisely because they are hard to come by.

This is a serious training question, not an attempt to poke fun at TA.

so does anyone know where to find such a suit?
You are correct, it would have to be custom made and fitted to femur length and so on.  Completely workable though and you would never have to go in a gym ever again.  You could actually get a workout by just wearing it and taking sharp curves in a car.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »
You are correct, it would have to be custom made and fitted to femur length and so on.  Completely workable though and you would never have to go in a gym ever again.  You could actually get a workout by just wearing it and taking sharp curves in a car.

should he be eating greyhound feed as well?
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
You can try a backpack full of weights wearing it both in the front and back.

I already have a 84 lbs vest but I'm going to have to acquire the weights listed atop to match the bodyweight of a 300lbs man on a bet that I cannot beat him in a mile run at his bodyweight.

I already quit gyms though, between the gymnastic rings, weighted vests and ankle/ wrist weights, and a 115 lbs barbell and dumbell set I'm completely self sufficient and get a better workout then I ever got from gyms.  It's TOO EASY, lol.

and AL as far as greyhound feed goes, I would eat it and if it tasted good.  getting caught up in what to eat is a big obstacle to eating the right amount, having a single go to food option would make things easier. 

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »

and AL as far as greyhound feed goes, I would eat it and if it tasted good.  getting caught up in what to eat is a big obstacle to eating the right amount, having a single go to food option would make things easier. 

then go for it, I'm sure it tastes great and you won't have any digestive problems.
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »
then go for it, I'm sure it tastes great and you won't have any digestive problems.

you first, let me know how it tastes.  Right now I'm on Alpo and I'm pretty used to the flavor so I'm a little bit reluctant to make the switch.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »
you first, let me know how it tastes.  Right now I'm on Alpo and I'm pretty used to the flavor so I'm a little bit reluctant to make the switch.

.................... ???...I don't have a "beef" with you so don't take this the wrong way but you're a strange dude sometimes....no offense or anything.
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 12:39:36 PM »
.................... ???...I don't have a "beef" with you so don't take this the wrong way but you're a strange dude sometimes....no offense or anything.

How so, are you one of those Purina Partisans, Well guess what just because I'm different than you doesn't make me strange.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 11:17:12 AM »
How so, are you one of those Purina Partisans, Well guess what just because I'm different than you doesn't make me strange.
LOLOL.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Ol`Roy Kibbles.  It will bloat you.  Still is better than than TrueProtein though.

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:09 AM »

Hahahahah.....you have no idea what problems you'll have from this do you?? I can tell just from reading this post you haven't a clue on what you're doing.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »
Hahahahah.....you have no idea what problems you'll have from this do you?? I can tell just from reading this post you haven't a clue on what you're doing.

I've been running uphill (treadmill), or up stairs with a 103 lb vest and two 25lbs dumbells.  When I get tired I drop one bell, then the other.

I have no joint soreness and it's not because I'm especially hardy.  Jogging on cement without any additional weighting makes my knees sore.

so please tell me "coach" what problems will I have.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »
LOLOL.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Ol`Roy Kibbles.  It will bloat you.  Still is better than than TrueProtein though.

I'd rather try dog food then DOG CRAP

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 02:32:43 PM »
I've been running uphill (treadmill), or up stairs with a 103 lb vest and two 25lbs dumbells.  When I get tired I drop one bell, then the other.

I have no joint soreness and it's not because I'm especially hardy.  Jogging on cement without any additional weighting makes my knees sore.

so please tell me "coach" what problems will I have.

If you do this anymore than once per week twice at the most, you WILL have joint problems guaranteed.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
If you do this anymore than once per week twice at the most, you WILL have joint problems guaranteed.

WRONG SIMPLETON.

By spending more time at 2Gs I will acclaimate to it.  At normal weight I WILL BE A STRIDING COLLOSSUS

all hail your MAGICAL EMPEROR.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »
kiss your knees goodbye....

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »
What is this for? To increase vertical? I suggest you to do box jumps, bb squat jumps, quick feet on short box, laterial run, weighted jump rope, squat against wall with your arms out(hold for many seconds to up to a minute) skipping with dumbells,etc

ps. True Adonis stfu

The Coach

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »
WRONG SIMPLETON.

By spending more time at 2Gs I will acclaimate to it.  At normal weight I WILL BE A STRIDING COLLOSSUS

I got a grand that says you will screwed within 2-3 months, you have no idea juniour. I even limit my athletes to two days per week of plyo's with they're own bodyweight.............. .sorry dude, your COMPLETLY clueless.

The Coach

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
WRONG SIMPLETON.

Muscles might get acclaimated, joints won't.