Author Topic: What we can learn from the Paris Hilton incident  (Read 2799 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
What we can learn from the Paris Hilton incident
« on: June 08, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
The political concept that all men are created equal is the big hope and outright lie in our world. That’s really never the case. Karl Marx tried to artificially force equal wealth but the loopholes exist for Communist leaders who are above all others without even the inconvenience of standing for elections.

Teaching children that we are all equal sets them up for a lifetime of disappointment and anger as others are smarter, slimmer, better looking and of course richer. The fact is we all were not born beautiful with generous lifetime trust funds. Some of us have to work harder than others for what we get in life. Some of us are rich enough or smart enough to figure ways of avoiding the stress connected with simply getting food to eat and our rent paid.

Paris Hilton seems to have gotten everything but except good judgment from her maker. The DUI arrest, driving while her license was suspended along with her violation of probation mess was certainly avoidable. She has the cash and lots of fair weather pals to drive her anywhere she wants to go. Now she’s in a mess. I don’t know too many people that would not like to trade their troubles and assets with Hilton. But for Hilton I suspect this is a huge and very public disaster in her life. A disaster that will ultimately bring her more money she does not really need. I suspect she could do without worldwide attention to her mistakes and term in the pokey.

One this is fore sure Paris Hilton lives in a goldfish bowl and lost whatever privacy that could have existed for her. Privacy is an important form of freedom. Paris is less equal to the rest of us in other very important ways.

Most girls Paris’ age are somewhat emotionally fragile and I now question whether the additional punishment of the spectacle is cruel and unusual. As for Paris all I can say to her, this too shall pass.

Amen to that...

Knives

• Getbig III
Re: What we can learn from the Paris Hilton incident
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »
well said

i dont see how she's necessarily better than anybody else.  shes rich and famous and whatnot, but I personally wouldnt not want to have her life.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
well said

i dont see how she's necessarily better than anybody else.  shes rich and famous and whatnot, but I personally wouldnt not want to have her life.
I disagree on one key pt. I feel it is a safe bet that most of us here are at least better , in terms of driving a car while texting on a cell phone ,than Paris. In this way we can all feel superior to the rich brat we all want to bend over and bang LOL
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »
she's getting more coverage than anything on earth right now. Not too fucking shabby for a ditsy blonde. :-*

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:06:29 PM »
What we can learn from the Paris Hilton incident?

The same thing we learned from the Martha Stewart incident...   that if you're rich, it's better to fly under the radar and not be well-known by the tabloid-reading set.  If Paris hadn't put herself out there and become the girl the proletariat loves to hate, her money could easily have bought her way out of this.  As it was, her notoriety made a quiet "slap on the wrist" a political impossibility.

Dumb bitch.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »
The Paris Hilton incident taught me the true meaning of Christmas.

I actually couldn't care less about that tramp. Little crybaby.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
If you're a reasonably successful adult, and you've earned it, you are usually a fairly tough SOB.

You've had to outperform folks, learn a skill/trade, put up with bullshit, go without during tough times, etc.

Most of us would look at Paris' stint - 23 days in solitary - and deal with it.  Would it suck?  Sure.  But you'd do the time, spend a little time doing crunches and pushups and reading, then get back out and learn from it.  Tough luck.

But Paris isn't tough - she's never had to make a choice about which thing to buy, work two jobs, struggle, work a long shift at a terrible job, etc.  Without the conditioning and toughness, she can't fathom surviving in jail.  And if you look at most folks in jail - they're built and trained for that.  She isn't.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »
If you're a reasonably successful adult, and you've earned it, you are usually a fairly tough SOB.

You've had to outperform folks, learn a skill/trade, put up with bullshit, go without during tough times, etc.

Most of us would look at Paris' stint - 23 days in solitary - and deal with it.  Would it suck?  Sure.  But you'd do the time, spend a little time doing crunches and pushups and reading, then get back out and learn from it.  Tough luck.

But Paris isn't tough - she's never had to make a choice about which thing to buy, work two jobs, struggle, work a long shift at a terrible job, etc.  Without the conditioning and toughness, she can't fathom surviving in jail.  And if you look at most folks in jail - they're built and trained for that.  She isn't.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »

Paris and her socio-economic position has enabled her to donate millions to charity and work with many charities as well. 

She also owns many business ventures.  She is hardly "not working".  Why should anyone be "built" for prison?

Nobody should have to go there.  It does nothing and accomplishes nothing.

Getting back to Paris, she has done more good than about anyone on this site through her monetary donations and time spent.  I also have never seen her as a brat.  Please show me evidence. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:27:42 PM »
  I also have never seen her as a brat.  Please show me evidence. 

check out "the simple life" reruns :)

E
E

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:08 PM »

Why should anyone be "built" for prison?

I believe the poster used prison as a metaphor for hard times.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:50 PM »
It's funny that she's crying and bitching about going away for a a couple of weeks. Apparently it never crossed her mind that she could have KILLED  somebody and get arrested and convicted for that !!!!  :o Now THAT would be a major thing..... 8)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 10:31:05 PM »
If she's donated money, that's awesome.  And I believe the punishment was silly - I know people in my town with multiple DUIs who never spend 2 weeks in jail.  She was given time because of her name.

When I said 'built' - I meant more like 'better prepared for'.  She cried for her mother today, and while I've never cared for her, I felt bad for her.  This whole ordeal was a waste of taxpayer resources and unnecessary risks, for what?  She drove with a buzz.  period.  weighing 100 pounds and admitting she had one drink.  it's nothing but a distraction.  Today we eclipsed 3500 soldiers dead, and 1500 days since "mission accomplished" was announced.  paris on the news benefitted some republicans greatly today.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »
I believe the poster used prison as a metaphor for hard times.

yeah - you see some folks, they are thick, durable mofos.  They get a 2 week bid and leave the place with ten new friends and a new business idea.  Paris had to sleep on a mat with one sheet in a loud, bright, cold jail.  She has probably slept in a VERY comfy bed most of her life, and after 3 days of weighing 100 pounds in that cold, she's a wreck.

It's a messed up situation.  both sides have good points. it is what it is.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 10:39:35 PM »
Paris and her socio-economic position has enabled her to donate millions to charity and work with many charities as well. 

She also owns many business ventures.  She is hardly "not working".  Why should anyone be "built" for prison?

Nobody should have to go there.  It does nothing and accomplishes nothing.

Getting back to Paris, she has done more good than about anyone on this site through her monetary donations and time spent.  I also have never seen her as a brat.  Please show me evidence. 
dude it was daddies millions that enabled her to do all that shit

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 10:40:02 PM »
who the fuck cares. why all these threads about her. we have soldiers dying everday, diseases are on a rise, kids are starving all over the world, and all people can talk about is Paris Hilton spending a couple of weeks in jail? B o o fucking who. She needs to woman up and face the facts that celebrities bleed the same blood we do. They shouldn't get special treatment. I have a bad feeling she is going to seriously get somebody hurt or killed in a car accident in the future. This shit pisses me off

Meltdown ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 10:41:45 PM »
What can we learn?

#1... no tits, go to jail

#2 ... Big tits, don't go to jail.
a

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »
who the fuck cares. why all these threads about her. we have soldiers dying everday, diseases are on a rise, kids are starving all over the world, and all people can talk about is Paris Hilton spending a couple of weeks in jail? B o o fucking who. She needs to woman up and face the facts

Maybe she could have had her mother take the rap by leaving her coke in the trunk of mom's car?  Or perhaps she could have called Crimestoppers and ratted on some of her friends and colleagues?  Of maybe she could have had tea and crumpets with the DEA?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »
yup dis bitch dont pay my bills i dont give two fucken shits if she in the can or not she wouldnt give two shits if i was in there

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »

Maybe she could have had her mother take the rap by leaving her coke in the trunk of mom's car?  Or perhaps she could have called Crimestoppers and ratted on some of her friends and colleagues?  Of maybe she could have had tea and crumpets with the DEA?

Who would do such a thing ???

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »
If she's donated money, that's awesome.  And I believe the punishment was silly - I know people in my town with multiple DUIs who never spend 2 weeks in jail.  She was given time because of her name.

When I said 'built' - I meant more like 'better prepared for'.  She cried for her mother today, and while I've never cared for her, I felt bad for her.  This whole ordeal was a waste of taxpayer resources and unnecessary risks, for what?  She drove with a buzz.  period.  weighing 100 pounds and admitting she had one drink.  it's nothing but a distraction.  Today we eclipsed 3500 soldiers dead, and 1500 days since "mission accomplished" was announced.  paris on the news benefitted some republicans greatly today.

You are like a broken record with this crap. The bitch was drunk driving on a suspended license from previous DUI's. I hardly think the Bush Administration was behind this. Or should US weekly be sending their style editors to the frontline to report real news  ::)

Come on 240, you're better than this.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:53:50 PM »
Who would do such a thing ???

Probably the same kind of guy who would fucck a tranny or send text messages to a figure girl requesting a golden shower.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »

Probably the same kind of guy who would fucck a tranny or send text messages to a figure girl requesting a golden shower.
shit i gotta stop drinking

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »

That guy from MD with the synthol arms? ???