Author Topic: Are you a Knock Off Nigel?  (Read 1082 times)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Are you a Knock Off Nigel?
« on: June 09, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
This is a new anti piracy TV campaign which has recently started showing in the UK.  Are you a knock off Nigel  ???

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
Re: Are you a Knock Off Nigel?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:25:47 AM »
I've just watched a 'knock off' copy of Mr Bean the movie. Wish i hadn't.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:46:04 AM »
I've just watched a 'knock off' copy of Mr Bean the movie. Wish i hadn't.

You Englanders actually like that Bean guy?
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
You Englanders actually like that Bean guy?
The early TV stuff he did was great, and can't be compared to the shite he's become. Rowan Atkinson is a comedy genious - surley you 'Americans' have heard of Blackadder?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »
The early TV stuff he did was great, and can't be compared to the shite he's become. Rowan Atkinson is a comedy genious - surley you 'Americans' have heard of Blackadder?

No, don't know Blakadder, but there is one English dude that is supposed to be funny. He was on Extras, his name is Ricky Gervais. But British humor is much different than American. You guys like Lee Evans :-\
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
No, don't know Blakadder, but there is one English dude that is supposed to be funny. He was on Extras, his name is Ricky Gervais. But British humor is much different than American. You guys like Lee Evans :-\
No we fucking don't! Lee Evans is an 'everybody loves Raymond' mainstream kind of guy. Unintersting fact: he used to be a boxer.

British people love to see people humiliated and abused. That's what we find funny. A good example of British style american comedy is Curb your enthusiasm. The first two seasons of that were awesome!

Ricky Gervais is great. He's probably the only comic that can tell racist, sexist, and homophobic jokes and get away with it.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
No we fucking don't! Lee Evans is an 'everybody loves Raymond' mainstream kind of guy. Unintersting fact: he used to be a boxer.

British people love to see people humiliated and abused. That's what we find funny. A good example of British style american comedy is Curb your enthusiasm. The first two seasons of that were awesome!

Ricky Gervais is great. He's probably the only comic that can tell racist, sexist, and homophobic jokes and get away with it.

I love Curb your Enthusiasm. Wonder when it comes back on?
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
I was so disappointed with the fourth season i didn't even bother watching the fifth.