Author Topic: Who's more of a bad-ass? DARTH VADER or DARTH MAUL?  (Read 9885 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Who's more of a bad-ass? DARTH VADER or DARTH MAUL?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
vader is simply too powerfull for maul.

he killed the emperor, he killed obi wan, he could have killed luke, he killed 567 sand people while takin a piss.

so what if maul could use 2 sabers at once, vader could choke him with the force, while eating a bigmac and watching dr phil to help him with his father/son issues.

but the the hulk would kill them both.

hulk is the strongest one there is.
175lbs by 31st July

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »
vader is simply too powerfull for maul.

he killed the emperor, he killed obi wan, he could have killed luke, he killed 567 sand people while takin a piss.

so what if maul could use 2 sabers at once, vader could choke him with the force, while eating a bigmac and watching dr phil to help him with his father/son issues.

but the the hulk would kill them both.

hulk is the strongest one there is.

Superman would destroy the Hulk.
E

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 11:56:44 PM »
You think Yoda's lightsaber fight scene was better than Darth Maul's?  ??? ??? ???

No, it actually wasn't, because it was only animation, but it was kind of cool. A little too much hopping though.  ;D

It was meant as a joke, Darth Maul's fighting scenes are the best in all SW movies.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 03:10:56 AM »
Superman would destroy the Hulk.

no he wouldn't.

hulk is the strongest one there is
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 04:59:18 AM »
Darth Maul's fighting scenes are the best in all SW movies.

Right on, brutha!

Yeah, sure, Yoda's lightsaber fight scene was pretty cool, but Darth Maul's? Forget it! Hands down, the best all-time fight in the Star Wars anthology.  8) 8) 8)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 05:48:43 AM »
no he wouldn't.

hulk is the strongest one there is
superman whooped the hulks ass in the classic DC vs. Marvel crossover from the early 90's, that was a comics fan vote to pick the winner deal and Supes opened a can of whoop ass on him.  That was back when Marvel-the company who puts out the Hulk, x-men etc-pretty much ruled the world of comics.  DC, who puts out supes, bats and more of the well known characters wasn't doing so hot so for them to even win a few of the fights was impressive.

BTW-Marvel and DC did a few crossovers in the late 70's-superman vs. spiderman and Hulk vs. Batman....Batman actually layed a whoopin on the hulk in one of the fight scenes but lost in the other one.

Hulk also made a quick appearance in the JLA vs. the Avengers which even though it got ragged by alot of people it really is a cool series if you're interested in comics...lotss of cool stuff going on but I'm a comic nerd so take that for what it's worth.
nasser=piece of shit

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 02:42:40 PM »
al i was a big comic fan when i was younger, but lost my way. i'm getting back into it now though. planet hulk, and world war hulk is the best story i've read. civil war was a bit too epic- far too many crossovers.

and the writers who made batman beat the hulk must have been smoking some good shit to believe he would beat the hulk.

i have 2 comics(on my hard drive) where superman met hulk. i'm sure both were draws.

i cannot get into dc now, they seem really confusing with infinite crisis and the like.

the sentry is marvels answer to superman, so we shall see who wins the battle between him and the hulk since he's the only one who has a serious chance to stop him.

hulk is the strongest one there is. ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 05:53:59 PM »
Wow. This thread took a detour.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 02:24:55 AM »
....Batman actually layed a whoopin on the hulk in one of the fight scenes but lost in the other one.

the Dark Knight Returns and the Dark Knight Strikes again!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 05:59:14 AM »
al i was a big comic fan when i was younger, but lost my way. i'm getting back into it now though. planet hulk, and world war hulk is the best story i've read. civil war was a bit too epic- far too many crossovers.

and the writers who made batman beat the hulk must have been smoking some good shit to believe he would beat the hulk.

i have 2 comics(on my hard drive) where superman met hulk. i'm sure both were draws.

i cannot get into dc now, they seem really confusing with infinite crisis and the like.

the sentry is marvels answer to superman, so we shall see who wins the battle between him and the hulk since he's the only one who has a serious chance to stop him.

hulk is the strongest one there is. ;D

man, I can't get into to much cause I'm swamped but they're making hulk waaaay to powerful in WWH.

Marvels real Superman wannabe is Hyperion from the old Squadron Supreme, him and the Squadron in general were actually meant to be "DC rip offs", DC did it to with the "Champions of Angor", it was kinda meant to be a joke but Marvel took it and ran with it and dc didn't BUT DC did introduce a team of bad guys in the early 90's called The Extrimists which were Marvel villian rip offs......but that might be too geeky for anyone else on this site to know about.
nasser=piece of shit

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 06:05:17 AM »
man, I can't get into to much cause I'm swamped but they're making hulk waaaay to powerful in WWH.

Marvels real Superman wannabe is Hyperion from the old Squadron Supreme, him and the Squadron in general were actually meant to be "DC rip offs", DC did it to with the "Champions of Angor", it was kinda meant to be a joke but Marvel took it and ran with it and dc didn't BUT DC did introduce a team of bad guys in the early 90's called The Extrimists which were Marvel villian rip offs......but that might be too geeky for anyone else on this site to know about.
i agree hyperion is the real superman copy, but he's not in the standard marvel universe is he? the sentry is the closest they have at present. world war hulk they said the sentry is the most powerful hero in the marvel universe, and is the only one who can possibly beat the hulk.

but as i said the hulk is the strongest one there is.

he is only too powerful just now because he's angrier than he's ever been.
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
Yeah. So...ummmmm...about Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
Yeah. So...ummmmm...about Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

sorry, it's vader....but my overwhelming desire to be a comic book nerd must surface at all times!!!  So...
i agree hyperion is the real superman copy, but he's not in the standard marvel universe is he? the sentry is the closest they have at present. world war hulk they said the sentry is the most powerful hero in the marvel universe, and is the only one who can possibly beat the hulk.

but as i said the hulk is the strongest one there is.

he is only too powerful just now because he's angrier than he's ever been.

there was a hyperion on the general marvel universe, if you know of a character named the grandmaster....along time ago he found the heroic version of the squadron and used his powers to grant people in the regular marvel universe the same powers/identities and they were around as the squadron sinister...in fact a few months ago in Thunderbolts they reintroduced the squadron sinister...anyway the evil version of Nighthawk-marvels Batman-actually switched sides and became a hero for awhile.  The evil hyperion somehow went over to the Squadron's earth and replaced thier Hyperion....anyway the heroic hyperion actually killed the evil one from our earth and....

anyways there was a new version of hyperion introduced into the mainstream marvel universe awhile ago but I don't know what ever happened to him.

The sentry is just a gimmick character, he was introduced as a gimmick in wizard magazine.....I don't find him intreseting at all.
nasser=piece of shit

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »
sorry, it's vader....but my overwhelming desire to be a comic book nerd must surface at all times!!!  So...

The sentry is just a gimmick character, he was introduced as a gimmick in wizard magazine.....I don't find him intreseting at all.

i agree entirely with the above 8)
175lbs by 31st July

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »
Vader > Maul

Vader's use of power was far superior than Maul even w/o the full use (like electricity)

Since both of Vader's hands were gone (from the battles of Dukoo & Obi-Wan) Vader could not have the ability of ever reaching his full potential. 

Yoda could have kicked all of their asses except Anakin....(if he had remained a Jedi Knight.)  The only thing that would have kept Yoda "ahead" of Anakin was his experience as a Jedi Knight.

Now...if Vader had retained both (or one hand)....he most likely would have killed the Emperor off early.  It was explained (not in the movie but on-line) that the hands were required to outsource the power of electricity of the dark side.  It was one of the reasons why Vader tried to reason with Luke to join him.  He needed Luke's strength & youth.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
Very good, knny187!

The Emperor knew that with Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader burned with the lose of his limbs, he no longer possessed the "full Force" he once did. Hence, The Emperor's obsession to get Luke Skywalker to join the Dark Side to secretly rid of Vader. And Vader to secretly join Luke to rid of The Emperor. Boy, what a big mess.  :D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
Very good, knny187!

The Emperor knew that with Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader burned with the lose of his limbs, he no longer possessed the "full Force" he once did. Hence, The Emperor's obsession to get Luke Skywalker to join the Dark Side to secretly rid of Vader. And Vader to secretly join Luke to rid of The Emperor. Boy, what a big mess.  :D

Well..yeah....except the Emperor didn't know Luke existed until the destruction of the first Death Star.

The Emperor was (Oh Shit!) when he found Vader defeated by Obi-Wan with the lose of hands...especially since there was (supposedly) no Jedi's left except Obi-Wan in known existence. 

This put the Emperor in a tough bind & he had to make sure Vader lived.  A sith on his own can be extremely vulnerable & the Emperor was not a Soldier....he was a master.  This was proved with his battle with Mace Windu.  The Emperor was also severly in a weakend state & if Obi-Wan had killed Vader...could have easily killed the Emperor.

Vader knew (as the Emperor) that Luke Skywalker was the "key" to life.  If Vader & Luke joined forces...Emperor would have been dead.  If Luke joined the Emperor, Vader would have been discarded.  The Emperor especially wanted Luke because of his force capabilities (being Anakin's offspring), he would also have the ability of the full side of the dark force because he still had one hand left, then you factor Luke's age (he was young)..he could have served the Emperor for a long time.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 04:35:33 AM »
Well..yeah....except the Emperor didn't know Luke existed until the destruction of the first Death Star.

The Emperor was (Oh Shit!) when he found Vader defeated by Obi-Wan with the lose of hands...especially since there was (supposedly) no Jedi's left except Obi-Wan in known existence. 

This put the Emperor in a tough bind & he had to make sure Vader lived.  A sith on his own can be extremely vulnerable & the Emperor was not a Soldier....he was a master.  This was proved with his battle with Mace Windu.  The Emperor was also severly in a weakend state & if Obi-Wan had killed Vader...could have easily killed the Emperor.

Vader knew (as the Emperor) that Luke Skywalker was the "key" to life.  If Vader & Luke joined forces...Emperor would have been dead.  If Luke joined the Emperor, Vader would have been discarded.  The Emperor especially wanted Luke because of his force capabilities (being Anakin's offspring), he would also have the ability of the full side of the dark force because he still had one hand left, then you factor Luke's age (he was young)..he could have served the Emperor for a long time.

knny187, I'm impressed. Well said.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 05:57:03 AM »
Very good, knny187!

thats kind of like the milos/chick/silvio/ray saga

silvio is luke, but who is the rest?????
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »
thats kind of like the milos/chick/silvio/ray saga

silvio is luke, but who is the rest?????

How dare you compare those knuckleheads to the Star Wars saga!  >:(

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »
knny187, I'm impressed. Well said.  ;D

Mind you...I have just a very 'general' understanding of this movie.

there's people out there that really believes this happened which live & dress like a jedi.  ::)

I read the story line & alot of the back story.  It was like LOTR.  Unless you read the back story....you watch the movie & go WTF?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »
there's people out there that really believes this happened which live & dress like a jedi.  ::)

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan! I've watched the movies a million times. I was there for the midnight premiere of the prequels and re-release. But I'll be damned if I dress up like a fuckin' Star Wars character like those "die-hard, this really happened" idiots.  ::)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
milos is obi kinobi, shawn is vader. weider is the emporer ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
milos is obi kinobi, shawn is vader. weider is the emporer ;D

And Charles Glass is already dubbed "The Yoda of Bodybuilding".  :D

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »
Extremely ' cool to know ' stuff from Star Wars.

I must still point out the origin of Anakin/Vader. Pure force. How can anyone say that he doesn't have full use of it, because of his limbs, if he is the manifestation of force itself?

Or is there a plot line " I've fucked your slave mother " somewhere, that is not included in the movies?

About the Dc/Marvel discussion. What about that guy who can turn into anything he thinks of, now held in Arkanham Asylum? Or is he just a character in Dark Knight strikes again series? What about the Green Lantern in that series, pretty powerful?

Wasn't the Martian Manhunter as strong as Superman?

What if ( Neil Gaimans ) Sandman would send the Hulk a dream so nice that he wouldn't be angry ever again?