Author Topic: Chic - "It's not how much you bench it's how much you look like you can bench"  (Read 2434 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
yup thats what chic says

so i made this poll to find out if you getbiggers agree with him or if you think he's just a weakling

http://snappoll.com/poll/199341.php
Z

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
I put my vote up.

I like to be big and strong.
c

bigmc

• Getbig V
I put my vote up.

I like to be big and strong.

you got that million dollars off kiwiol yet

he is the richest midget in nz
T

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
50/50 votes so far

10 votes total
Z

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
you got that million dollars off kiwiol yet

he is the richest midget in nz
No he is reneging on our deal.

That's ok from what I'm reading he is known to have diaria of the mouth often.
c

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Bodybuilding is different than powerlifting. It is that simple.  You don't need to lift a ton of pounds to bodybuilding. With powerlifting and strongmen, it is different.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Bodybuilding is different than powerlifting. It is that simple.  You don't need to lift a ton of pounds to bodybuilding. With powerlifting and strongmen, it is different.

yes but at the end of the day, a lot of people want strength to go along with size... what if you had a huge chest and only could bench 100 pounds...

Z

knny187

• Getbig V

Ron Coleman wouldn't agree with you

Vote for Goatboy's Cat
Getbig's Cat of the Month!

Visit Getbig's PetBoard today

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
yes but at the end of the day, a lot of people want strength to go along with size... what if you had a huge chest and only could bench 100 pounds...

I'd be fine with that.

Well not really but given the choice between being either big OR strong (but not both) I'll take big.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I'd be fine with that.

Well not really but given the choice between being either big OR strong (but not both) I'll take big.

really

i dont know man it is a tough question
Z

Andrew Smith

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
There is a direct relationship between strength and muscle mass.  His statement isnt backed by science.  Period.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
There is a direct relationship between strength and muscle mass.  His statement isnt backed by science.  Period.

How the fuck do you get gimmicks up so fast?

Steve387

• Getbig II

There is, but also genetics is just the next variable. If you can deadlift 1000lb you don't automatically become the most muscular person on the planet, individually speaking stronger = bigger, i can't fathom how you could add 2-3 inches to your arm without consistent strength gains, and i mean 2-3 inches of muscular mass, not fat. I also think a lot has to do with individual factors such as hormone levels and other growth factors such as myostatin. Johnnie Jackson doens't look like he can deadlift 804lb but ronnie coleman does, or at least he did in the 1999-2000 period.Neither does franco columbu look like he can deadlift 740lb i think it was, but apparently he could. Go figure! And Paul dilletts absolutely brutal 35-40lb dumbbell curls and machine side laterals! since andy bolton deadlifted 1000lb Paul Dillett should be capable of lifting 1500lb since he is so much bigger? haha! no way.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
I agree with Bob.  Take it from me of all people.  At my peak I had a huge bench and no chest (relatively).  Now I'm training for muscle only.  Plus your muscle isn't going to mean very much if you run into somebody who knows how to fight or somebody with a knife.  But if you look strong (by having muscle) less people will fuck with you to begin with.  It's all about utility.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
I agree with Bob.  Take it from me of all people.  At my peak I a huge bench and no chest (relatively).  Now I'm training for muscle only.  Plus your muscle isn't going to mean very much if you run into somebody who knows how to fight or somebody with a knife.  But if you look strong (by having muscle) less people will fuck with you to begin with.  It's all about utility.

UZI

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
There is, but also genetics is just the next variable. If you can deadlift 1000lb you don't automatically become the most muscular person on the planet, individually speaking stronger = bigger, i can't fathom how you could add 2-3 inches to your arm without consistent strength gains, and i mean 2-3 inches of muscular mass, not fat. I also think a lot has to do with individual factors such as hormone levels and other growth factors such as myostatin. Johnnie Jackson doens't look like he can deadlift 804lb but ronnie coleman does, or at least he did in the 1999-2000 period.Neither does franco columbu look like he can deadlift 740lb i think it was, but apparently he could. Go figure! And Paul dilletts absolutely brutal 35-40lb dumbbell curls and machine side laterals! since andy bolton deadlifted 1000lb Paul Dillett should be capable of lifting 1500lb since he is so much bigger? haha! no way.

Johnnie Jackson's upper body definitely looks capable of pulling 800, i'm not sure he's ever done it because every video i've ever seen he does 500-600 but his traps, back and other upper body muscles are 12 inches thick.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
These days, almost no one really challenges me. But I do run into bitter women sometimes who seem to think I'm an extreme egoist without even speaking to me.  :-X

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Johnnie Jackson's upper body definitely looks capable of pulling 800, i'm not sure he's ever done it because every video i've ever seen he does 500-600 but his traps, back and other upper body muscles are 12 inches thick.

I've seen some big guys that were pretty weak. I think some people just have very strong muscles, regardless of mass.. Like I arm wrestled one short stocky mexican with tits and he nearly beat me.. My right elbow was fucked for like two weaks. This mexican was stocky and probably like 170 lbs but he was fucking strong.

This black guy at my gym is like 220 but struggles to rep 225, yet he looks like he's very powerful.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
These days, almost no one really challenges me. But I do run into bitter women sometimes who seem to think I'm an extreme egoist without even speaking to me.  :-X

I kind of get a little of that too, but it goes away as soon as the girl gets to know me.  I've had so many people falsely assume that I'm tough because I have a little muscle that I'm now playing the card.  Let people have their misconceptions.  If it means they won't fuck with me, I'm fine with that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
I kind of get a little of that too, but it goes away as soon as the girl gets to know me.  I've had so many people falsely assume that I'm tough because I have a little muscle that I'm now playing the card.  Let people have their misconceptions.  If it means they won't fuck with me, I'm fine with that.

That's the price you pay for being a nice guy. The women making assumptions are usually shallow and a little dumb. Smarter women seem to appreciate a good build coupled with good manners.  :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?

you're a beast, im sure they cross the street when they see you!
Z

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
that flat bench is an overrated exercise