Author Topic: Wow! I am really surprised at your reactions about Lee's statements on PBW!  (Read 8315 times)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
First, when I heard that Lee was asking back in I thought, no way, he can't be serious after changing his mind back and forth or (joking as he puts it) then I heard he was asking for a special invite at the O.  Now I'm speechless!  So after ALL the trash talking, the threats of lawsuits, the mud slinging at the IFBB and its officials, the promoters of the Olympia, etc, etc, now he wants everything to be forgiven and compete again FOR THE FANS!!!!
How about the fans (a family) that came in all the way from Australia two years ago just to see him compete and he just said "Sorry!  I had to do what I had to do.  Is that cool to his fans?  Come on!  I think it's very convenient for him to say that.  I'm sure that to a degree, he does want to do it for the fan but really, he's doing it for Lee Priest, he's realizing now that the PDI was a dead end street and that, it ended up costing him two very lucrative contracts. 

Hey Dave, I have to chip in and say that Lee is all for the fans. I have had him to Australia for 2 pro shows and some guest posing tours. At my Gold Coast Pro Show in 06, Lee was not well. He probably could have easily not competed. He could have easily obtained a medical certificate and not gone onstage. He did compete however and it was not for me, or him. It was for the fans and family that had travelled to see him. He got second and instead of complaining, he went out and hung with the fans longer than anyone else.

The fans love Lee, he is freaky, brutally honest and easily approachable. He comes on here (getbig) more than any other pro, takes plenty of abuse, comments and opinions, on the chin. People bag him about his tattoos, ex girlfriends, family and height, yet he still makes himself available to the fans. This is not someone who turns his back on his fans, ever.

As a promoter, I would welcome Lee in my contest any year he chooses. I also know that if he gives me his word, I can go to print. I have never had Lee sign a contract, no need. His word is good enough for me.

For all the haters, here is a shot I took of Lee at 17 years of age. He won the open under 70kg Australia. Lee could have done the Teenage, Junior or novice. Instead he jumped into the open and won. You cannot get genetics from a bottle.

Tony Doherty.

Stavios

Dave why do you hate Lee so much ?
is it for personal reasons ?

he is pretyt cool with us at getbig, that's why he gets our support

you also have to admit that the IFBB fuck royaly the competitors up years after years while puttin a lot of money in their pocket and not giving them JACK SHIT

LEE FOR THE O !

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
it's all a game, max.  you can't take this board too seriously.  same people who fight and argue this week are in business next week.  it's all an amusing way to pass the time as we wait for the IFBB to triple prize money and for Sergio Olivia to come out of retirement and crush your boy Cutless in the upcoming O.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Tony, I appreciate you weighting in on this, It's nice to have someone's perspective such as yourself (a respected promotor that I only heard good things of).
I guess I'll take your word and believe that Lee really loves and respects his fans and that's a great thing.  He did say to that family who travelled all the way from Australia that he was sorry for not competing at the last minute at the O two years ago but that he had to do what he had to do and that was that.  I remember because I read it on the boards myself.  Aside from that, I believe what you are saying.

This is what I believe, i believe that Lee went to PDI simply to piss off the IFBB and to show them that he could do whatever he pleases.  It was an act of defiance and it worked.  He keeps calling people such as myself, Bob, Shawn, Isaac company men, bagged on Robin Chang publicly in print even in the mags when Robin never did a thing to him, he's actually one of the nicest guy I know, always willing to help others.  This kind of behavior really annoys me and I guess sometimes I make remarks about him. 
Like I said before I always thought he was a top athlete and I admired that side of him but that's the other stuff that I have a hard time digesting.  I've been an acquaintance of Lee's for close to 10 years now and I've never been close enough to call him a friend but many friends of mine were and everytime I would hear these stories about something funky happenning with the relationship with him, times after times, etc..  with differrent people, always problems after problems, not at first, but after a while.  Lee always says or write to me that I don't know him personally, he's right, after hearing all that stuff, i don't want to know him, I'd rather stay away, it's like the kid in school that always get into fights with different people but when you ask him, it's never his fault.  You see what I mean?

If you ask me, Lee wants to come back because of financial reasons, the fact that he's moving back to Australia is pretty telling.  I think that's why he want back in the IFBB, there's no future and no money in the PDI, he lost a fortune by losing two of his major sponsors and that sucks.  I feel bad about that as I hate for people to suffer but when he announce he was gonna go PDI, many people told him it was gonna happen but he did it anyway so it's hard to feel sorry now.

In closing, I want to say that I do not hate Lee, I've always been courteous to him when he came by the store and comp him many things as he's a Pro and I take care of these guys, that's my policy and my way of saying thanks for stopping by the shop.  I guess he's one of these people that you meet in life and don't get along too great with.  I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about Lee, h has a lot fan and he deserves them as he's a great athlete.  I guess the problem is that I know too much about him.  Sometimes it's not a good thing, ignorance is bliss as they say.

Max.
Check often for updates @

Alex23

Baha, FYI, I'm in Australia.. and have been since the age of 10.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though..  :)

Oh then I partly regret what I've said in the past couple of weeks.  ;D

Was in Sydney a couple of weeks back. Quite a nice contiental Island you guys have down there. Haven't had so many people smiling at me nice since I was a toddler.

Also love those black chicks with staight blond hair. I found a tall one with plumpy breast to show me around a little.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!

SHAWN RAY COMPETED AS A NATURAL  -  NO DRUGS AT ALL!

hahahaha what a joke

Come on!  That's silly! 

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Tony, I appreciate you weighting in on this, It's nice to have someone's perspective such as yourself (a respected promotor that I only heard good things of).
I guess I'll take your word and believe that Lee really loves and respects his fans and that's a great thing.  He did say to that family who travelled all the way from Australia that he was sorry for not competing at the last minute at the O two years ago but that he had to do what he had to do and that was that.  I remember because I read it on the boards myself.  Aside from that, I believe what you are saying.

This is what I believe, i believe that Lee went to PDI simply to piss off the IFBB and to show them that he could do whatever he pleases.  It was an act of defiance and it worked.  He keeps calling people such as myself, Bob, Shawn, Isaac company men, bagged on Robin Chang publicly in print even in the mags when Robin never did a thing to him, he's actually one of the nicest guy I know, always willing to help others.  This kind of behavior really annoys me and I guess sometimes I make remarks about him. 
Like I said before I always thought he was a top athlete and I admired that side of him but that's the other stuff that I have a hard time digesting.  I've been an acquaintance of Lee's for close to 10 years now and I've never been close enough to call him a friend but many friends of mine were and everytime I would hear these stories about something funky happenning with the relationship with him, times after times, etc..  with differrent people, always problems after problems, not at first, but after a while.  Lee always says or write to me that I don't know him personally, he's right, after hearing all that stuff, i don't want to know him, I'd rather stay away, it's like the kid in school that always get into fights with different people but when you ask him, it's never his fault.  You see what I mean?

If you ask me, Lee wants to come back because of financial reasons, the fact that he's moving back to Australia is pretty telling.  I think that's why he want back in the IFBB, there's no future and no money in the PDI, he lost a fortune by losing two of his major sponsors and that sucks.  I feel bad about that as I hate for people to suffer but when he announce he was gonna go PDI, many people told him it was gonna happen but he did it anyway so it's hard to feel sorry now.

In closing, I want to say that I do not hate Lee, I've always been courteous to him when he came by the store and comp him many things as he's a Pro and I take care of these guys, that's my policy and my way of saying thanks for stopping by the shop.  I guess he's one of these people that you meet in life and don't get along too great with.  I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about Lee, h has a lot fan and he deserves them as he's a great athlete.  I guess the problem is that I know too much about him.  Sometimes it's not a good thing, ignorance is bliss as they say.

Max.

An honest post.  

Written from the heart!

You have articulated clearly,  what a lot of people think of Lee right now!

He is erratic and contradictory in most things he does these days!

i have not known Lee to be more wayward or whimisical than he is now!  

The guy is obviously hurting, but does not have the balls to express his true feelings....Lee always has to play the tough guy!

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Then if you go that route, you have to ban everybody in the Pros.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice

An honest post.  

Written from the heart!

You have articulated clearly,  what a lot of people think of Lee right now!

He is erratic and contradictory in most things he does these days!

i have not known Lee to be more wayward or whimisical than he is now!  

The guy is obviously hurting, but does not have the balls to express his true feelings....Lee always has to play the tough guy!

Thanks Hank, would you believe that I could not speak english 12 years ago?  LOL!!!

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Thanks Hank, would you believe that I could not speak english 12 years ago?  LOL!!!

whats your native language?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

You obviously care about the sport!

And yes, you express yourself really well and make some valid points about Lee!

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
If the rules meant anything at all than that would be the case.

But in reality the "rules" are just ways for the ifbb to selectively punish people they don't like

Why would they do that?  You talk like the IFBB is 1 person.  Obviously some rules are more important then others.  It's not like that only in the IFBB but life in general.

Hank, txs.

D.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Alright, this conversation is going nowhere.  If the PDI was so great and so lucrative why would Lee try to comeback then?  Everyone would go there.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
If you ask me, Lee wants to come back because of financial reasons, the fact that he's moving back to Australia is pretty telling.  I think that's why he want back in the IFBB, there's no future and no money in the PDI, he lost a fortune by losing two of his major sponsors and that sucks.  I feel bad about that as I hate for people to suffer but when he announce he was gonna go PDI, many people told him it was gonna happen but he did it anyway so it's hard to feel sorry now

NO DAVE YOU ARE WRONG.....I STILL MAKE OVER 160,000 A YEAR MONEY NOT THE REASON.....MY GRANDMOTHER IS VERY ILL I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VERY CLOSE TO MY GRANDPARENTS AS TONY I AM SURE COULD TELL YOU. THEY HELPED RAISE ME AND WHERE ALWAYS MY BIGGEST SUPPORTERS.....THEY SOLD THIER HOUSE OF 60 YEARS TO MOVE INTO MY MUMS HOUSE SO SHE COULD HELP TAKE CARE OF HER AS THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN PUTTING HER IN A OLD PERSON HOME.....SO MY REASON FOR GOING HOME IS FAMILY.....NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MONEY.....SOMETIMES THERE ARE BIGGER AND GREATER THINGS IN LIFE THEN MONEY AND COMPETING.......

HOPE THIS HELPS YOUR THEORY...

LEE

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Hey Dave, I have to chip in and say that Lee is all for the fans. I have had him to Australia for 2 pro shows and some guest posing tours. At my Gold Coast Pro Show in 06, Lee was not well. He probably could have easily not competed. He could have easily obtained a medical certificate and not gone onstage. He did compete however and it was not for me, or him. It was for the fans and family that had travelled to see him. He got second and instead of complaining, he went out and hung with the fans longer than anyone else.

The fans love Lee, he is freaky, brutally honest and easily approachable. He comes on here (getbig) more than any other pro, takes plenty of abuse, comments and opinions, on the chin. People bag him about his tattoos, ex girlfriends, family and height, yet he still makes himself available to the fans. This is not someone who turns his back on his fans, ever.

As a promoter, I would welcome Lee in my contest any year he chooses. I also know that if he gives me his word, I can go to print. I have never had Lee sign a contract, no need. His word is good enough for me.

For all the haters, here is a shot I took of Lee at 17 years of age. He won the open under 70kg Australia. Lee could have done the Teenage, Junior or novice. Instead he jumped into the open and won. You cannot get genetics from a bottle.

Tony Doherty.

HEY TONY CATHY JUST SENT ME THE VIDEO OF WHEN I COMPETED IN YOUR SHOW IN MELBOURNE WHEN I WAS 20...IT WAS FUN TO WATCH AGAIN...I AM GOING TO PUT ALL MY YOUNGER STUFF ON DVD HERE FOR OTHERS TO SEE....TAKE CARE
LEE

thisiskeith12

NO DAVE YOU ARE WRONG.....I STILL MAKE OVER 160,000 A YEAR MONEY NOT THE REASON.....MY GRANDMOTHER IS VERY ILL I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VERY CLOSE TO MY GRANDPARENTS AS TONY I AM SURE COULD TELL YOU. THEY HELPED RAISE ME AND WHERE ALWAYS MY BIGGEST SUPPORTERS.....THEY SOLD THIER HOUSE OF 60 YEARS TO MOVE INTO MY MUMS HOUSE SO SHE COULD HELP TAKE CARE OF HER AS THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN PUTTING HER IN A OLD PERSON HOME.....SO MY REASON FOR GOING HOME IS FAMILY.....NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MONEY.....SOMETIMES THERE ARE BIGGER AND GREATER THINGS IN LIFE THEN MONEY AND COMPETING.......

HOPE THIS HELPS YOUR THEORY...

LEE

Karma alert!

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Lee, I wish you nothing but good luck, I do hope you get back on the Olympia stage one day since it's where someone of your talent belongs.  If you are moving back to Australia to take care of family, that's very admirable.  I actually wish you had never left the IFBB as I think things are more interesting when you are competing and that's no lie.  I hope you do go back and never look back.
Best of luck.
D.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
it worries me that you think that someone trying to legitimately earn a living is a bigger problem than the illicit use of controlled substances.

I never said that.  But you are harping on an issue where everybody in the sport is guilty of, it's an unfortunate part of this sport and many other sports and discipline as I'm sure you are aware of (or aren't you?)  Not everybody in the sport want to compete in other federations to have their cake and eat it too.  Do you understand the difference?
Max.

Oh btw, yes I am an IFBB fanboy, what's wrong with that?  I actually see that as a compliment.
txs.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
This is why I never got tatoo's.  How do you think he feels about that lob of ink he used to destroy his face!  If his mind can be changed easily, what about that tatoo.  I have to feel bad for him.
Most are all show no go!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
This is why I never got tatoo's.  How do you think he feels about that lob of ink he used to destroy his face!  If his mind can be changed easily, what about that tatoo.  I have to feel bad for him.

WRONG I LOVE ALL MY TATTS DONT REGRET ANY........MAYBE YOU JUST REGRET BEING BORN...SO BE MAD AT YOUR PARENTS NOT ME OR THE REST OF THE WORLD :)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
most of the merchandise in your stores is made by slaves in communist china prisons, you have a serial pattern of sucking up to abusers.  you need help. :)

knny187

• Getbig V
WRONG I LOVE ALL MY TATTS DONT REGRET ANY........MAYBE YOU JUST REGRET BEING BORN...SO BE MAD AT YOUR PARENTS NOT ME OR THE REST OF THE WORLD :)

Why did you change the one on your shoulder?

Come & Check out Getbig's Pet Board
News, Nutrition/Healthcare, & Gossip
A place to talk about pets & animals

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=59.0

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Really?  Say that to Jay, Ron, Dex, Phil Heath or even Lee before he switched, he was making great money with Twinlab and MD.
really,your dumbass can only name 5 guys who make money.try again jerk-off ;)

the ifbb is gayer than a clown being blown in the backseat of a ford festiva by bobby trendy

bench

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
really,your dumbass can only name 5 guys who make money.try again jerk-off ;)

the ifbb is gayer than a clown being blown in the backseat of a ford festiva by bobby trendy

bench

No, I'm sure that there's a lot more than the ones I mentionned that are making money in bodybuilding, but I can't tell you with certitude how well they are doing, so instead of talking about something that I don't know anything about, I stay quiet, maybe you should try it sometimes...
thanks for the insults my friend... 
Very mature.
Max. :D