Author Topic: Wow! I am really surprised at your reactions about Lee's statements on PBW!  (Read 8329 times)

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
I was driving back from L.A. when my buddy called me to let me know what Lee was saying on PBW tonight.  First when I found out he was going on, I thought he was gonna have it out with Bob again, I was so not ready for what he had to say and did not see that coming.

First, when I heard that Lee was asking back in I thought, no way, he can't be serious after changing his mind back and forth or (joking as he puts it) then I heard he was asking for a special invite at the O.  Now I'm speechless!  So after ALL the trash talking, the threats of lawsuits, the mud slinging at the IFBB and its officials, the promoters of the Olympia, etc, etc, now he wants everything to be forgiven and compete again FOR THE FANS!!!!
How about the fans (a family) that came in all the way from Australia two years ago just to see him compete and he just said "Sorry!  I had to do what I had to do.  Is that cool to his fans?  Come on!  I think it's very convenient for him to say that.  I'm sure that to a degree, he does want to do it for the fan but really, he's doing it for Lee Priest, he's realizing now that the PDI was a dead end street and that, it ended up costing him two very lucrative contracts. 

Bob told him this would happen and advised against it but Lee had to be Lee and did what he wanted to do.  Everyone saw that coming and now, it's here...  Everyone is responsible for their own decisions and have to live with the consequences.  I hope Lee competes again in the IFBB because that's where he belongs with the best of the best and before you say that I hate him, I say no, I've always been a big fan of his physique, I don't like what he did to many of my friends but I'm not gonna get into that, it's not the point.  He should be let back in th IFBB, after his suspension is over and he should go back at the Olympia after qualifying again (which I know he can do).

What I'm really surprised more than anything is, I have read many of you guys's post here on Getbig saying, you go Lee, you give the IFBB HELL, sue them, tell it like it is Lee, keep it real Lee, etc, etc...
I was so sure after the radio show that you were all going to feel let down and say, what happen to all the stuff you said before?  We were all behind you!  But no, none of that!  You are just like, please let Lee back in, he rocks!  He's the best!

Can someone explain that to me?  I'm sure most of you will take shots as you always do but I'm hoping that some of you will answer my question seriously.

Txs.
max.

Check often for updates @

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
The IFBB sucks ass in trying to control the lives of guys it doesn't even employ.  "I won't hire you and give you a regular paycheck, but you have to do what I say 24/7/365."   Hell, even real jobs that pay real money don't have as much control over the lives of their employees as the IFBB does over these modern-day slaves.  It's not right, and unless the IFBB wants to start putting these guys on staff and paying then a salary, they shouldn't have fucck-all to say about what they do outside of IFBB events.  In that Lee was 100% right.

However, if Lee wants to compete in the Olympia before he retires, why not support him?  Doesn't change how bad the IFBB sucks.
Ron: "I am lazy."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
MADMAX, do you have a personal interest in Lee's involvement with the IFBB?

Maybe a friendship with an ex of his that sours your opinion?

Just curious
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
You're surprised that the majority of people on Getbig seem a little fickle?  ???

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice

However, if Lee wants to compete in the Olympia before he retires, why not support him?  Doesn't change how bad the IFBB sucks.

Ok then, that's your opinion about the IFBB, you can feel that way if you want.
As far as supporting Lee, I guess he's lucky to have such supportive fans and again, I always thought he belonged ith the best of the best, that's why it was stupid to leave if the 1st place, it was career suicide.  I  wish he could go back in time and get his contracts back and still make boatloads of money.  I actually felt bad when I heard him talk on the radio, I never like seeing people suffer but hey!  You make mistakes, you pay for them.  We'll see Lee on the O stage again, in 2008 I think.
Txs for the mature response though.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
What I'm really surprised more than anything is, I have read many of you guys's post here on Getbig saying, you go Lee, you give the IFBB HELL, sue them, tell it like it is Lee, keep it real Lee, etc, etc...
I was so sure after the radio show that you were all going to feel let down and say, what happen to all the stuff you said before?  We were all behind you!  But no, none of that!  You are just like, please let Lee back in, he rocks!  He's the best!

If you read my posts you saw that I thought it was ridiculous after all the shit he talked and how he has said he will NEVER come back to the IFBB. Of course, I'm not surprised in the least that he wants to come back. The PDI is a joke.

Then again this may be another joke on Lee's part.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
The thing is that Lee has repeatedly said how much the IFBB sucks ass. Does he thinks it's a good place now all of a sudden? Why does he want back in this crappy org? Oh, I guess it's all for the fans LOL

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
MADMAX, do you have a personal interest in Lee's involvement with the IFBB?

Maybe a friendship with an ex of his that sours your opinion?

Just curious

It's a fair question.  No, no ex but a lot of close friends that came in contact with him.
But aside from that I would still be feeling the same way about the way about the whole PDI/IFBB issue.  
I'm the kind of guy that believe that you should not forget where you came from and how you got to the top, who helped you to get there.  In Lee's case it's the IFBB.  Not the PDI.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Some of you guys act like Lee is going to compete forever. Sooner or later it is time to call it a day. Lee has a lot of fans cause he is real or at least more real than most and they respect him for that. Plus, it not too hard to figure out what is really going on behind the scenes, escpecially with what has been going on lately.  :-[

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
If you read my posts you saw that I thought it was ridiculous after all the shit he talked and how he has said he will NEVER come back to the IFBB. Of course, I'm not surprised in the least that he wants to come back. The PDI is a joke.

Then again this may be another joke on Lee's part.

Of course I don't mean everyone, I figured some people would think like I do.

AVBG

IMO Lee creates interest and drama in pro bb which isn't normally there, the fans would rather see him compete against the best field and if that means a special invite - if the powers that be agree, so be it.

The fans by enlarge regard what happened two years ago as yesterday's news and understand (to a limited extent) the motivation behind Lee's actions.

The Coach

Ok then, that's your opinion about the IFBB, you can feel that way if you want.
As far as supporting Lee, I guess he's lucky to have such supportive fans and again, I always thought he belonged ith the best of the best, that's why it was stupid to leave if the 1st place, it was career suicide.  I  wish he could go back in time and get his contracts back and still make boatloads of money.  I actually felt bad when I heard him talk on the radio, I never like seeing people suffer but hey!  You make mistakes, you pay for them.  We'll see Lee on the O stage again, in 2008 I think.
Txs for the mature response though.

Dude, the IFBB has been circling the shithole drain for years.....it's damn near on it's last leg, the federation is a joke, if I were a high level national competitor and won the qualifier, I'd quickly say adios to the IFBB and become a personal trainer or something and make some real money, THERE IS NO FUTURE IN THE IFBB for their "athletes".

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
You're surprised that the majority of people on Getbig seem a little fickle?  ???

What does fickle mean?  Sorry, english is my second language.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

;)

AVBG

liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior"; "fickle weather"; "mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next" [syn: erratic] 

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Dude, the IFBB has been circling the shithole drain for years.....it's damn near on it's last leg, the federation is a joke, if I were a high level national competitor and won the qualifier, I'd quickly say adios to the IFBB and become a personal trainer or something and make some real money, THERE IS NO FUTURE IN THE IFBB for their "athletes".

Really?  Say that to Jay, Ron, Dex, Phil Heath or even Lee before he switched, he was making great money with Twinlab and MD.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
;)

LOL!!!  Txs Alex.  And yes, I think Lee brings excitement and controversy, so did Shawn Ray when he competed, he was always very outspoken but he always like that while following the rules.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
LOL!!!  Txs Alex.  And yes, I think Lee brings excitement and controversy, so did Shawn Ray when he competed, he was always very outspoken but he always like that while following the rules.

Really, I remember that he accused Chad of using illegal drugs (plasma expanders) in the guys he trained. Thought he brought this up at a press conference though I could be wrong about where. Was he made to prove this like Milos was told too?

The Coach

Really?  Say that to Jay, Ron, Dex, Phil Heath or even Lee before he switched, he was making great money with Twinlab and MD.

Yep, I new that was coming..........they are the few, the VERY few, besides, I hope they invested wisely, because when they retire, that's when the money runs out, no retirement, no pension, no stock options and if you compare what they put into it and what the return was, they didn't make all that much compared to the risks!!

thisiskeith12

Lee is more entertaining than Shawn.

The Coach

Really, I remember that he accused Chad of using illegal drugs (plasma expanders) in the guys he trained. Thought he brought this up at a press conference though I could be wrong about where. Was he made to prove this like Milos was told too?

LOL...Jim, most of the drugs are illegal...LOL!!

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice

Chad is not an official.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
The whole pro division sucks big time. Get rid of Manion and his stooges and let bodybuilders compete wherever they like.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Yep, I new that was coming..........they are the few, the VERY few, besides, I hope they invested wisely, because when they retire, that's when the money runs out, no retirement, no pension, no stock options and if you compare what they put into it and what the return was, they didn't make all that much compared to the risks!!

LOL!!!  I'm sure you did see that coming.  The point is these are the guys making really good money but plenty more are making very good money, I'm thinking of my friend Silvio who doesn't have the kind of contracts that they other mentionned have but still makes very good money doing something he loves.  He's happy and really, that's what matters at the end of the day.  As far as retirement and investments are concerned, it's up to everyone to think ahead, it's their responsability and no one else.
Max.

P.S.  I'm really surprised in a good way at all the civility and good feedbacks so far.  Am I the only one?  LOL!!

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
The whole pro division sucks big time. Get rid of Manion and his stooges and let bodybuilders compete wherever they like.

OK!