Author Topic: IFBB suspends / bans Milos Sarcev  (Read 26209 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
IFBB suspends / bans Milos Sarcev
« on: June 12, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »
gotta love this... 9. The Committee finds that you did falsely accuse, in a public forum, Mr. Paul Chua and Mr. Walter van den Branden of wrongdoing; specifically, of fixing the results and/or of receiving money to manipulate the results of the Bodybuilding competition at the Doha Asian Games.

falsely accuse?...what is that?...

who the heck writes these documents for the IFBB?...i find it hard to believe that it is anyone with any legal nouse at all because they just dont have a clue when it comes to their findings.

all they have is heresay and accusations and non-independent witnesses. Hard to make a fair judgement based on that- let alone finding what amounts to guilt.

i agree that Milos- according to the statement- had his opportunities to make good and didnt help himself, however silence has NEVER been used as an acceptance of guilt, nor responsibility so legally- the IFBB has no right to impose any sentence at all as it simply isnt founded.

In fact he denies one of the allegations.

Whats more is that the burden of proof- as stated in the letter- has been placed on Milos himself!!!!!!!!!. Imagine that...getting charged for murder and then fronting up to court and the judge advises you that you have to prove them that you are innocent!!!

It's a bloody kangaroo court no doubt. Legaly I am CERTAIN that Milos- regardless of the facts and truth- has recourse for appeal and also basis for claims of damages against the IFBB as a result.

Of course it is probaby weighted by those costs as to whether anything is worth fighting for....plus theres that risk of ''messing with the wrong people''....

based on the letter itself though- there isnt a shred of evidence that would warrant a ban of any sort.

It is clear that the IFBB cannot be impartial and has based the allegation's merit on the weight of the accusers- rather than fact. There are no grounds for the IFBB to act upon- only an opportunity to act should it be proven otherwise that these accusations were in fact, false...or even more specifically- fabricated by Milos...this means literally that even if they are false, if he was lead to believe that they were true, then he is not liable.

All other actions can only take place via civil prosecution. Based on thos findings- then the IFBB can act legally. Until then they, the IFBB are waaaay out of line in this attempt at policing the rules.

another all so familiar lame story from the so called professional BB organisation.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: IFBB bans Milos..
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »
gotta love this... 9. The Committee finds that you did falsely accuse, in a public forum, Mr. Paul Chua and Mr. Walter van den Branden of wrongdoing; specifically, of fixing the results and/or of receiving money to manipulate the results of the Bodybuilding competition at the Doha Asian Games.

falsely accuse?...what is that?...

who the heck writes these documents for the IFBB?...i find it hard to believe that it is anyone with any legal nouse at all because they just dont have a clue when it comes to their findings.

all they have is heresay and accusations and non-independent witnesses. Hard to make a fair judgement based on that- let alone finding what amounts to guilt.

What they found Milos "guilty" of, was not presenting evidence to back up his accusations.

i agree that Milos- according to the statement- had his opportunities to make good and didnt help himself, however silence has NEVER been used as an acceptance of guilt, nor responsibility so legally- the IFBB has no right to impose any sentence at all as it simply isnt founded.

You're wrong...the onus to back up a claim made is clearly on the shoulders of the one making the accusation.

In fact he denies one of the allegations.

Whats more is that the burden of proof- as stated in the letter- has been placed on Milos himself!!!!!!!!!. Imagine that...getting charged for murder and then fronting up to court and the judge advises you that you have to prove them that you are innocent!!!

Once again...of course the burden of proof is on Milos, he's the one making the charge...

You're completely backwards in your rational...the burden of proof in your senario rests on them finding YOU guilty, they dont have to proove your innocence. You're already PRESUMED innocent in the court of law.

It's a bloody kangaroo court no doubt. Legaly I am CERTAIN that Milos- regardless of the facts and truth- has recourse for appeal and also basis for claims of damages against the IFBB as a result.

Of course he has recourse for appeal...I submitted it on his behalf and on different merits.

Of course it is probaby weighted by those costs as to whether anything is worth fighting for....plus theres that risk of ''messing with the wrong people''....

based on the letter itself though- there isnt a shred of evidence that would warrant a ban of any sort.

Evidence of WHAT? They werent challenging Milos...MIlos was challenging THEM.

It is clear that the IFBB cannot be impartial and has based the allegation's merit on the weight of the accusers- rather than fact. There are no grounds for the IFBB to act upon- only an opportunity to act should it be proven otherwise that these accusations were in fact, false...or even more specifically- fabricated by Milos...this means literally that even if they are false, if he was lead to believe that they were true, then he is not liable.

Of course he's liable...for his own actions and allegations.

All other actions can only take place via civil prosecution. Based on thos findings- then the IFBB can act legally. Until then they, the IFBB are waaaay out of line in this attempt at policing the rules.

another all so familiar lame story from the so called professional BB organisation.

You sound either young and inexperienced, or not too well read when it comes to the law and how it works.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »
Bob, since these rumors are not new, don't you think the IFBB would want to put into place some safeguards to make sure such fixing could not happen?   Outside observers to make sure judges were marking score sheets, and that the score sheets were added up to determine the winners?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
I have no issue with that...as many know by now...I've never been a fan of the current system, and have already made proposals to change it, and update it....

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:12:09 PM »
I have EVERY INTENTION to prove what I claim and...I WILL... ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 10:13:56 PM »

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »
FUCK BOB CHICKENSHIT UP MILOS
i

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »
I got a question. If Milos does prove his accusations and since money was involved isn't this a criminal issue? Bribery and othe issues that the law would then investigate? Anyone?  ???

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:31:05 AM »
Anti-corruption agency of Singapore already had some info about Mr. Chua and soon enough will get the rest of it... ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:36:34 AM »
Anti-corruption agency of Singapore already had some info about Mr. Chua and soon enough will get the rest of it... ;)
Ouch. That is one nasty place for stuff like this. They are especially noted for crippling slander/libel cases to bring people in line or remove them from the picture.  :-X

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 07:40:12 AM »
Ouch. That is one nasty place for stuff like this. They are especially noted for crippling slander/libel cases to bring people in line or remove them from the picture.  :-X

Really? ;D

Well, maybe Mr. Chua has nothing to worry about it...
After all my accusations are supposedly false?
Or are they? ;)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »

When was the last time the law was brought into bodybuilding......oh yeah, when Jay got disqualified for diuretic use!! ;D

And what happened when Jay got a lawyer ???   The IFBB dropped his DQ faster than you can say "dirty testing!"  ::)
just not good enough

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 10:13:40 AM »

When was the last time the law was brought into bodybuilding......oh yeah, when Jay got disqualified for diuretic use!! ;D

And what happened when Jay got a lawyer ???   The IFBB dropped his DQ faster than you can say "dirty testing!"  ::)

Are you talking to me? ;)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB suspends / bans Milos Sarcev
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »
Bob Cicherillo, on Milos' behalf, appealed the suspension from the IFBB.  Milos isnt banned from an event, but he cannot go backstage, nor go to an athlete's meeting.  

Even if Milos and Bob have discussions and debates, they always shake hands afterwards, and now, Bob will represent Milos. Hopefully, one day Milos can work with Bob on an athlete's committee regarding various issues that can be presented at the next IFBB meeting before the Olympia.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »
Bob, since these rumors are not new, don't you think the IFBB would want to put into place some safeguards to make sure such fixing could not happen?   Outside observers to make sure judges were marking score sheets, and that the score sheets were added up to determine the winners?

But if certain outcomes are alleged to have been pre-determined, then how would outside observers or scoresheet monitoring solve anything at all?  

What you need is a watchdog group to keep a record of all judging decisions which seem questionable - FOR WHATEVER REASON - and to track them over time.  Photos, video clips, and eyewitness accounts would all become part of the record.  Thanks to the internet, this can be achieved nowadays, so it's entirely possible for the concerned fans to put more pressure on the organization to make sure its judges are performing their duties ethically at ALL times and at ALL events, not just at some or most.  

I've been to several shows where the IFBB judges worked their tails off and although they may have missed a placing or few, the process had an air of legitimacy.  Conversely, I've been to other shows where the top placings seemed to be very questionable.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »
Bob Cicherillo, on Milos' behalf, appealed the suspension from the IFBB.  Milos isnt banned from an event, but he cannot go backstage, nor go to an athlete's meeting.  

Even if Milos and Bob have discussions and debates, they always shake hands afterwards, and now, Bob will represent Milos. Hopefully, one day Milos can work with Bob on an athlete's committee regarding various issues that can be presented at the next IFBB meeting before the Olympia.

I am officially working with Bob...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »

Milos, i don't pretend to understand how the ifbb do business (who does?), but i'm thinking you're not really helping your appeal much. :-\

here's a thought: stfu about chua until you've got something. ;) :-X

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:50:53 AM »
I am officially working with Bob...

will bob get free amps of humulin from you in return?

;D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »

will bob get free amps of humulin from you in return?

;D

you do realise that humulin is cheap, don't you ???

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »

Ok...someone explain it to me....

I can see that he's not allowed to compete while being on suspension....

but why not be able to attend an athlete's meeting or even better...."going backstage"?

What's in the harm being allowed backstage?

Come & Check out Getbig's Pet Board
News, Nutrition/Healthcare, & Gossip
A place to talk about pets & animals

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=59.0

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 11:09:18 AM »
Ok...someone explain it to me....

I can see that he's not allowed to compete while being on suspension....

but why not be able to attend an athlete's meeting or even better...."going backstage"?

What's in the harm being allowed backstage?

WHAT'S THE HARM BEING ALLOWED BACKSAGE ???

ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!

WHAT IF HE TAKES PICS OF THE BBERS AND POSTS THEM ON A WEBSITE??? THEN WHAT?

god i hate stupid questions. ::)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »
Bob once again your cerebral genetics are less than on par to those of your physique.

i wont even bother counter pointing your attempt at taking contextual pieces from my post.

anyone with half a brain will read your comments and think ''wow this dude is a fool...''

ive never ever heard of the law making an accusation and not having to provide proof beyond heresay.

if that happens- its only in afghanistan.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »
Still waiting for my answer.

What's the harm of Milo's going back stage at a contest?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »
Bob once again your cerebral genetics are less than on par to those of your physique.

i wont even bother counter pointing your attempt at taking contextual pieces from my post.

anyone with half a brain will read your comments and think ''wow this dude is a fool...''

ive never ever heard of the law making an accusation and not having to provide proof beyond heresay.

if that happens- its only in afghanistan.

You cant counter anything...so dont bother, you'll make your self look eben more foolish...

The "law" isn't making an accusation...an INDIVIDUAL is...and the bearing of proof rests with him, not the other way around.

Give it up....

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »
I have no issue with that...as many know by now...I've never been a fan of the current system, and have already made proposals to change it, and update it....

Chick, be honest......BB in it's current form sucks.

Most pro athletes are in peak condition when they compete. BBer's are close to death when they compete. A TOTAL joke.

Your "sport" has imploded on itself in the last 15yrs.