Author Topic: IEDS and Iraq  (Read 1072 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: IEDS and Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 02:58:57 PM »
For all those who question our ability to fight and win. This sheds some light on how our hands are tied. I know Decker was looking into the ROE and stuff so this might help.
L

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 03:40:50 PM »
I dont want 1 more US serviceman hurt. But That aint happening. This fight is about world oil security
and religious fanaticism. To me, it's clear we cant occupy/ hold ground and live there. Who the hell would want to? 
We ARE VERY good at destruction from a distance. Do what you do best...ultimatums followed by sever destruction.
THis war has no end in sight from my vantage point, but I aint been there.
I see it as a mistake in hindsight. The region is less stable than before.
Our own military strategists and politicians forgets how we won our own independence from a superior force.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »
This type of crap is really pissing me off just let the marines fucking kill! Tell them end this shit NOW, kill whoever is behind this shit no hold barred and get the fuck out of there and secure our border.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:14:55 PM »
This type of crap is really pissing me off just let the marines fucking kill! Tell them end this shit NOW, kill whoever is behind this shit no hold barred and get the fuck out of there and secure our border.

u dont make $ that way..

well not you particularly..but someones making the guns n bombs etc etc and gettin REALLY filthy rich.. :)

buy lockeed stock
carpe` vaginum!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
u dont make $ that way..

well not you particularly..but someones making the guns n bombs etc etc and gettin REALLY filthy rich.. :)

buy lockeed stock

Your damn right, but the Lockheed and Alliant tech, Grumman, Boeing,General Dynamics, KBR group has had a real long strong run. Dem's in control next round (I bet). That could be the end of the run for defense stocks.

But There are many who would like to milk these death & injury profits as long as possible.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:37:48 AM »
For all those who question our ability to fight and win. This sheds some light on how our hands are tied. I know Decker was looking into the ROE and stuff so this might help.
Thanks for the information HH, I appreciate your work.

After reading the article, I think it just underscores the assertion that the Iraq problem can not and will not be solved by military means.

"Once the bomb is made, it's too late," . . .the best hope is to disrupt the money and supplies that allow the bombs to be constructed.

There are technologies that would allow us to detonate every roadside bomb in Iraq by heating the wires in the detonators to the point that they triggered an explosion. But these systems could severely harm civilians nearby, so we're not using them,...
________________________ _______________
The president is using the troops to fight any attacking force in Iraq.  We can't do that under current policies without treating much of Iraq as a demilitarized zone.  But that would endanger civilians and we can't do that.

The US is battling Iraqi insurgents while trying to protect Iraqi citizens.  This is a no-win situation.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
I don't like the portrayal of thew US as loosing..nobody could win here except maybe Attilla the Hun..in this day and age its exceedingly hard to wage total war..we get away with it when we beginb campaigns but as things go along the media etc become more involved and we can't do whats neccesary. I remember a a few days when the ROE changed every few hours and became more restrictive each time. . I have a copy of the newly printed Rand report that details how or way the Iraqi's didn't fight during the war as hard as anybody thought they would. If u can get your hands on a copy or a PDF its fascinating. Saddam had to pay his Generals in Rolex's all kinds of crap. 
L