Author Topic: Veterinarian Faces Animal Cruelty Charges - real asshole here  (Read 6230 times)

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Re: Veterinarian Faces Animal Cruelty Charges - real asshole here
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
I sued a vet once and only won enough to cover attorney fees.  Apparently the laws state that you can only be reimbursed for the cost of the dog.  This was in 99 I think.

I had taken my Malamute/Husky mix in for a routine check up and bathing.  I normally bathed him myself but I had just had surgery on my left shoulder and he wasn't always a willing participant.  The vet techs used a slipknot collar while bathing him and he got excited and choked.  He burst a blood vessel in his eye and had trouble breathing so they put him out back in a kennel and went to check on him later and he had passed.  I took his body to NC State for a Necropsy and the results showed hemorraging and bruised tissue around his neck but it also showed he was positive for heartworms.  The case made the news so I got my "pound of flesh" but it can't bring my Wolfen back.  Needless to say, I've never been back to that vet and when I took my current dog to the vet, I told them the entire story and explained that my dog was NEVER to have a slipknot collar and that basically she wouldn't be out of my sight for long if at all while in their care.
i

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »
That's a terrible story Wood  :'( 

I hope your story making the news put that clinic out of business  >:(

What do you have now?  Please share some pictures & stories.
:

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
My Bastiff, hahah...Boxer-Mastiff mix Reese
i

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »
I sued a vet once and only won enough to cover attorney fees.  Apparently the laws state that you can only be reimbursed for the cost of the dog.  This was in 99 I think.

I had taken my Malamute/Husky mix in for a routine check up and bathing.  I normally bathed him myself but I had just had surgery on my left shoulder and he wasn't always a willing participant.  The vet techs used a slipknot collar while bathing him and he got excited and choked.  He burst a blood vessel in his eye and had trouble breathing so they put him out back in a kennel and went to check on him later and he had passed.  I took his body to NC State for a Necropsy and the results showed hemorraging and bruised tissue around his neck but it also showed he was positive for heartworms.  The case made the news so I got my "pound of flesh" but it can't bring my Wolfen back.  Needless to say, I've never been back to that vet and when I took my current dog to the vet, I told them the entire story and explained that my dog was NEVER to have a slipknot collar and that basically she wouldn't be out of my sight for long if at all while in their care.

Sorry for your loss

BAN THE SLIPKNOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:(

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 05:13:20 PM »

Man I would have been livid. Sorry for you wood.
and keep moving!