Author Topic: Woman Dies in L.A. Emergency Room as 911 refuses to help!  (Read 3998 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Woman Dies in L.A. Emergency Room as 911 refuses to help!
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19207050/?GT1=10056
Someone just got rich.

The state of medical care quality in the USA is pathetic. ANd they overcharge us and tell us how great it is.  But, if she was not not a legal US resident/citizen, that's fine treatment as far as I care.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Woman Dies in L.A. Emergency Room as 911 refuses to help!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »

The 911 dispatchers did nothing wrong - she was already in a hospital. 

If there were not enough care providers on duty at the time, then the woman was victim of bad luck. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
I bet a court calls it more than bad luck.
It'll never make it to court. Giant settlement. Rightfully so.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »
The 911 dispatchers did nothing wrong - she was already in a hospital. 

If there were not enough care providers on duty at the time, then the woman was victim of bad luck. 

Victim of bad luck ::) And you have a daughter.

People die every day in hospitals, MD Anderson sees over 60,000 people a day, and I don't hear about bad luck taking victims, and it making national headlines

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
She was a meth head, that was her 3rd straight day at the ermergency room. The other days she was trying to score painkillers.  She didnt value her life that much to be smoking that stuff, oh well
Valhalla awaits.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 10:38:03 PM »
She was a meth head, that was her 3rd straight day at the ermergency room. The other days she was trying to score painkillers.  She didnt value her life that much to be smoking that stuff, oh well

Where in the story does it say she was a meth head?

And trab, ...why would it be ok if she was not a legal US resident/citizen?

Are you saying that if you were on holiday in London, or say in Toronto visiting the CN Tower, it would be ok for hospital emergency personnel to simply ignore you as you lay dying in agony simply because you were not a British or Canadian citizen? That's an emergency room. I think the hospital messed up, ...as did the 911 dispatchers. Although I don't believe the 2nd caller relayed the sense of urgency necessary for them to take notice. Still, hindsight being what it is, ...I still think 911 dispatcher should have probed deeper as to why the caller felt it was an emergency instead of getting hostile with the caller.

I knew a woman who worked for 911 services, and you'd be amazed at the different reasons people call.

I once had a 911 operator go off on me for calling once, then saying "Oh I'm sorry my mistake. No emergency here. sorry for bothering you". I had to explain "Look lady. When I hear someone breaking into my house at 4:30 in the morning I'm calling 911!  How was I suppose to know it was my mother? She been living outside of this country, and never told me she was coming to visit, ...and didn't want to wake me at 4:30 in the morning. OK! It's not like I'm calling for the time. Back off!

Anyway, sad tragic story which I'm sure we have not heard the last of.  :'(
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:43 PM »
Where in the story does it say she was a meth head?

And trab, ...why would it be ok if she was not a legal US resident/citizen?

Are you saying that if you were on holiday in London, or say in Toronto visiting the CN Tower, it would be ok for hospital emergency personnel to simply ignore you as you lay dying in agony simply because you were not a British or Canadian citizen? That's an emergency room. I think the hospital messed up, ...as did the 911 dispatchers. Although I don't believe the 2nd caller relayed the sense of urgency necessary for them to take notice. Still, hindsight being what it is, ...I still think 911 dispatcher should have probed deeper as to why the caller felt it was an emergency instead of getting hostile with the caller.

I knew a woman who worked for 911 services, and you'd be amazed at the different reasons people call.

I once had a 911 operator go off on me for calling once, then saying "Oh I'm sorry my mistake. No emergency here. sorry for bothering you". I had to explain "Look lady. When I hear someone breaking into my house at 4:30 in the morning I'm calling 911!  How was I suppose to know it was my mother? She been living outside of this country, and never told me she was coming to visit, ...and didn't want to wake me at 4:30 in the morning. OK! It's not like I'm calling for the time. Back off!

Anyway, sad tragic story which I'm sure we have not heard the last of.  :'(

No LEGAL entry papers, no medical care w/ out cash up front - Just like the rest of the world.
We are going broke (gone) down here on Govt health care and other costs for illegals. Wait till they spill over the northern border in droves, they wont be as cute anymore.

Regardless, If she was a legal resident or visitor, I hope the Lawyers Bleed everyone involved dry.
ER service down here is a joke.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »
I bet a court calls it more than bad luck.
It'll never make it to court. Giant settlement. Rightfully so.

Any insurance 'settlement' should be paid to the city's ERs to enable them to have more skilled personnel on duty.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 11:38:49 PM »
Victim of bad luck ::) And you have a daughter.

People die every day in hospitals, MD Anderson sees over 60,000 people a day, and I don't hear about bad luck taking victims, and it making national headlines

ERs are filled with people who go in for all sorts of NON-emergencies and they're the ones who are to blame when you've got an active lower GI bleed and have to wait 4 hours curled up in your chair before you're seen by a doctor.  Even in high-brow areas like Westlake/Thousand Oaks, it's very common to have to wait an hour or more just to see the triage nurse. 

This is not a case of the staff not caring - rather it's a case of yet another under-funded, under-staffed care facility being overwhelmed at a time when a woman was dying in their waiting room. 

Whenever tragedy strikes, a common reaction is to look for someone to blame, but just because someone dies in a hospital, it doesn't mean that the hospital is liable for the death. 

If she was arrested, however, then you might start your investigation with the LAPD.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:04:52 AM »
No LEGAL entry papers, no medical care w/ out cash up front - Just like the rest of the world.
We are going broke (gone) down here on Govt health care and other costs for illegals. Wait till they spill over the northern border in droves, they wont be as cute anymore.

Regardless, If she was a legal resident or visitor, I hope the Lawyers Bleed everyone involved dry.
ER service down here is a joke.

Trab, ...do you really think that is reasonable... or for that matter feasible?

If you were in a tragic car accident, ...or maybe hit by a hit n' run driver while walking your dog, ...do you think it reasonable for a hospital emergency room to deny you care if you're unable to produce LEGAL entry papers on the spot? are we as citizens reduced to a society where one must wear papers or dog tags around their necks at any given moment to reveal one's status? I'd still like to know where in that story it says she was an illegal alien? The name Rodriguez has been a native California name since long before California was even a state in the union, ...therefore I ask again, ...where in the story does it say this woman was an illegal alien? Are we perhaps making an assumption, ...based upon, ...prejudice?  ;)

As for illegal aliens spilling over the Canadian border in droves to get medical care... HELLO!
Been there, ...seen that, ...they've been coming over in droves for decades. They're called AMERICANs  :P
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 04:54:09 AM »
And they (Americans) Pay, unlike the South of the border Plague bankrupting US down here, just wait a bit, they'll be pouring in and it will blow your mind.

We have to get tough w/ the free health care and free education for Illegals.

whether she (was ::)) a legal res/visitor I dont know, but the INSH issue is allways taken care of prior to any care for a conscious non life threatened patient. which is what they wrongly treated her as.
Some $z are going to change hands here. Rightly so. Hopefully a few careers destroyed too.

But, Not legal? No cash? No Care! Throw  'em all out of the schools systems too. Immediately.Deport.

Have Halliburton/KBR build the worlds most awesome fence and shoot to kill ROE for Border Patrol.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 08:33:28 AM »
ERs are filled with people who go in for all sorts of NON-emergencies and they're the ones who are to blame when you've got an active lower GI bleed and have to wait 4 hours curled up in your chair before you're seen by a doctor.  Even in high-brow areas like Westlake/Thousand Oaks, it's very common to have to wait an hour or more just to see the triage nurse. 

This is not a case of the staff not caring - rather it's a case of yet another under-funded, under-staffed care facility being overwhelmed at a time when a woman was dying in their waiting room. 

Whenever tragedy strikes, a common reaction is to look for someone to blame, but just because someone dies in a hospital, it doesn't mean that the hospital is liable for the death. 

If she was arrested, however, then you might start your investigation with the LAPD.

They take the worst case scenarios first...err...when they are doing their job...

But yeah she was a meth head, and was at the hospital seeking pain pills, most likely cause her right side felt like it was going to explode.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
ah well, she was probably an illegal immigrant anyway, one less to worry about.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:29 PM »

They take the worst case scenarios first...err...when they are doing their job...

But yeah she was a meth head, and was at the hospital seeking pain pills, most likely cause her right side felt like it was going to explode.

Was this in the news, or is this conjecture? I didn't hear it in any report.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 08:48:27 PM »
Was this in the news, or is this conjecture? I didn't hear it in any report.

Not sure how to answer this hmmmm "entertainment tv news" as reported via FOX NEWS.

But regardless, mother of 3 gone.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:21 AM »

Not sure how to answer this hmmmm "entertainment tv news" as reported via FOX NEWS.

Thanks that's what I was lookin for...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:53 AM »
And they (Americans) Pay, unlike the South of the border Plague bankrupting US down here, just wait a bit, they'll be pouring in and it will blow your mind.

I was referring to Americans seeking free health care  :P

Have Halliburton/KBR build the worlds most awesome fence and shoot to kill ROE for Border Patrol.

And we all know what a bangup job they've done in other regions.  ::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 07:25:31 AM »

:o   OH, ...well if FOX NEWS says so, ...you know it just has to be true!  ::)

This is where I wish Ron would invent a smiley capable of reaching out and plucking someone's chest hairs...
one by one. And after those are all gone, ...it starts on the nostril hairs, one by one, ...then the leg hairs,
one by one, ...then the pubes, ...until the SSOB's decide to turn off FOX NEWS or get themselves lobotomized!

FOX NEWS!?!?!?!?
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 07:44:05 AM »
Im not going to argue w/ you, you enjoy it!