Author Topic: WOMAN CLAIMING 560 LB RAW BENCH  (Read 15163 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: WOMAN CLAIMING 560 LB RAW BENCH
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »
Yup, my brutally shameful bench press number was my one foray into talking about my lifting numbers. I think, well mostly anyway, that being into how much one can lift is more a "guy" thing...

just what are you saying about the subject of this thread? ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2007, 06:38:24 AM »
just what are you saying about the subject of this thread? ;D

Whoops ;D

Actually although it's not my thing, I am always impressed by women hitting huge numbers.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 06:39:51 AM »
The man bitches putting up huge numbers should not even be regarded as women!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:49 AM »
Whoops ;D

Actually although it's not my thing, I am always impressed by women hitting huge numbers.

you're a fucking democrat aren't you? :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »
Come on Tre, post it.!!!

We just re-located this past weekend, so at the moment, all my old tapes are still boxed up. 

I shot some heavy lifting footage on a separate occasion and although my memory is a bit foggy, I seem to remember her getting an unassisted double at 405 on the bench.  This would've been sometime in 2001, I'd say.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »
We just re-located this past weekend, so at the moment, all my old tapes are still boxed up. 

I shot some heavy lifting footage on a separate occasion and although my memory is a bit foggy, I seem to remember her getting an unassisted double at 405 on the bench.  This would've been sometime in 2001, I'd say.

whatbaout the 500 plus?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2007, 09:04:23 AM »
so far it's come down 160lbs, but we've got a way to go yet. ;)

tell him to compete in a legite p/lifting comp, raw or assisted. should be dead easy. all he has to do is turn up and we got an official record + credibility. he can do it on the way home from the gym for fuxsakes.

hmmm, didn't think so. ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:01 AM »
I think I saw her at the Arnold this year walking by.  My buddies and I were deciding where to go next and one of them noticed her and we all looked.  Very bad skin and mannish. It is something you remember like the time I saw a severely burned man at a restaurant. To each his/her own as far as I am concerned.
A

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »
Well it can't be pretty if it's that strong.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
xxpowerlifterxx just wrote on bb.com:

"
Look man, you can say whatever you want.

You can claim that the stat is another bullsh*t stat of "10000 e-stats." To me, what you're doing is just hating on somebody else's accomplishments...like 100000 other e-haters.

How many powerlifting competitions have you won? None...just like I thought.

I'm just telling you what I saw with my own two eyes. I'm done with this thread...don't believe me, I could give a flying f**k."

Note: he said he saw her bench 500.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:42 AM »
I can't really handle the thought of a "woman" being stronger than me.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »

No offence bro, but this is starting to look like Doggcrapp. ;D

This is Ielja Strik, you know who this person is.

Strik holds the world record in the 198 lbs division benchpress, 397 lbs. With a benchpress shirt.

You still trying to tell me Heather Darling did 500 lbs raw?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
great shirt on Captain Kirk.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
No offence bro, but this is starting to look like Doggcrapp. ;D

This is Ielja Strik, you know who this person is.

Strik holds the world record in the 198 lbs division benchpress, 397 lbs. With a benchpress shirt.

You still trying to tell me Heather Darling did 500 lbs raw?

-Hedge

You'll die laughing if he ever posts the vid.  You should be able to see the spotters out of breath after lift. 

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2007, 02:06:45 PM »
Come on Tre, post it.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
I'm not all into powerlifting, but read about this girl Kara on the powerlifting board a while back. 400+ lb bench, 500+ squat and dead etc...I am sure Hedge knows more about her. I've seen her lift in person, and was highly impressed by her lifts and also by the fact that she lifts so heavy but is still so feminine.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »
I'm not all into powerlifting, but read about this girl Kara on the powerlifting board a while back. 400+ lb bench, 500+ squat and dead etc...I am sure Hedge knows more about her. I've seen her lift in person, and was highly impressed by her lifts and also by the fact that she lifts so heavy but is still so feminine.
cute! what is the actaul best BP for gals raw? in a meet
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »

Bohigian lifts in un-tested meets. I don't pay much attention to those "women".

My favorite female lifter is Priscilla Ribic. A real woman. Just strong as hell.

She's pulled 551 in the deadlift, and totalled  1339, while only weighing 148 lbs. True freak of nature.

Natural freak.

Here's she's seen with one of USA's finest strength athlete's ever: Brad Gillingham.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »

Kara is a very cool woman and a heck of a lifter.  She does lift equipped to give you some perspective on the claims of 560 lbs raw from the other woman.

Chris
w

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2007, 05:38:03 PM »
when a woman is on male hormones is she really still a woman? 

Hormones are the most defining things of sex, other than sex organs.  On enough drugs a woman's clitoris starts developing into the beginning of a penis.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »
xxpowerlifterxx just wrote on bb.com:

"
Look man, you can say whatever you want.

You can claim that the stat is another bullsh*t stat of "10000 e-stats." To me, what you're doing is just hating on somebody else's accomplishments...like 100000 other e-haters.

How many powerlifting competitions have you won? None...just like I thought.

I'm just telling you what I saw with my own two eyes. I'm done with this thread...don't believe me, I could give a flying f**k."

Note: he said he saw her bench 500.

Yeah I was there and saw it to and it was total BS

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2007, 10:07:55 AM »
now xxpowerlifterxx is claiming she benched 500 for REPS.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2007, 10:13:28 AM »
now xxpowerlifterxx is claiming she benched 500 for REPS.

check the site you're looking at, i think you're on the absolute and utter doggcrapp site.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »

There's no question that Kara Bohigian is the hottest of the big benchers.  I cannot recall the exact number, but seem to remember her putting up something in the high 3s at the Show of Strength back in 2004(?).  Her fed (WPO) uses full gear, so I assume we're talking about a 2-ply bench shirt.  She only received an assist on the lift-off, and then completed a full rep on her own.  Her pre-lift routine is just flat out scary - it's like she becomes a woman possessed...which seems totally out of character for this sweet, beautiful woman who's always smiling when she's greeting the fans. 

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 11:19:16 AM »
There's no question that Kara Bohigian is the hottest of the big benchers.  I cannot recall the exact number, but seem to remember her putting up something in the high 3s at the Show of Strength back in 2004(?).  Her fed (WPO) uses full gear, so I assume we're talking about a 2-ply bench shirt.  She only received an assist on the lift-off, and then completed a full rep on her own.  Her pre-lift routine is just flat out scary - it's like she becomes a woman possessed...which seems totally out of character for this sweet, beautiful woman who's always smiling when she's greeting the fans. 

Which makes it even more unlikely that Heather DArling is benching 560, or 500 for reps, or 455 for 6 reps.

Tre, it is BULLSHIT. It's not possible. Ok?