Author Topic: For Body88...Julio Lugo  (Read 4464 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
For Body88...Julio Lugo
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:14:21 PM »
Bro ..I respect ur opinions and am glad ur here as I leave my articulate posts for the politics board. U defend Boston sports in a fair and balanced way that I can't, in my blind fanatisim comprehend. But for the love of god..LUGO SUCKS, he need to go. Get on the phone and make it happen.
L

body88

Re: For Body88...Julio Lugo
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »
Bro ..I respect ur opinions and am glad ur here as I leave my articulate posts for the politics board. U defend Boston sports in a fair and balanced way that I can't, in my blind fanatisim comprehend. But for the love of god..LUGO SUCKS, he need to go. Get on the phone and make it happen.

I agree. I have become fed up with him also. We could talk about his rbi's, but those are less impressive due to his dreadful defense. We could talk about his ability to steal bases, but his obp sucks since he is not hitting. Some guys cant hang when they get on the big stage. I fear Lugo might suffer that fate. His career stats would suggest he will come out of this, but like we saw with Edger, sometimes its just the pressure

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »
I'd rather keep Lugo than Coco Crisp. Both are pulling a Renteria on us, though.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »
Oh shit, don't get me started on Lugo. Coco is as bad offensively but at least he's making plays in the field. Lugo's doing nothing. His RBI total isn't a factor of his ability to hit safely but more his ability to ground into RBI fielder's choices.

And Drew, WTF. We're stuck with that useless robot for 5 years.

All in all this was not a stellar year for Mr. Epstein.

I have to stop there or a 2000 word meltdown post will ensue.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:11:29 AM »
They should have locked up Cabrerra right after '04.  In fact, there are a number of moves/non moves that they could have made that would have given this team a lethal combination of youth and veterans, with payroll flexibility to boot.

Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:58:34 AM »
Typical Red Sox fans.8 1/2 game lead and your looking for whats wrong
with your team. ::)

;)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 07:03:17 AM »
Typical Red Sox fans.8 1/2 game lead and your looking for whats wrong
with your team. ::)

;)

Yeah, but a few days ago it was a 13 1/2 game lead.
The House that Ruth built

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 07:34:54 AM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:10 AM »
I hope you two Yankee heathens don't think this season is anywhere near over.

The Sox are going to get hot again and the Yanks are going to get cold again and vice versa.

Both teams are in for a long and bumpy ride.

Oh, and good luck with that whole "Giambi suspension" thing that Selig is proposing.  ;D

P.S. if you choose to reply make it a good one. This board needs a little Sox fan vs. Yanks fan fun.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
Look Calvin..your not dealing with folks here with short memories..I remeber two things prior to 1980..my old man yellling at Steve Grogan on TV and him coming home after the 78' one game playoff. He bought me hat..it was thrown at the couch in disgust. Until the yanks are mathmatically eliminated I'lll be worried.In fact should we suffer another meltdown...the only thing that will save me is Brady to Moss all season long.................... .GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
They should have locked up Cabrerra right after '04.  In fact, there are a number of moves/non moves that they could have made that would have given this team a lethal combination of youth and veterans, with payroll flexibility to boot.

Absolutely, and I'd have been happy with Alex Gonzalez staying, too. But who could predict that Lugo would hit this poorly? Not me. In fact, I was excited for Renteria, Crisp and Lugo each when they were signed, only to find out that Renteria hit and ran like a girl, Coco looks shellshocked and like he's never SEEN a bat before and Lugo is kicking more balls around the infield.

Anyway, it's all about pitching, and we got it, so we'll be alright.

body88

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »

Half the yankee fan base got hurt when they jumped for there lives off the bandwagon about month ago!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 01:53:32 PM »
Oh don't worry body88, they're all jumping back on right now. One thing I noticed about NY'ers...fairweather fans. I've lived in NY for 10 years, it's hilarious to see them all bust out thier Yankees gear after they win a few games LOL. Meanwhile, I wear my BoSox and Pat's stuff all year, win or lose.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »
suckahs!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 03:02:32 PM »
Oh don't worry body88, they're all jumping back on right now. One thing I noticed about NY'ers...fairweather fans.

Not I.  I have never stopped believing this team would make the playoffs. 

Mind you, I stop posting about it for awhile, since no matter what your theories are, you sound like a lunatic when your team is 14.5 back.   ;D

I'm a big believe in regression to the mean - meaning players USUALLY perform to the historical statistical norms.  Under that theory, it was only logical to think that players like Abreu, Damon, Cano and Matusi would get better.  Couple that with the pitching staff finally getting healthy, some early bad luck, and that the Yankees have had the hardest rated schedule so far (per ESPN), it was only a matter of time before it all clicked.

They may still have too deep a hole to dig out of, but they are definitely not the team they were a few weeks ago.

This is a Sox thread, though, so I'll leave it with the team I think the sox should've had:

1B  Youklis
2b  F. Sanchez
SS  H. Ramierez
3b  A.  Marte

OF: Manny
CF: Damon
RF: Abreu

Staff:  Schilling, Wakefield, Lester, A Sanchez, Arroyo

By having those rookies, it gave the sox the flexibilty to keep Damon and trade for Abreu, since they would save so much money.

I just learned that A. Sanchez might be done though.  Also, I believe Beckett is just on a typical Beckett streak that never lasts, but I will admit he's been lights out and the streak is longer than I thought.
Y

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 04:44:28 AM »
I hope you two Yankee heathens don't think this season is anywhere near over.

The Sox are going to get hot again and the Yanks are going to get cold again and vice versa.

Both teams are in for a long and bumpy ride.

Oh, and good luck with that whole "Giambi suspension" thing that Selig is proposing.  ;D

P.S. if you choose to reply make it a good one. This board needs a little Sox fan vs. Yanks fan fun.

I agree, until the 162nd game is in the books anything can happen.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 04:48:04 AM »

Half the yankee fan base got hurt when they jumped for there lives off the bandwagon about month ago!

Come on body88, there are Red Sox fans in this very thread bashing their own team and players and worrying about their team in this very thread dude.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 04:50:17 AM »
Oh don't worry body88, they're all jumping back on right now. One thing I noticed about NY'ers...fairweather fans. I've lived in NY for 10 years, it's hilarious to see them all bust out thier Yankees gear after they win a few games LOL. Meanwhile, I wear my BoSox and Pat's stuff all year, win or lose.

Rearden, don't try pulling that "fairweather fan" crap. Some Red Sox guys in this very thread are bashing players on their team. Nothing was being said when the Sox had that 13.5 game lead.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 06:17:17 AM »
Rearden, don't try pulling that "fairweather fan" crap. Some Red Sox guys in this very thread are bashing players on their team. Nothing was being said when the Sox had that 13.5 game lead.

There's this nitwit named Tony from Bridgewater who calls WEEI in the mornings.  Today he was on saying  that nobody thought the Yankees were really a .500 team and there was no need to panic.

Unfortunately, I remember him called two weeks ago yelling at a host who thought the Yankees could come back screaming "this team is going to implode.  They're finished".
Y

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 06:31:32 AM »

We bash our players, but never take off the gear! I speak from experience here brutha.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »
We bash our players, but never take off the gear! I speak from experience here brutha.

I saw a show on NESN about the 67 Sox the other night. I was looking for Yaz but didn't see him?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 06:01:18 AM »

How many Red Sox fans are getting close to the edge? ;D

body88

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 07:16:37 AM »
Not many. Although they lost last night they just swept the Giants. I have many "Yankee fan" friends. Fairweather is a term that can be applied to a lot of Yankee fans. Sox fans have gone through decades of excruciating bad luck/pain. Half the Yankee fan base jumped off the empire last month due to what was going on. I have never counted the Yankees out. The sox are going through a bad stretch. As bad as it has been, they are still 8 games ahead.

I knew the Yankees would right the ship. I always said they would be back. I think the sox will do better in the playoffs, but I never once counted the yankees out. With the amount of talent/ money in that team, it was only a matter of time before things got going.

body88

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 07:20:18 AM »

Yep. Boston is even more of a rabid baseball market then NY. New York makes more $$ due to the bigger population.

While sox fans do bash there players, they also give guys who are soldiers to the team standing o's if they have a bad night. Boo brids are not "trendy" in Boston. If a sox player is getting boo'd, he has worn out his support.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »
I'M a yankee fan ,but why over 3 yrs u had 3 great ss renteria.gonzalez,and the 3rd could have been ramirez but u got beckett and lowell for the deal.lugo a great glove weak bat.it's nice to have jeter 10yrs  :D