Author Topic: James Toney tests positive for 'roids  (Read 3085 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
James Toney tests positive for 'roids
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:52:27 AM »
When I see this 3 time champ I think "All fried Chicken" and not "All drugs".  He gives steroids a bad rap for sure.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: James Toney tests positive for 'roids
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:05:15 AM »
He obviously didnt watch his diet at all if he was on gear. You can still see he has size under the fat though - reminds me a bit of Lee in those famous KFC photos  :)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:09:10 AM »
Who cares, he's one of the best defensive fighters ever and a legit bad ass who would smack the shit out of anybody
$

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 06:12:02 AM »
Yeah i agree he was / is a good fighter. Not easy to move up that much weight and still be competitive. Has he retired now after that positive test?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:22:35 AM »
He is currently suspended.

Toney tested positive for boldenone and stanazolol.  Why would a boxer take winny?  His joints must have been brutally sore.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:39:43 AM »
Who cares, he's one of the best defensive fighters ever and a legit bad ass who would smack the shit out of anybody

truer words not spoken.

he's a bit old in the tooth now but he's forgotten more shit about fighting than these young bucks he clowns will ever know.

too much money to be made for him not to fight so if he needs a little hrt for the recovery and boost, why fucking not? seriously, juice has about as much to do with his performance as the sixteen cheese burgers and fries he eats for breakfast.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »
Hes strong as hell, benches over 400lbs

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »
Hes strong as hell, benches over 400lbs

bullshit. no fucking way.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »

No hes not, he just fought in a weak division.  Hes a washed up punch drunk horses ass  ::)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »
         No hes not, he just fought in a weak division.  Hes a washed up punch drunk horses ass  ::)
Pretty much the truth! BTW, boxers run as much roids as bbers or powerlifters...
S

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »
You can't judge drug use based on appearance.

It may sound strange to you, but the fact is most athletes that use stuff will never show a bodybuilder type physique...at least not a good one.

Most guys will maintain their weight and get stronger.  In the end it helps with recovery more than anything else, they simply do not eat enough and train enough to gain muscle and it is NOT thier objective.

Look at laundis ( bike rider, Palmero (baseball, olympic athletes, etc).

Many people 165 take more stuff then you would imagine.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »

Toney tested positive for boldenone and stanazolol.  Why would a boxer take winny?  His joints must have been brutally sore.

Great fighter with a long history in the ring. If anybody needs roids it is boxers. I mean c'mon, you can't use the "roids are unhealthy" arguement when they knock the crap out of eachother in the ring.

Having said that, notice how an actual positive test got him suspended by pro boxing. Pro bodybuilding will just about suspend a guy for NOT taking enough juice hehehe.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:39:10 AM »
Toney defeated Danny Batchelder on May 24 in San Jose, winning a 10-round split decision. But Toney tested positive for two types of steroids, and Batchelder, who also received a one-year ban, tested positive for three different kinds of steroids.

"The whole world is on dope!"

MR.  HAND
Most are all show no go!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »
Toney defeated Danny Batchelder on May 24 in San Jose, winning a 10-round split decision. But Toney tested positive for two types of steroids, and Batchelder, who also received a one-year ban, tested positive for three different kinds of steroids.

"The whole world is on dope!"

MR.  HAND

The reality is when used in proper, controlled amounts  with blood testing /check ups the roids do give a lot of bang for the buck. Congress needs to get with pro sports and have team MD's prescribe and monitor the drug use in elite athletes and just end the lame war on drugs. My main issue is the extreme and /or dumb use and the legal problems.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »
looks like he forgot estrogen blockers.....

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, this is his second time getting busted for steroids. If so this could mean a lifetime ban at least from whichever sanctioning body caught him.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »

This is Tony's 2nd offense, he also tested positive after the John Ruiz fight.

Every boxer who has been caught taking Gear ie. Tony, Vargas, Mosley etc were caught in losing efforts.

Gear has zero effect on anaerobic threshold..........nuff said.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
Uh oh, another sports figure with great ethics.  If Toney were natural I'd smack that bitch so hard, his mother would feel it. ;D
haha
N

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 01:19:14 PM »
Look at laundis ( bike rider, Palmero (baseball, olympic athletes, etc).

Many people 165 take more stuff then you would imagine.
A cyclist like Landis does NOT take large amounts of anabolic steroids. The dosages are minute by any bodybuilding standard. They are only used in small amounts to get the levels back to normal after a race, through oral test undecanoate or a transdermal for example. Sometimes the levels get too high because absorption can vary like in this case. A substantial amount of AAS KILLS performance. Same with hGH. They take a large variety of different drugs though but it's not like they shoot multi-cc's of juice.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »

haha you always defend the boxers, if he fought mma you would say he's a fat pile of shit

E
E

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »
A cyclist like Landis does NOT take large amounts of anabolic steroids. The dosages are minute by any bodybuilding standard. They are only used in small amounts to get the levels back to normal after a race, through oral test undecanoate or a transdermal for example. Sometimes the levels get too high because absorption can vary like in this case. A substantial amount of AAS KILLS performance. Same with hGH. They take a large variety of different drugs though but it's not like they shoot multi-cc's of juice.

Who said he takes large amounts???  I competed at 265 and didn't take large amounts, by bb standards.  fact is he failed drug test and probably passed many while on but got caught this last time.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 05:15:40 AM »

Every boxer who has been caught taking Gear ie. Tony, Vargas, Mosley etc were caught in losing efforts.

true

in fact anabolics have a negative effect on stamina in that the extra muscle developed depletes energy rapidly.

muscle is active tissue and thus will use energy merely to exist. add to that an arduous activity like boxing, which utilizes both aerobic and anaerobic pathways and you're going to have to manage some stamina issues.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 05:24:16 AM »
When I see this 3 time champ I think "All fried Chicken" and not "All drugs".  He gives steroids a bad rap for sure.

There's nothing more pathetic then someone who uses gas and looks terrible.

PB

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 06:13:24 AM »
Who said he takes large amounts???  I competed at 265 and didn't take large amounts, by bb standards.  fact is he failed drug test and probably passed many while on but got caught this last time.
Well, didn't know what you meant with this "Many people 165 take more stuff then you would imagine." Just wanted to clarify that endurance athletes don't take a lot of steroids.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 06:41:12 AM »

Not completely true. Roy Jones tested positive after beating Richard Hall.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Mosley has never tested positive. He just suddenly went really shit around the time the Balco scandal broke ;). I may be wrong though.