Author Topic: Alcohol can increase HDL *high density lipo protien*(the good cholesterol)  (Read 5969 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
a cocktail attached to their hand.

4-5 cocktails maybe

Buncha slack-jawed fagggots 'round here!

Beer'll turn ya into a goddam sexual tyranasorrs!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
yeah i think the main thing is you dont eat enough and secondly that may be a little too much alcohol or not it depends how active you are

if you are doing 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weights per day and eating alot and drinking that drinking will get rid of extra water while alot of food will build and repair and give you a new physique...

my basic rule is if im tired and burnt out and dont feel like working out ALWAYS THEN EAT SOMETHING THEN GO WORKOUT                 

I tend to get into a bad trend like not eating much, drinking, not working out.  Stay relatively lean but lose muscle obviously.  It's just hard to get it into my head to eat a lot during the summer, I just feel more sluggish and I want to feel tight and lean.  Then I'll over-do the cardio, not eat, and train once a week.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Another great thread of DW's, where he's trying to glorify the use of mind altering substances. ::)
Who would have ever guessed. ::)
I'm not against the occasional social drink, but I find it funny how guys try to justify the use by saying it's healthy for you, especially in the long term.
Two words: Mike Mentzer. Look at the YouTube clips of him telling his client to do HIT training, he's a rambling drunk.
But hey DW also says it's good for you, so we must believe his bi-polar ass. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
I think alcohol is the primary reason I haven't been able to get ripped.  I drink virtually every night, not getting drunk, but 4-5 cocktails maybe, and yet I still wonder why I can't get below 10% bodyfat.  The truth is, I'll take the trade-off of being able to drink what I want and have fun, doing cardio to make up for it, yet still never get REAL lean.  This is me, 2 years ago, NO PUMP, at my leanest.
fuckk cardio you should be trying to get bigger, you're too small.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard

That was August '05.

I've put on a little size since then.

But adding mass was never the problem, it was getting lean to actually see it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
That was August '05.

I've put on a little size since then.

But adding mass was never the problem, it was getting lean to actually see it.
no offense but if adding mass isn't a problem why are you small there?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
no offense but if adding mass isn't a problem why are you small there?

I guess my goals have always been at odds with eachother.  That particular year I was torn between getting
big and staying lean, and therefore didn't eat enough to put on a whole lot.  When I go all out and eat, sure I get bigger, but I like to have a body to show off year round I guess.  There have been periods where I eat what I want and I grow quite a bit, but by the time I try to diet down I've wasted some of it already.  That summer I entered a contest through INSTONE with before and after pics, and I only had 12 weeks.  I made the crucial error of still trying to get bigger the first 7 weeks without even lifting the previous 6 months, and as a result, I neither gained any significant size nor ended up significantly lean while dieting.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Buncha slack-jawed fagggots 'round here!

Beer'll turn ya into a goddam sexual tyranasorrs!
LOL. Let me guess? You don't have time to bleed, either. 

The_Leafy_Bug

That's nonsense.... An increase of fat will only give him the illusion of being smaller. By working out and eating his muscles will get their nutrients while the cardio will burn fat. Cardio is more effective at burning fat the weight training. He isn't going to get any smaller by losing fat.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
That's nonsense.... An increase of fat will only give him the illusion of being smaller. By working out and eating his muscles will get their nutrients while the cardio will burn fat. Cardio is more effective at burning fat the weight training. He isn't going to get any smaller by losing fat.

I'm thinking I wish I had your tendency to stay lean...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
i got wasted last night watching the spurs win and this morning i feel like a dry, lean goddam sexual tyrannosaurus

The_Leafy_Bug

I'm thinking I wish I had your tendency to stay lean...
It's not a tendency. Believe me sometimes it can be hard. I hate junk food but my body craves it. It is almost a need. I just had an oreo cream pie. I feel sick as a dog but i had to have it.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
i got wasted last night watching the spurs win and this morning i feel like a dry, lean goddam sexual tyrannosaurus

Me too, but I was pissed.

I watched the cuts on my back resulting from the loss of water and felt damn good.  8)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!

Not a road you want to go down.  Not good for your health, your social life, your family or your body.  Stay clean and lean.

well said. since i stopped drinking everything is better - my energy levels, and my results. drinking caused alot of stored fat too.

truth is, if u are strict in diet, u can still get drunk once a week and be lean. but ur results would be wayyyyyyy better on all  levels if u dont.

JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Fuck alcohol. Been away from it for like 15 months and i'm improving like mad atm.