Author Topic: A great day in the Mecca  (Read 6224 times)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
A great day in the Mecca
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:04:59 AM »
When I walked into Golds gym for my workout today it solidified to me that the bodybuilding Mecca is still alive contrary to what people say.

I stood and looked around - Gunter, Melvin, Jerome Ferguson and Cormier were all training as were a couple of guys prepping for the USA's. Charles Glass was there as was Greg Merrit from FLEX magazine. On top of that Danny Trejo - check link( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/ )and James Caan were hitting the iron hard. Oh, and baseballer Jose Canseco was also there.

I will be shooting Strydom and Robby Robinson training together there tomorrow and I am guessing that Silvio Samuel and Mike Ergas will also be kicking around the weights pen

Its great to be in the Mecca.......... YEAH!
Deputy Editor

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Re: A great day in the Mecca
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:10:57 AM »
When I walked into Golds gym for my workout today it solidified to me that the bodybuilding Mecca is still alive contrary to what people say.

I stood and looked around - Gunter, Melvin, Jerome Ferguson and Cormier were all training as were a couple of guys prepping for the USA's. Charles Glass was there as was Greg Merrit from FLEX magazine. On top of that Danny Trejo - check link( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/ )and James Caan were hitting the iron hard. Oh, and baseballer Jose Canseco was also there.

I will be shooting Strydom and Robby Robinson training together there tomorrow and I am guessing that Silvio Samuel and Mike Ergas will also be kicking around the weights pen

Chris why do you glorify drug addicts?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 12:11:34 AM »
"Kaged muscle"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »
Chris why do you glorify drug addicts?
hes not a drug addict he prefers suppositories.
i

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 12:19:57 AM »
hes not a drug addict he prefers suppositories.

I'm not calling him a drug addict.  I'm asking why he glorifies them. Other BB magazines do it to make $$$, but this guy does it because he likes it. 

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 12:25:33 AM »
I'm not calling him a drug addict.  I'm asking why he glorifies them. Other BB magazines do it to make $$$, but this guy does it because he likes it. 
he feels special when you put the latex gloves on and load him up with suppositories
i

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »
how can you call them drug addicts.. they are just increasing the amounts of substances already within them...
Hrmmm

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »
how can you call them drug addicts.. they are just increasing the amounts of substances already within them...

That stuff isn't already in them.  It's all synthetic.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:01:31 AM »

That's what most drugs do:

Heroin binds to opiate receptors, just like endorphins.
Cocaine increases dopamine.
Ecstacy increases serotonin.
Xanax increases GABA.
Etc...

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:03:45 AM »
That's what most drugs do:

Heroin binds to opiate receptors, just like endorphins.
Cocaine increases dopamine.
Ecstacy increases serotonin.
Xanax increases GABA.
Etc...

well testosterone derivatives / insulin / hgh are much closer to ther actual analogues in the human body.. those compounds cocaine/exstacy/xanax don't have a close counterpart in the biochemistry of the human body... they just happen to bind to the receptor
Hrmmm

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:04 AM »

sounds great

too bad LEVRONE wasnt there
Z

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 01:14:18 AM »
well testosterone derivatives / insulin / hgh are much closer to ther actual analogues in the human body.. those compounds cocaine/exstacy/xanax don't have a close counterpart in the biochemistry of the human body... they just happen to bind to the receptor

Don't try to justify the use of steroids.  The negative effects are long term while the positive are very temporary.  Maybe you should ask Tom Prince or Don Long...

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 01:15:45 AM »
Don't try to justify the use of steroids.  The negative effects are long term while the positive are very temporary.  Maybe you should ask Tom Prince or Don Long...

I'm very much in favor of the use of steroids... everything in moderation my friend.
Hrmmm

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 01:16:46 AM »
Don't try to justify the use of steroids.  The negative effects are long term while the positive are very temporary.  Maybe you should ask Tom Prince or Don Long...

or lou ferrigno!
Z

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 01:18:56 AM »
or kris dim... but, when it gets down to the nitty gritty of it you have to realise that things like alcohol and overeating cause much more damage and suffering to society than steroids will ever do.
Hrmmm

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 01:19:30 AM »
or lou ferrigno!

Compare Lou's midsection from Pumping Iron to the '93 Olympia.  The guy wreaked a good physique.

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:37 AM »
Compare Lou's midsection from Pumping Iron to the '93 Olympia.  The guy wreaked a good physique.

that's what happens when people age...
Hrmmm

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »
or kris dim... but, when it gets down to the nitty gritty of it you have to realise that things like alcohol and overeating cause much more damage and suffering to society than steroids will ever do.

It's absurd to compare steroids to those things.  Give steroids to a similar sized demographic and see which group has serious health problems first.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 01:27:14 AM »
That sounds like a pretty good day at the Mecca. Wish I was there.
a

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 01:28:37 AM »
that's what happens when people age...

Yes their stomachs instantly become bloated while still having abs...

Just like this middle aged wide waist...

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 01:30:04 AM »
It's absurd to compare steroids to those things.  Give steroids to a similar sized demographic and see which group has serious health problems first.

approximately fifty percent of the population is on testosterone... and there is a large natural variation amongst that group. I bet the average man will experience no ill health effects with a ~30% increase in testosterone
Hrmmm

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 01:30:54 AM »
50%?

Source?

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 01:31:41 AM »
50%?

Source?

well approximately 50% of people are male.
Hrmmm

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 01:35:21 AM »
well approximately 50% of people are male.

OIC what you're saying.

You don't think there are any negative side effects in the long run with a 30% increase?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 01:35:37 AM »

The human body didn't evolve to have massive quantities of these drugs present in the system. Hence the side effects. Steroid abusers have to take a multitude of other drugs to cope with the side effects of steroids such as nolvadex, clomid, blood pressure meds, baldness meds (anti DHT), acne meds, etc, etc etc. These ancillary drugs sure aren't natural and are detrimental to ones health over time.