Author Topic: Who was the football player that  (Read 2799 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Who was the football player that
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:32:33 AM »
wrote some of the opposing teams number on his handtowel during a game and proceeded to smash some of them to the ground?

Was that Lawrence Taylor?

If not, who was it please?  Thank you :)
R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Who was the football player that
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
bump :)
R

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »
Tim Harris. Played between the years 1986-1994.

Played for the Green Bay Packers and later with the 49ers. He's the guy that slammed Jim Mcmahon during his rookie year after a failed sack attempt and seperated his shoulder. Rang up a lot of sacks during his career. Had well over 100 career sacks if I'm not mistaken. Played linebacker for the Packers for about 5 years and later became a defensive end for the 49ers.

He was the guy who was miked up and said during a game "C'mon! This ain't a tennis match!!"

I don't claim to know everything but I'm pretty sure this the guy. Can anybody confirm or disagree with my opinion?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 07:09:07 AM »
Thanks UP....

Al-Gebra said it was Charles Martin so I looked it up using Jim McMahon in the search (thanks to you) and he was right.  I'm looking for a pic of Charles wearing his towel if you happen to ever come along something like that.

(from answers.com)
Before a typically hard-fought contest against the Green Bay Packers in November, Packers defensive lineman Charles Martin proudly displayed a handtowel in warmups with the numbers of Bears stars listed on it, and claimed it was a "hit list" for the game. Martin was allowed to wear the towel in the game, and after a McMahon interception he sauntered over to the quarterback from behind, grabbed him and body slammed him into the rock-hard artificial turf. Pandemonium ensued as the play was one of the most blatantly illegal in NFL history. Bears players attended to the stunned and injured McMahon as fights broke out and Martin was ejected. The crowd and the Bears players and staff were incensed, and the Packers' bravado began to falter. McMahon suffered a separated shoulder which ended his season. The war-like Bears defense showed no mercy on the ensuing drive, as the Packers suffered losses on three consecutive plays, then sustained a blocked punt resulting in a touchdown. The Bears went on to win the game.

R

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:33:36 AM »

Played for the Green Bay Packers and later with the 49ers. He's the guy that slammed Jim Mcmahon during his rookie year after a failed sack attempt and seperated his shoulder. Rang up a lot of sacks during his career. Had well over 100 career sacks if I'm not mistaken. Played linebacker for the Packers for about 5 years and later became a defensive end for the 49ers.

He was the guy who was miked up and said during a game "C'mon! This ain't a tennis match!!"

I don't claim to know everything but I'm pretty sure this the guy. Can anybody confirm or disagree with my opinion?

Tim Harris was also a bum who played for the Eagles the season after the Eagles lost Reggie White. I think I had more sacks and a better chance at playing the run than he did.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 03:47:32 AM »

I currently work with Robert Brown who was Tim's workout partner and bunk mate at Green Bay. He's still big at 6'4" 325lbs. Rob and I talk a lot about "oldschool" football.