Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 317270 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
Or maybe because I let them say goodbye before we took him to the vets they knew he was gone? He didn't just disappear, they saw that he was gone. And they each had the other 2 still, so I don't know.   :-\
That is possible.  My Rocky knew when I was sick and he was totally different around me and to me after my surgery and even after my radiation treatment.
:D Weee

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »
My cat had to be put to sleep last Friday.
Made a little tribute slide show for her. I miss her terribly...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

So sorry to hear about your kitty  :'(
It says the video is no longer available  :-\
:

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »

So sorry to hear about your kitty  :'(
It says the video is no longer available  :-\

I think youtube was having maintenance. Should be okay now.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2009, 06:39:54 AM »

So sorry about Hendrix, Joel. :(

Looks like he was very loved.  How old was he?

Did he used to take naps on the toilet?  Cute!
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2009, 07:08:44 AM »
I had thought they would be always looking for him.  Maybe they just don't understand.   :-[

Dogs don't think like human beings.

They don't "miss" other dogs or persons.

If you're gone tomorrow, your dog won't miss you, that's the truth.

If there's a good trainer taking care of your dog when you're gone, you won't be missed.

That's just the way it is.

The dog does recognize you however, but recognizing and missing someone is two different things.
As empty as paradise

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »
So sorry about Hendrix, Joel. :(

Looks like he was very loved.  How old was he?

Did he used to take naps on the toilet?  Cute!
It was a she.  :)

We had her when she was already around 9-12 yrs old. She was a stray. We had her for a little over 5 years. She was the sweetest cat. She would actually come to you when you call her and want nothing more than just your affection. She didn't always want treats (like most pets) she just wanted your company. She was content laying on your lap petting her til she fell asleep.
She had multiple health problems (probably from being a stray most her life, although she was spayed when we got her) like heart murmur and overactive thyroid. We knew right away that her time was short, but it is still difficult to cope with her loss. It's sad but I've dealt with the loss of my grandparents and uncle better than this. I know that sounds horrible but that's the truth. I was much closer to this cat than some of my family members.

Yeah, she took naps on the toilet seat (and everywhere else).

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »

But how can you say this with such certainty Hedge?  We had a dog pass and the other one definitely seemed to grieve.  She was still getting the same (or more) exercise...and lots of love and attention...but when we were relaxing watching TV or something she would make some pretty sad sounds.  She was very vocal....She also kind of moped around.  After we got a new puppy that all stopped after a while.

I wish they didn't grieve or miss us.  But I really think they do.

It was a she.  :)

We had her when she was already around 9-12 yrs old. She was a stray. We had her for a little over 5 years. She was the sweetest cat. She would actually come to you when you call her and want nothing more than just your affection. She didn't always want treats (like most pets) she just wanted your company. She was content laying on your lap petting her til she fell asleep.
She had multiple health problems (probably from being a stray most her life, although she was spayed when we got her) like heart murmur and overactive thyroid. We knew right away that her time was short, but it is still difficult to cope with her loss. It's sad but I've dealt with the loss of my grandparents and uncle better than this. I know that sounds horrible but that's the truth. I was much closer to this cat than some of my family members.

Yeah, she took naps on the toilet seat (and everywhere else).

Joel, thanks for giving Hendrix such good years at the end of her life.

I understand the difficulty of coping w/losing a pet and it seeming more painful than some family members dying.  I don't think you should feel guilty or weird about that.  You lived w/that cat...probably not w/your Grandparents.  She was a part of every one of your days and probably always in a positive way.

Hang in there Joel...each day will become a little less painful.  Take care.

R

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »
thanks, stella. you are too kind.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2009, 04:18:45 AM »
Sorry for your loss Joel, it's always hard when a pet goes.   :'(

:)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:24 AM »
Sorry for your loss Joel, it's always hard when a pet goes.   :'(

thank you, rip. it gets a little easier each day.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »

If there's a good trainer taking care of your dog when you're gone, you won't be missed.

That's just the way it is.

The dog does recognize you however, but recognizing and missing someone is two different things.

Hmmm....disagree with this to some degree.

An animal in some instances (or most) has better senses.  I've seen when an animal in a pack of dogs die, the others react aware of the situation.  The become more calm, ears down, & heads lowered.  As humans we label them as being sad.  Now I don't think they're crying over their lost companion, but they do sense "loss".  Sure, it's not like humans where is goes for weeks or months....but I have seen on my own accord lasting a couple days.  It's more of a 'displaced' sense of behaviour.

Also, I know again from personal experience that when i was a kid growing up, my dog would sit in the window & would not leave until I came home.  If I went some where from a couple days to a week, the dog would continue to do that until I came home.  My parents would describe the dog as having a loss of appetite & wouldn't move from the window.  Now sure, not all animals do this & my current dog does not do this.  But how can you be so positive that dogs don't do this unless you've seen it first hand?  When I let for the Marines, my dog did this for the first week or so & then 'forgot' as you would say.  But when I came home to visit 6 months later or 1 year later, she sure was happy to see me.  So much so when I left again, she would sit in that window waiting for another week or so.

How do you explain this?  When you do, let me know because I never could.  It wasn't something I taught this dog.  It's just when you say "dogs" don't do this, I can understand because it's not typical, but also it's not 100% accurate.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »

RIP little Koolie-Bear  :'(

He was a g/f's little 14 year old Pom.  Sassy, frisky and adorable.  When he was a puppy, her husband accidentally ran over his tail.  They had it amputated and he did fine.  Over this past year or so his hearing and eyesight were declining, but he still acted like a puppy.  She came home last night and didn't see him and accidentally ran over him in her garage  :'( :'( :'(  His hips were broken and surgery really wasn't a realistic option.  Her 12 year old daughter was in the truck with her.  Tragic.

I don't have any pictures of him, but he looked like this.

:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
So sorry for your friend's tragic loss Princess.   :'(   Horrible for everyone when accidents happen. 

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »
what a horrible story.  :-[

sorry for your loss...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about the accident.

Man, that must be horrific to run over your own dog. I almost reversed over Dakota the other day. Looked in the rear vision mirror as i was slowly going back, and just saw the tip of his black tail behind the car. I yelled at him and he ran inside sulking, so i felt really bad. Freaks the shit out of you though, if i was rushing i would have gone right over him most likely  :(
No doubt about it...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2009, 06:57:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about Koolie-Bear  :'(  (great name btw)

R

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2009, 04:21:12 AM »
Too many stories like that...sorry Princess L :(
:)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
Tanktank, I am sad to say  has passed on.  He was the best friend I ever had.  He was 80% blind and fully retarded due to a parasite in his brain at an early age.   He never barked, growled or bit anyone, and only brought joy to everyones path he crossed.  He was quite a character and will be missed, but had an absolutely fantastic life.  He passed away naturally due to age. 

Alex23

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
I found all my pet rabbits dead this morning.

No fucking clue what happened... but someone will pay  >:(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »
Holy crap.........that sucks Alex.

Looks like someone poisoned them. Would that be possible?

Shit like that pisses me right off. Some people....... >:(
No doubt about it...

Alex23

« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »
Holy crap.........that sucks Alex.
Looks like someone poisoned them. Would that be possible?
Shit like that pisses me right off. Some people....... >:(

Flashbacks coming in slowly... this may be related:

Just picked up a 8 shot semi-auto shotgun yesterday... ;D .. shit, the wife is out of town.. plotting as we speak to hide my 1500$ "purchase"...

I'm teaching a class in Otay Mesa for Blackwater in 3 weeks; hence justified...

???

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2009, 01:53:54 AM »

Flashbacks coming in slowly... this may be related:

???

They don't look to have been shot. No blood or anything.
No doubt about it...

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
thats gotta be poisoning Alex---shoot the fuckers who did it