Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 317248 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »
Oh NO... :(

I'm terribly sorry, flower.   :'( :'( :'(

:)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2008, 10:10:56 AM »
So Sorry, Flower.   :'(

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
thoughts and prayers Flower! :(
X

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2008, 12:21:06 PM »
The Rainbow Bridge
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. 

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other. 

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play doing zoomies like a silly boy until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes from the group are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group. 

You have been seen, and when you and your friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never to be separated again. 

Author unknown

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »
R

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »
Damn, I hate seeing this thread bumped........

Sorry to hear this ~flower~.

:'(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2008, 04:05:04 AM »
sorry flower. :'(

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2008, 07:17:20 AM »
I'm so sorry Flower,  :'(
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2008, 07:22:03 AM »
Thanks everyone, I still can't believe he is gone.  My heart knew the night before that he wasn't going to be with me the next morning. I don't know how, but I looked at him and saw I was losing him.  I didn't think it was true and thought it was me just being dramatic, but I guess not.  Maybe he knew and was letting me know, or I was picking up on it somehow.   I think he went peacefully in his sleep or quickly, so I am thankful for that.   6 1/2 years was not long enough to be blessed by my silly boy Emmett, the sensitive big guy who would hide his head in my lap like he was trying to be a little dog.  The silly boy who would break into zoomies in the backyard, and try and catch the water spraying from the hose. I could go on, but it breaks my heart.

Here is how I will remember him, be at peace my silly boy Emmett, I love you.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
OMG ~flower~  :o
I am so so sorry  :'(  What happened?  Did I miss something regarding his recent health?  :-\

I know hearing "you gave him a great life, etc." doesn't make it any easier, but you did!  How are the others taking his absence?

RIP big fella  :-*

I don't mean to be morbid or anything, but...  :-\
given his size... What did you do with him? 

:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2008, 06:09:44 AM »
Thanks Princess, I think his heart gave out.  I did not have a necropsy done so I don't know the exact cause. I don't think he suffered.  I looked in his eyes the night before and had the feeling in my heart that I was watching him leave me, but my head said I was being melodramatic.  Maybe that is how it was supposed to be, he didn't want to linger for months and just wanted to be at home?  I am trying to think that way, that that is how it was supposed to be.  With the help of some good friends I am trying to think positive and that he is okay where he is.   It will be a long time before I feel like I am not thinking of him 24/7. 

He is being cremated and the ashes returned to me, I did the same with the ferrets except it obviously costs more with a dog his size.   I had some friends come over to help me move him and get him to the vets.  I do have a freind who has some land and she had one of her Danes buried on the property. I do not have that kind of land and hope to one day move from this house and want my furkids with me.  (I plan to be buried with them after I am cremated) 

RIP My Emmett   10/18/2001 - 05/28/2008   Forever in My Heart

Me and Emmett and my niece (from the infamous go-kart series  ::)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
Fucking Hell Amy!!!

I'm sitting here trying to write this message to you, but im getting all teary eyed because i know what you are going through right now!!
I'm so sorry for your loss ....
Still i'm glad Emmett was given the opertunity to go over the rainbow bridge while being a sleep.
As you know not every dog gets that advantage....

I wish you lots of strenght in the near future... and my thoughts are with you and the rest of the gang..

...EM
?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2008, 04:10:50 AM »
Sorry to be late, I just saw this, my condolences ~Flower~

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2008, 05:41:25 AM »
  GOD I HATE THIS THREAD. This is one thread you just hate to see a new post. :(

sorry for your loss.

w8m8

« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »
oh no  :'(
I'm so very sorry ~flower~

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
I am so sorry Flower.  :'(

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »
I haven't been to the pet board in a while and just read this... I'm very sorry for your loss Amy. It's always very hard to loose a family member. You are in my thoughts.
and keep moving!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »
Thanks everyone, I still can't believe he is gone.  My heart knew the night before that he wasn't going to be with me the next morning. I don't know how, but I looked at him and saw I was losing him.  I didn't think it was true and thought it was me just being dramatic, but I guess not.  Maybe he knew and was letting me know, or I was picking up on it somehow.   I think he went peacefully in his sleep or quickly, so I am thankful for that.   6 1/2 years was not long enough to be blessed by my silly boy Emmett, the sensitive big guy who would hide his head in my lap like he was trying to be a little dog.  The silly boy who would break into zoomies in the backyard, and try and catch the water spraying from the hose. I could go on, but it breaks my heart.

Here is how I will remember him, be at peace my silly boy Emmett, I love you.

im sorry to hear of your loss flower i know when mine was sick you would always email an ask how she was doin. emmett could not have asked for more attention for more love for more happiness. he could not have asked for a better family. my thoughts are with you.

~weed~

« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »
Thanks everyone, sorry I haven't thanked you sooner.   Still hard to believe my silly boy is gone.   I still wait for him to come inside sometimes, or if I look really quick I think I see him. 

You are right Dave, losing a family member is hard.  People who think pets are no big deal are really missing out.

Everyone hug your furkids, it seems like the "someday" that they will leave us is always so far away, and then one day it IS "someday". 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2008, 02:29:14 PM »
Happy Birthday to my Emmett who would have been 7 today.

I miss you everyday my silly boy. I love you.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »
Happy birthday to Emmett - RIP

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
Flower...how did your other babies handle Emmett absence (I say absence not disrespectfully, but because I don't know if they actually know/understand what happened)?

~weed~

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »
The other 3 didn't seem to really show any signs of being different than normal.  The first couple days maybe, but I was not myself so I am not sure it they were reacting to me or to Emmett being gone?  I think if I only had two dogs and then their was just one, that dog might be more affected?  I think out of all of them Tad is the one who would not like to be an only dog. I think the other 3 (now 2) would be fine as only dogs. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
The other 3 didn't seem to really show any signs of being different than normal.  The first couple days maybe, but I was not myself so I am not sure it they were reacting to me or to Emmett being gone?  I think if I only had two dogs and then their was just one, that dog might be more affected?  I think out of all of them Tad is the one who would not like to be an only dog. I think the other 3 (now 2) would be fine as only dogs. 
I had thought they would be always looking for him.  Maybe they just don't understand.   :-[

~weed~

« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2008, 05:20:48 PM »
I had thought they would be always looking for him.  Maybe they just don't understand.   :-[

Or maybe because I let them say goodbye before we took him to the vets they knew he was gone? He didn't just disappear, they saw that he was gone. And they each had the other 2 still, so I don't know.   :-\