Author Topic: Any body watch soaps?  (Read 3512 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Any body watch soaps?
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »
Anybody here watch soap operas?

Guys, feel free to spill your secret.

I tape The Young and the Restless every day and watch it at night.  A girl I worked with years ago got me hooked, we would watch it at lunch.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Any body watch soaps?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »
No, don't watch soaps but we used to Watch Young and The Restless a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago.

These were some people I remember:

Ashly
Victor
Nikki
Andy
Jill
John
Cricket
And I think Rebecca Romjin's ex-husband was on there too?
R

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »
I watch 'The Office US' which is like a soap...

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »
I have at one time or another watched,

Dallas
Dynasty
Days of our lives,
sunset beach
the bold and the beautiful
eldorado
crossroards
prisoner cell block h
Neighbours
home and away
brookside
eastenders
coronation street
emmerdale farm (not "emmerdale")

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »
I have at one time or another watched,

Dallas
Dynasty
Days of our lives,
sunset beach
the bold and the beautiful
eldorado
crossroards
prisoner cell block h
Neighbours
home and away
brookside
eastenders
coronation street
emmerdale farm (not "emmerdale")

OMG!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 02:14:35 AM »
Some soaps are worth watching:

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 02:47:52 AM »
I've been watching Days of Our Lives for 25 years now.

Lisa

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 02:54:41 AM »
One of my biggest irritations are soaps >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:04 AM »
My Aunt used to watch the Y & R. She would tape them everyday, and when she found time, she'd relax in her sewing room and play the tapes sequentially. Sometimes she'd fall behind tho, ...but she would have it on tape.

It was hilarious, ...when she retired from nursing in 1996 she was able to start watching more regularly.

By that point she was 4 years behind, ...but she had them all taped. I think by now she's caught up to date.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 04:09:16 AM »
No, don't watch soaps but we used to Watch Young and The Restless a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago.

These were some people I remember:

Ashly
Victor
Nikki
Andy
Jill
John
Cricket
And I think Rebecca Romjin's ex-husband was on there too?

John was on 'General Hospital' as was Demi Moore
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 07:26:20 AM »
Ashley - still on, though she has been on hiatus for a bit
Victor - still there, but I think he may be leaving, his is off somewhere right now
Nikki - married to Victor (again!) and running for Senate
Andy -  no clue who this is
Jill -  Still on, had son with John, divorced, recently found out that her other son who she thought had died had been switched at birth by Katherine and she found her biological son recently.  And Katherine is Jills mother!!! 
John - died last year but still shows up as a ghost and talks to Jack who is also running for Senate
Cricket- Christine, is still on, but they never show her?  She has a law firm with Michael Baldwin who is marred to Lauren Fenmore now.  They recently finally killed Sheila after she twice went after Lauren and Scotty. 

The Newman Kids are all grown up.  Nick is presumed dead in a plane crash but he has actually survived.   He married a girl named Sharon.  They recently got divorced and Sharon is married to Jack now.   ::)  Victoria was married and is now getting divorced from Brad Carlton. 

I think it takes a good year to figure out a soap!!  So I just keep watching!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
Anybody here watch soap operas?

Guys, feel free to spill your secret.

I tape The Young and the Restless every day and watch it at night.  A girl I worked with years ago got me hooked, we would watch it at lunch.

Not since grade 11 when Marlena was possessed by the devil  :-\

PB

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:13 AM »
Ashley - still on, though she has been on hiatus for a bit
Victor - still there, but I think he may be leaving, his is off somewhere right now
Nikki - married to Victor (again!) and running for Senate
Andy -  no clue who this is
Jill -  Still on, had son with John, divorced, recently found out that her other son who she thought had died had been switched at birth by Katherine and she found her biological son recently.  And Katherine is Jills mother!!! 
John - died last year but still shows up as a ghost and talks to Jack who is also running for Senate
Cricket- Christine, is still on, but they never show her?  She has a law firm with Michael Baldwin who is marred to Lauren Fenmore now.  They recently finally killed Sheila after she twice went after Lauren and Scotty. 

The Newman Kids are all grown up.  Nick is presumed dead in a plane crash but he has actually survived.   He married a girl named Sharon.  They recently got divorced and Sharon is married to Jack now.   ::)  Victoria was married and is now getting divorced from Brad Carlton. 

I think it takes a good year to figure out a soap!!  So I just keep watching!!

Katherine Chancellor is Jill's mother?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 
Now there's a story twist and a half! How did this little circumstance come about? Have they made peace?
Y & R is the only soap where if you miss it for a month, the story line is all changed. I haven't watched in years.
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »
Katherine Chancellor is Jill's mother?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 
Now there's a story twist and a half! How did this little circumstance come about? Have they made peace?
Y & R is the only soap where if you miss it for a month, the story line is all changed. I haven't watched in years.

I guess Katherine had an affair sometime when her and Phillip were separated and she got pregnant with Jill and gave her up. So mother and daughter married the same man and had kids by him!! This was all found out when Jill's son with John, Billy, was going to marry Katherine's son's daughter (that he just was united with) MacKenzie.  Thankfully Mac was a virgin because they got the test results the day of the wedding and actually let them know at their honeymoon suite!!  They hadn't said anything to them in case they weren't sure.  So the cousins got married and almost consummated it!   It took some time but Kay and Jill got close.  Jill had already moved into the estate claiming it as rightfully half hers because of Philip Sr., so they had to deal with each other daily.    It came out a few months ago that Katherine had flashbacks about a baby and she realized that when she was really drunk like she was back then, that she had taken Jill's baby by Phillip and switched it with another baby.  So the Philip Jill raised and who died in the car crash was not Jill's biological son.  They did find her real son, but no clue where the replacement Philip came from at this time.  So Jill found out that she has a son she didn't know about. Thought they have left a few hints that this new Phillip or Kane, may not be on the up and up, so who knows if the writers will twist it. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 09:56:08 AM »
I guess Katherine had an affair sometime when her and Phillip were separated and she got pregnant with Jill and gave her up. So mother and daughter married the same man and had kids by him!! This was all found out when Jill's son with John, Billy, was going to marry Katherine's son's daughter (that he just was united with) MacKenzie.  Thankfully Mac was a virgin because they got the test results the day of the wedding and actually let them know at their honeymoon suite!!  They hadn't said anything to them in case they weren't sure.  So the cousins got married and almost consummated it!   It took some time but Kay and Jill got close.  Jill had already moved into the estate claiming it as rightfully half hers because of Philip Sr., so they had to deal with each other daily.    It came out a few months ago that Katherine had flashbacks about a baby and she realized that when she was really drunk like she was back then, that she had taken Jill's baby by Phillip and switched it with another baby.  So the Philip Jill raised and who died in the car crash was not Jill's biological son.  They did find her real son, but no clue where the replacement Philip came from at this time.  So Jill found out that she has a son she didn't know about. Thought they have left a few hints that this new Phillip or Kane, may not be on the up and up, so who knows if the writers will twist it. 

Ok, believe-it-or-not, ...this is starting to make sense. Jill would have to be the product of an affair. There is no way they would have Jill marrying her own father. Marrying her mother's husband and having a child by him is pushing the envelope far enough, ...but I don't think day-time tv is ready for an incest story line. The writers did a pretty good job of tie-ing together the years of animosity Kay & Jill had for each other tho.

Good grief, ...could you imagine if Brad Carlton turned out to be Jill's long lost son?

Scratch that, ...Jill had an affair with him when he was just the hunky shirtless pool-boy.

What about that guy who used to be Sheila's accomplice, ...the one who helped her torment Lauren Fenmore yrs ago ...did they ever kill him off, ...or did he just drop out of sight ... or move to the B & B?

...and what ever happened to Traci, ...did she eventually kick her habit, ...or is she locked up in a fat farm somewhere screaming bloody murder 'cause she can only eat a 2"2 piece of lettuce along with 4 carrot sticks?
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
Ok, believe-it-or-not, ...this is starting to make sense. Jill would have to be the product of an affair. There is no way they would have Jill marrying her own father. Marrying her mother's husband and having a child by him is pushing the envelope far enough, ...but I don't think day-time tv is ready for an incest story line. The writers did a pretty good job of tie-ing together the years of animosity Kay & Jill had for each other tho.

Good grief, ...could you imagine if Brad Carlton turned out to be Jill's long lost son?

Scratch that, ...Jill had an affair with him when he was just the hunky shirtless pool-boy.

What about that guy who used to be Sheila's accomplice, ...the one who helped her torment Lauren Fenmore yrs ago ...did they ever kill him off, ...or did he just drop out of sight ... or move to the B & B?

...and what ever happened to Traci, ...did she eventually kick her habit, ...or is she locked up in a fat farm somewhere screaming bloody murder 'cause she can only eat a 2"2 piece of lettuce along with 4 carrot sticks?

I missed the first Sheila escapades so don't know about her accomplice.  She managed to convince a women to get plastic surgery to look like her and that woman took her place and was locked up and drugged up in a mental hospital.    Then she went and found Scotty who lives in Toronto and befriended him.   Scotty came to visit Lauren and meet Michael and eventually Sheila was found out and tried to kill Lauren.  Of course Lauren got away and they thought Sheila was dead but she wasn't.  Lauren and Michael had a baby and Sheila came back to try and kidnap that baby.  This time she had plastic surgery to look like Phyllis Abbot Newman (who is now married to Nick Newman, she was the one who had the baby with Danny and it turned out it wasn't his baby and he got custody of lil Daniel).  Paul Williams discovered her plan and kept her locked in the cage that she had set up to keep Lauren in the baby in.   Of course she managed to escape and took the real Phyllis and her baby, as well as Lauren's baby hostage and was going to kill Phyllis and take the babies.  Lauren found out where they were and in a very tense situation had to figure out who was the fake Phyliss and shot and killed her.   I don't see how they can bring Sheila back again. 

Traci live in NY with Steve. Colleen has been back living in Genoa City and going to school.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
  I missed the first Sheila escapades so don't know about her accomplice.  She managed to convince a women to get plastic surgery to look like her and that woman took her place and was locked up and drugged up in a mental hospital.    Then she went and found Scotty who lives in Toronto and befriended him.   Scotty came to visit Lauren and meet Michael and eventually Sheila was found out and tried to kill Lauren.  Of course Lauren got away and they thought Sheila was dead but she wasn't.  Lauren and Michael had a baby and Sheila came back to try and kidnap that baby.  This time she had plastic surgery to look like Phyllis Abbot Newman (who is now married to Nick Newman, she was the one who had the baby with Danny and it turned out it wasn't his baby and he got custody of lil Daniel).  Paul Williams discovered her plan and kept her locked in the cage that she had set up to keep Lauren in the baby in.   Of course she managed to escape and took the real Phyllis and her baby, as well as Lauren's baby hostage and was going to kill Phyllis and take the babies.  Lauren found out where they were and in a very tense situation had to figure out who was the fake Phyliss and shot and killed her.   I don't see how they can bring Sheila back again. 

Traci live in NY with Steve. Colleen has been back living in Genoa City and going to school.

What is with that Sheila and other people's babies?!  >:(

It's been 20 years and she's STILL stealing other people's babies. Enough already!

Poor Tasha and Newmom are probably panicking after reading this thread.

Paul Williams locked her in a cage? He's getting mean in his old age. Now if that'd been Gina, ...she'd have offed her.
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 10:26:40 AM »
What is with that Sheila and other people's babies?!  >:(

It's been 20 years and she's STILL stealing other people's babies. Enough already!

Poor Tasha and Newmom are probably panicking after reading this thread.

Paul Williams locked her in a cage? He's getting mean in his old age. Now if that'd been Gina, ...she'd have offed her.

He locked her in the cage she had made to keep Lauren and the baby in.  He didn't turn her in to the police because she always escapes, so he had her there for a few months before she did escape.   Great plan Paul, you are going to keep her locked in a cage and take care of her the rest of her life?  He should of just killed her!!  He said he couldn't do that.   ::)

Some of the stories these soaps come up with!
  ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 10:34:11 AM »
And Katherine is Jills mother!!! 
!!

Is Katherine the older lady that had an actual face-lift on the show years ago?

Lauren and Scotty. 
color]
OK I remember Lauren...didn't she have red hair and nice big chompers?

And Scotty was a bad seed w/blonde hair?

btw, lol @ this thread
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 10:38:06 AM »
Is Katherine the older lady that had an actual face-lift on the show years ago?

OK I remember Lauren...didn't she have red hair and nice big chompers?

And Scotty was a bad seed w/blonde hair?

btw, lol @ this thread

Yes, that is Katherine and Lauren, Lauren was on B&B too.   I think you are thinking of Scotty on General Hospital.  Scotty is Laurens son.