Author Topic: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video  (Read 5518 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
Don't know if this was posted but it's a video of Heath training and posing 1 week before the arnold. (He starts posing about half way through) He definitely looks better than he did at the Arnold but still no where near as good as was claimed on this forum.

http://www.flexonline.com/news/221

WetWorker

Re: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:51:03 PM »
I think he gets gifts at top level shows.  He looks great don't get me wrong but other people look alot better and wayyyyyyyyy thicker

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »
I think he gets gifts at top level shows.  He looks great don't get me wrong but other people look alot better and wayyyyyyyyy thicker

Such as....

WetWorker

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
He has great arms and shoulders and that is it.  He need back chest and legs.  Branch warren gustavo badell Marcus Ruhl way better IMO

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »
Phil seems like a good guy, reminds me a lot of Larry Scott. Freaky arms and shoulders, but narrow bone stucture which by nature will limit his back and sgoulder width.

WetWorker

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »
He might be a great guy and will prolly do well in the future but I think he is 40-50 pounds behind alot of the poeple in the line up

affy

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 01:36:10 PM »
you know you workout at a hardcore gym when....

they play Hillary Duff...SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
See i only just see that MAYBE, MAYBE, breaking the top 10. Just off the top of your head guys ahead of him

cutler
ronnie
victor
dexter
freeman
wolf
Gunter?
Ruhl
James?
Anthony
Warren?
Badell ?
Taylor (when in shape).
And im sure ive missed a few

Just aint nowhere big enough

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
See i only just see that MAYBE, MAYBE, breaking the top 10. Just off the top of your head guys ahead of him

cutler
ronnie
victor
dexter
freeman
wolf
Gunter?
Ruhl
James?
Anthony
Warren?
Badell ?
Taylor (when in shape).

P.s. but i do think he got potenitial, but he need atleast another 25lb to compete with the top, and i dont know if his frame would hold it right

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »
you know you workout at a hardcore gym when....

they play Hillary Duff...SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

How did you know it was hillary duff?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 03:09:19 PM »
Poor man's Flex

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 10:48:17 PM »
you guys don't know jack shit if you think he didn't deserve his placing

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:26:16 PM »
he is the most genetically gifted bber in the pro's currently, but he does need to add some thickness to his entire frame. Give him time he just turned pro! Wait tell his in his mid 30's, if he's still very narrow, then count him out..

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:27 PM »
he is the most genetically gifted bber in the pro's currently, but he does need to add some thickness to his entire frame. Give him time he just turned pro! Wait tell his in his mid 30's, if he's still very narrow, then count him out..

Phil definitely has great genetics, but I would not rate him as the most gifted of the current pros. There are many above him at the moment. Of course that does not mean that he isn't a great BBer. I know that I rag on Issac (only when he deserves it) at times and I also know that Phil reads this board and I would not ever put Phil down, so when I critique someones physique it is purely that.

Here's the way I see it. Phil needs step on stage at the Olympia with at least another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle to do some damage. He took a long time off between the Colorado to the AC and was not any bigger as far as I could tell. I saw him guest pose at the Pittsburgh and he actually looked pretty small. So he seems to have failed again to go into the growing phase between shows. The offseason is when you put on size and Phil is too new to the sport to be laying off between shows when he needs to put on quality size.  I am talking about 10 to 15 pounds of quality muscle that he should have put on between his first two shows. At this stage and I could be wrong, I do not see Phil coming into the Olympia looking that much different. Phil has great conditioning so the only real changes are going to be adding muscle.

THE AUSSIE GIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 01:32:15 AM »
anyone who thinks that Phil didn't deserve his place at the Arnold classic is a moron. Everyone knows Phil is only a baby and has only been training for 4 years or so. Give him another 4 and watch out.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 05:56:23 AM »
anyone who thinks that Phil didn't deserve his place at the Arnold classic is a moron. Everyone knows Phil is only a baby and has only been training for 4 years or so. Give him another 4 and watch out.

what does how many years of training have to do with anything?
Here comes the money shot

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 07:45:26 AM »
Great physique.  Imagine if he had wider clavicles.  Unfortunately he is too narrow to be a threat to the top 5 in the sport.  Needs more thickness as well. 

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »
Quality over quantity. Phil should have won the ASC. He doesn't need to change a thing but due to judging he will destroy his physique like many others before him.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 04:36:19 PM »
what does how many years of training have to do with anything?

everything. 8)

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »

cutler
ronnie
victor
dexter
freeman
wolf
Gunter?
Ruhl
James?
Anthony
Warren?
Badell ?
Taylor (when in shape).

i thought i beat some of these guys? c'mon now, this makes no sense.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 04:42:18 PM »
phil heath top 6 all day. Especially if its a 2 day event. his chances of holding conditioning overnight are much better then a few named in that list imo
-

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 04:49:28 PM »

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »
Don't know if this was posted but it's a video of Heath training and posing 1 week before the arnold. (He starts posing about half way through) He definitely looks better than he did at the Arnold but still no where near as good as was claimed on this forum.

http://www.flexonline.com/news/221

HOW DO U PROPNOUNCE UR FUCKING NAME

Don R Hummy?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »
everything. 8)

Phil..this is my favorite pic of you..inspiration of us naturals. do you have any more from this show?....I like my chest more ;D

I get the sense that you are going to ruin a good thing by packing on too much weight too soon...watch the mid section
Here comes the money shot

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 05:40:38 PM »
To put on such muscle in a short time makes him a genetic superior.  He also has the right fullness and shape to the muscle.  His conditioning is top notch.

Weakneses are like disgusted said:  Larry scott frame.   But he is smart enough to take the path of Richard jones if the judging doesnt change.

Has more oppurtunities to make money thru other endeavours, and shouldnt risk a liver or kidneys for this sub culture sport......Knows when to say when, I think.