Author Topic: .  (Read 8499 times)

Herc

• Getbig II
Re: Ab Photos - mr. get big 2007???
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
It on this pic forum just look down for my name it called herc at 160lbs or something like that.  I dont know if ill enter. Im not sure if I want to do all the dieting and tanning stuff but ill consider.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
It on this pic forum just look down for my name it called herc at 160lbs or something like that.  I dont know if ill enter. Im not sure if I want to do all the dieting and tanning stuff but ill consider.

You look good man. Great abs. Good luck to you.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
Lats and Calves

Quads

my upper legs lack some size, but im working on it, so hopefully they will improve.  that guy meatusheadus has pretty good leg development.  what does he do for legs?

We focus his leg workouts around heavy squats, of course he does hacks, presses, extensions etc. But he got most of his size from squatting.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »
whats his diet like danielson?

offseason and when trying to cut?

He eats very clean and gains about 30 pounds in the winter, trying to gain about 2 or 3 pounds of muscle a year in the process. Seeing as how he only needs to lose about 20 to 25 pounds for this contest we may start cutting him 10 weeks out, but most likely will start slowly at 12 before getting really strict at 10. We really haven't decided yet.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 03:27:00 AM »
thx, i should have clarified though, i was wonder 'what' he eats.  carbs, protein, fats, ect.  during offseason and competition.

Oh, I don't know. I am assuming a lot? I just train him, I have no clue what he eats specifically. I'll see if he can answer these questions for you when he logs back on.
E

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 09:35:38 AM »
I have several different diet strategies.  None too complicated but some of the theorys surrounding them get lengthy.  Here are just a couple of thoughts. My off season diet usually starts at the same time NFL training camps do.  It gives me a goal to look forward to and a break from the long drudge of spring/summer dieting.  At this time I cut out all aerobics and eat everything I can get my hands on with emphasis on the best quality macronutrients first.  I still try to avoid the worst of the worst foods like fast food, but if I can't get my hand on 12 chicken breasts then thowing down a couple of medium pizzas is not out of the question.  After 20 some years of nutrition work I'm a firm believer that we have come a long way in the area of nutritional knowledge but that there is still a lot to learn.  I like to error on the side of caution and try to give my body every possible calorie that it might need in order to have the most intense workouts and the greatest chance to add a pound, or maybe even 2 pounds of muscle over the winter months.  The margin for error with drug free training to gain even a pound of muscle (for me anyway) is small so I like to ensure I get plenty of calories during the heavy months.

I'll try to get back on later today and let you know some of my thoughts on getting and staying lean.  Thanks for the question.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 12:37:09 PM »
I have several different diet strategies.  None too complicated but some of the theorys surrounding them get lengthy.  Here are just a couple of thoughts. My off season diet usually starts at the same time NFL training camps do.  It gives me a goal to look forward to and a break from the long drudge of spring/summer dieting.  At this time I cut out all aerobics and eat everything I can get my hands on with emphasis on the best quality macronutrients first.  I still try to avoid the worst of the worst foods like fast food, but if I can't get my hand on 12 chicken breasts then thowing down a couple of medium pizzas is not out of the question.  After 20 some years of nutrition work I'm a firm believer that we have come a long way in the area of nutritional knowledge but that there is still a lot to learn.  I like to error on the side of caution and try to give my body every possible calorie that it might need in order to have the most intense workouts and the greatest chance to add a pound, or maybe even 2 pounds of muscle over the winter months.  The margin for error with drug free training to gain even a pound of muscle (for me anyway) is small so I like to ensure I get plenty of calories during the heavy months.

I'll try to get back on later today and let you know some of my thoughts on getting and staying lean.  Thanks for the question.
Is Danielson really your trainer or just a friend trying to take credit for your physique?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
Is Danielson really your trainer or just a friend trying to take credit for your physique?

Read my signature ::)
E

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »
damn! i can only dream of abs like that!  :'(   i envy you, and want to use your abs as a punching bag!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »

12 chicken breasts? surely you're exaggerating.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 08:24:31 PM »
simply huge needs to learn how to use a calf machine

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 02:46:44 AM »
simply huge needs to learn how to use a calf machine

calves are just good for his size.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
i didnt think they looked too bad when i have them flexed.  like in hte rear lat spread shot i have one flexed and it looks fine.   at the time those photos were taken my calves and arms were almost exactly the same size, which is good i thought.

You have good calves man.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 11:25:30 AM »
thx danielson. 

if you dont mind, can you post the workout routines that your guy has been doing.  frequency, sets, reps, ect.?  im curious to see what has been working for him.

He or I will do it soon. Gotta run now. Have a good weekend.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
He or I will do it soon. Gotta run now. Have a good weekend.

Check your PM, don't want to give out too much info, these walls have ears ;)
E

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
you have a really good physique
simply huge.
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »
3 fav bi excersis

barbell curls with olympic par
straight bar preacher curls
alternate dumbell curls

fav tri excerses
skull crushers..
close grip benches
seated tri extensions..
for instant i did arms yesterday
to shake things up i supersetted close grip benches with standing bar curls
working up to 2 final sets of 315 close grip benches..(no less than 6 reps)
so i started with one 45 each side
20 reps soon as im done i did curls with that olympic bar 10 reps 45 on each side..
and so on...till i got to 315 for 3 sets... pressed it soon as im done someone strips 2 .. 45 plates off each side then i curl.. 45 per side 10 reps..
your arms will blow up dong this
great arm shocker..
6 sets of that
then skull crushers.. preacher crls.. etc..
i work arms on their own..
made great gains that way..
ur arms look fine man in proportion with your body..
you have a great build

choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
no i meant no less than 6 reps with the 315 close grip..

i did 20 reps with one plat 15 reps with 2 plates then 6-8 reps the 315  for 2 sets
choice is an illusion

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »
I Apologize for taking so long to respond.  My current diet is a bit draining and I’m not so quick to hop on the computer after work.  I plan to post several training diaries and past training articles that I’ve written.

Your question covers a broad range of answers.  I think it’s important to remember I’ve been doing this for twenty years and have run the course of different training routines, most of which have worked well (thank you Danielson) and a few that haven’t.  If you have a specific problem area, or even if you have an exercise routine that has worked well for you that you would like to make work even better, let me know and I’d be happy to bounce ideas around.

Some of the workouts I’ve developed involve age old basics but I also believe I’ve developed (along with Danielson’s help) several unique ideas and methods that most people don’t employ and that I rarely (or never) see other use at the gym.  The following thoughts are just a few of my favorite basics.

Because I train drug free, I place a large emphasis on my “Heavy vs. Lean” seasons.  The heavy/lean titles refer to my bodyweight.  No matter how much bodybuilding has advanced in the field of nutrition, we still don’t know everything so I prefer to not take chances and during the heavy season I eliminate all extra aerobics and eat every possible thing I can get my hands on then attack the weights with ferocity.  I don’t want my body to miss any necessary enzymes, vitamins, or calories that macronutrients deliver so I prefer to over consume a bit.  It may be possible to gain muscle while staying lean, but it’s much easier to gain muscle while consuming mass calories.

I prefer to be lean, chicks dig it more.  So I sometimes begin my lean phase of dieting and training earlier than I should.  I get tired of not fitting into my clothes and rocking my fat ass back and forth to get out of my car.  I like to have a specific goal to focus on in order to stay motivated during the surge towards a low body fat percentage.  A vacation to somewhere  warm during the cold Michigan winter is an obvious one.  Also, tell others about your commitment to gain or lose or whatever it might be.  Put it on the line.

After a long period of dieting and increased aerobics, the change to increase calories and size is a welcome one.

My reps per set only vary slightly from one season to the next; 8 reps is always a favorite with some as low as 6 and some as high as 12.  It’s rare that I go higher or lower.  What does vary greatly are the exercises I perform and the speed at which I finish an exercise.  Before I worry about sets and reps I plan for focus and intensity.  This starts the day before my workout.  I’m conscious of making sure I get the right amount, and variety, of calories to perform at an optimum level.

Once my workout starts, I never talk to others.  I’m polite and will give a spot when asked or answer a question when it’s posed, but otherwise once the headphones go on I’m in my own little world until I’ve “Destroyed It”  Destroying It, is what I call it when the workout goes as planned.  It also means I’m going to feel weak for a good portion of the day after my workout.  “Focus” “Tunnel Vision” or “Eye of the Tiger” whatever you want to call it, do whatever you can to reach it quickly and maintain it throughout your workout.   

I know this is all pretty vague and basic and doesn’t address your sets and reps very well but it would be easier to do with a more specific request.  Are you bored with any routine (chest, arms, etc.)?  I’d love to talk shop in greater detail.  Good Luck and I’ll talk to you soon.