Author Topic: MIKE MATARAZZO'S VIEWS ON NUTRITION IN THE LATEST FLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12410 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
big Mike seems to believe that a lot of bodybuilders don't eat enough protein and says that 1 gram per pound is way too low and that he shot for 2 or sometimes 3 grams per pound, 2 steaks at the Firehouse after training, 2 steaks at 2am after waking up, what say you?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
big Mike seems to believe that a lot of bodybuilders don't eat enough protein and says that 1 gram per pound is way too low and that he shot for 2 or sometimes 3 grams per pound, 2 steaks at the Firehouse after training, 2 steaks at 2am after waking up, what say you?

does he come near to daddywaddy's 4000+ cals per day? ::)
Here comes the money shot

eliscominblue

• Getbig II

I guess he might know a little about nutrition......

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
does he come near to daddywaddy's 4000+ cals per day? ::)
he claimed that he shot for 5000-6000 per day but i have a hard time believing that, he did say that he drank a lot of whole milk though.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
The guy had to have a bypass and probably cant bench 225 pounds now.  I dont think he is any authority on nutrtion.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
The guy had to have a bypass and probably cant bench 225 pounds now.  I dont think he is any authority on nutrtion.
yeah he did have the heart surgery but he said that was genetic and that he supposedly knows a lot of people who ate "pounds of red meat per day" and are healthy as can be.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
he claimed that he shot for 5000-6000 per day but i have a hard time believing that, he did say that he drank a lot of whole milk though.

I have a hard time getting 4 meals per day..I need to start forcing myself to have a shake before bed

Stavios

most "big guys" around here told me the same thing

to get mass, they said to me that I should never count anything.

they say a basic meal would be:

1 cup rice/oat
1/2 cup of nuts
then red meat or chicken until I am full ( a pound of lean ground beef is really easy to eat a one sitting)

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
He said in the interview he did on here that his "good cholesterol" was zero, so his nutrition had to be for shit, not just genetic imo.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
I have a hard time getting 4 meals per day..I need to start forcing myself to have a shake before bed
personally i think that 4 perday is enough if you're eating enough per meal, 70 grams protein per meal which is easily doable, that's only 11-12 ounces of meat.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
He said in the interview he did on here that his "good cholesterol" was zero, so his nutrition had to be for shit, not just genetic imo.
i agree with you to an extent, i think his diet was terrible FOR HIM PERSONALLY but i don't think that everyone will react to that type of eating the same way.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
MIKE MATARAZZO'S VIEWS ON NUTRITION IN THE LATEST FLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does he call it, the "Heart attack diet"?  ::) 
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
What does he call it, the "Heart attack diet"?  ::) 
hahahahaha, the way he outlined it it probably should be called that.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
personally i think that 4 perday is enough if you're eating enough per meal, 70 grams protein per meal which is easily doable, that's only 11-12 ounces of meat.

nah, too much red meat..and too much protein for me

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Didnt this dudes heart clog up with the toughness and is now as a result working bail bonds>?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
One word  Serge Nubret!! Ah ok that's two words.  :-[

garraeth

• Getbig IV
most "big guys" around here told me the same thing

to get mass, they said to me that I should never count anything.

they say a basic meal would be:

1 cup rice/oat
1/2 cup of nuts
then red meat or chicken until I am full ( a pound of lean ground beef is really easy to eat a one sitting)
That's a holy-hella lot of fat. 1/2 cup peanuts has 36g ! and a lb of lean ground beef 82 !!

um...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
nah, too much red meat..and too much protein for me
i didn't say red meat at every meal, by meat i mean chicken, turkey or fish as well.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
That's a holy-hella lot of fat. 1/2 cup peanuts has 36g ! and a lb of lean ground beef 82 !!

um...
you could probably get away with it if you cut the carbs to almost zero.

Stavios

um...

I think they don't eat that every meal tho, maybe they cut the nuts in the other meal

but they all say that too much carb is useless and I should eat a lot of fat instead ( just keep carbs in the morning and before and after training)

garraeth

• Getbig IV
I think they don't eat that every meal tho, maybe they cut the nuts in the other meal

but they all say that too much carb is useless and I should eat a lot of fat instead ( just keep carbs in the morning and before and after training)
ahh...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

It all boils down to genetic predisposition really.

On the one end, there have been healthy, slim people in their early 30s who exercise regularly, don't abuse any substance etc and they go for a jog one day, have a heart attack and die.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are guys I know well into their 80s who chain smoke, drink, eat what they want and are still healthy as ever 8)

Eating 6000 Cal is not that hard Sars. What is hard is trying to eat those 6000 Cal from 'clean' sources.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
It all boils down to genetic predisposition really.

On the one end, there have been healthy, slim people in their early 30s who exercise regularly, don't abuse any substance etc and they go for a jog one day, have a heart attack and die.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are guys I know well into their 80s who chain smoke, drink, eat what they want and are still healthy as ever 8)

Eating 6000 Cal is not that hard Sars. What is hard is trying to eat those 6000 Cal from 'clean' sources.
no 6000 ain't hard if you eat a large Pizza Hut Deep Dish Meat Lovers, shit there's probably 5000 in just that but getting it from chicken, steak, turkey, egg whites, rice, oatmeal, etc. is another story.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
no 6000 ain't hard if you eat a large Pizza Hut Deep Dish Meat Lovers, shit there's probably 5000 in just that but getting it from chicken, steak, turkey, egg whites, rice, oatmeal, etc. is another story.
20 scoops of Vitargo = 4800 clean calories

yummy!!

:-X

Actually, it's not all that hard. Here's what I've eaten so far today...and day's not done yet.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
20 scoops of Vitargo = 4800 clean calories

yummy!!

:-X

Actually, it's not all that hard. Here's what I've eaten so far today...and day's not done yet.

Great if you are taking 120 units of slin a day.  :o