Author Topic: Hardcore Gym in DC/ Arlington VA?  (Read 1474 times)

kronos

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Hardcore Gym in DC/ Arlington VA?
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:49:37 PM »
Guys, I'll be in DC next week, staying near Reagan National Airport (Arlington, VA).

I'm looking for a harcore gym for bodybuilders, in the area.
ANY HELP?

Thank you, iron bros!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Hardcore Gym in DC/ Arlington VA?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:00:50 PM »
Talk to Toxic Avenger....  I hear he has weights and a bench set up in the back room of his gas station in Greenbelt, MD. ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »

Unfortunately the hardcore gyms are few and far between around the DC-VA area.  My advice, just stick with the Golds' gyms in the area.  Any other facilities  staff will FREAK out if you such as grunt.  Good Luck!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 05:19:18 AM »
there is one on the grounds of the whitehouse..just need to hop the fence, dodge the snippers and men with machine guns...and you are home free

while you are down there check out the DC carnival this saturday. There should be some hot chick running around in next to nothing.
Here comes the money shot

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
there is one on the grounds of the whitehouse..just need to hop the fence, dodge the snippers and men with machine guns...and you are home free

while you are down there check out the DC carnival this saturday. There should be some hot chick running around in next to nothing.

go to a place called "Cuts for Men"

you'll be welcomed with open arms  ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 08:33:54 AM »
go to a place called "Cuts for Men"

you'll be welcomed with open arms  ;D

LOL....VERY funny..I found this on google

..umm..how do you know of this place?

"'Cuts' for men By Dr. Jay Adlersberg
(New York-WABC, April 11, 2007) - Heading to the gym can be intimidating, when you look at the buff bodies around you.

But no more excuses!
Seven's On Call with Dr. Jay Adlersberg.

We always talk up the health benefits of working out. The hard part is finding an hour or more to spend at the gym. There are some people who are put off by comparing their slightly flabby selves to well-toned gym rats. Now, there's some help.

Exercise is good, no question. But here is a question. If you're even a bit intimidated by spandex-clad buff bodies, where can you go to exercise?

You can come Cuts, the gym for men only. It's a place where you can be older, have a little tummy and just want to get healthier, not to get six-pack abs.

"I felt that in the younger set, the younger bodies, I would be out of place," Cuts member Rich Lees said. "What appealed to me here was the nature of the machines, the nature of the exercises."

There are 16 exercise stations in the gym, some aerobic, some strength training. Members spend 40 seconds at one station, then move on to the next. They do three circuits in a half hour. Good for the guy on a tight schedule.

"My conditioning can go from easy to hard," Tony Natoli said. "I can add stations if I feel especially energetic, and it fits in my lifestyle and it's working for me."

A 30-minute workout with cardio and strength training is a good idea. But where did it come from? As with many ideas, women did it first.

With a similar program for women, Curves has been around for 20 years, in 42 countries.

"If you've got 30 minutes, three times a week, this is the place for you," Curves member Ebru Kuscan said. "It's for women who are on the go, with kids, working, just don't have the time."

Back at Cuts, Walter Chandler put the idea simply.

"People are in here for the health reasons, not to get bulked up like other gyms," he said.

Rich Lees would agree.

"On September 1, 2005, I weighed 238," he said. "I'm down to 192 now."

Trainers at Cuts sit down with new members to help set realistic goals for them. Healthy eating is something that's emphasized. Cuts has 75 locations in 25 states.
"

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »

LOL....VERY funny..I found this on google

..umm..how do you know of this place?

It's obvious what it is.  Drive around the metro area, not hard to see

Where around here do you live?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:03:51 AM »
It's obvious what it is.  Drive around the metro area, not hard to see

Where around here do you live?

I live in NY..going to chill in DC for the weekend..hit up some clubs

kronos

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
Thanks for the input guys... if anyone else has an idea let me know.
Keep growing big!

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »
Thanks for the input guys... if anyone else has an idea let me know.
Keep growing big!

HARDCORE!!!!!!!