Author Topic: Kre-Alkalyn not as good as creatinine monohydrate?  (Read 11834 times)

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Kre-Alkalyn not as good as creatinine monohydrate?
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:41:38 AM »
Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. DrTallon@CR-Technologies.net

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) a “Buffered” creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.   

Supported by Cr-Technologies, LLP, London, England

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Kre-Alkalyn not as good as creatinine monohydrate?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:17:58 AM »
I actually got into a fistfight with an old sailor in a bar recently about this exact argument.

;D

I thought your priest told you to quit hanging around down by the waterfront.

In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.   

I've tried less supps than most, but I've taken KreAlkalyn based on their 'claims.'  ::)  Suprise suprise, another load of BS from a supp manufacturer.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
He just told me to keep my shorts on while I'm down there.

I'm sure he has plenty of experience in these matters. :D

Fwiw - I just tried the "contact us" option on http://www.kre-alkalyn.net/ but it kept giving me an error message when I'd hit send.  Maybe you'd understand the codes it displayed 240?

It said:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.Sq lCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
   System.Data.SqlClient.Sq lCommand.ExecuteNonQuery () +193
   GetKreAlkalyn.contact.Su bmitInformation(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\rschwecheimer\VSWebCache\d937477.shared51.archertechnologygroup.com\contact.aspx.cs:96
   System.Web.UI.WebControl s.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.WebControl s.Button.System.Web.UI.I PostBackEventHandler.Rai sePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
   System.Web.UI.Page.Raise PostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.Raise PostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.Proce ssRequestMain() +1292

Their "ask the doctor" option didn't work either, saying that Outlook Express wouldn't accept it from a free email account.

All I wanted to do was send 'em a copy of the study and hear what they had to say.  :)

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
I believe this same study showed that CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) was even worse...

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
I've used the Sci-fit Kre-Alklyn 3 different times now and each occassion its worked better for me than regular monohydrate. I remember reading that almost 25% of people who took the original mono back in the day would have problems with absorbing it. I must have been in that group because I was always stunned when I heard people talking about how awesome Phosphagen was when it first came out. Anyway its cheap and it seems to work so I'll probably stick with this. CEE also worked pretty well for me, but I don't like the idea of taking something that breaks down to ethanol on a daily basis....

littlemack

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
Interesting...I currently us KA creatine and love it. No stomach bloat or digestive troubles like Monohydrate gave me. No costly load up either and I get just as good results.

And who is "Supported by Cr-Technologies, LLP, London, England?"

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »
have any of you ever read the patent for crealkalyn? It's just garbage... you can make it yourself just mix your creatine with baking soda (or any other base). If you try and drink it it'll taste like shit. that's why it's in capsules. don't waste your time with it.

when you ingest creatine monohydrate it'll just react witht he hcl in your stomach and form it's chloride salt which will enter your blood stream.
Hrmmm

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »

Best Creatine is:

Dicreatine Malate + Magnesium Creatine Chelate  and Orotine(Tricreatine Orotate). Gluconate isnt bad either...

Best choices:
Green Magnitude (tons of servings)
MAN Clout
Gaspari SizeOn

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 04:17:39 PM »
Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. DrTallon@CR-Technologies.net

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) a “Buffered” creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.   

Supported by Cr-Technologies, LLP, London, England

Actually, I just started using this. My trainer told me I have to use this stuff since it's super. He doesn't suggest many supplements, only REALLY neccesary ones so I was surprised he told me to start taking this. Doesn't make you bloat and especially, no water retention! Part of it won't get dissolved to soon so all of it will have enough time to go into your muscles and not under the skin. It also works right away and you need no loading phase. I felt it right away in the gym, blood pumping into the muscles and felt & looked more full.

Mercedes approved!  :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
I've used the Sci-fit Kre-Alklyn 3 different times now and each occassion its worked better for me than regular monohydrate. I remember reading that almost 25% of people who took the original mono back in the day would have problems with absorbing it. I must have been in that group because I was always stunned when I heard people talking about how awesome Phosphagen was when it first came out. Anyway its cheap and it seems to work so I'll probably stick with this. CEE also worked pretty well for me, but I don't like the idea of taking something that breaks down to ethanol on a daily basis....
I had the same results with the Sci-fit brand only. The other brands I've tried led to jackshit. The CEE didn't do anything for me either. Sci-fit was the only brand of any type of creatine/kre-alkylyn that gave me any results :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »
I have been taking it for 2 weeks and have seen results that I think make it worth trying.  If I see even more results over the next 2 weeks I will buy it again.

I don't give a shit about the cost, if it works.  I also don't give a shit about a study that says it doesn't work any better than other creatines.  All I give a shit about is if it works for me, since I will be the one buying it.

On that note I have seen a bit of bloat and put on a few pounds.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
best creatine:
ISS creatine monohydrate
1000grams=22 bucks

have tried all the new "cutting edge" creatine products and none has stacked up to
the original monohydrate by just following the simple loading and maint. cycle