Author Topic: what am i doing wrong?  (Read 3742 times)

tkav

• Getbig I
what am i doing wrong?
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:15:26 AM »
heres my problem, im not growing. diet is good 400 mg protien per day, about 5500 calories( food is measured every day.)give or take 200(sometimes i just cant finish my last meal). 800 mg test and 400 mg deca per week. as for training heres how it goes, 1 body part per day, eg. back is today, 9 to 12 exercises per body part at 4 sets each as heavy as i can go for 6 to 8 reps with strict form. i train 6 days a week with no cardio at all. ill take any advice anyone can offer, thank you.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: what am i doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »
What brand of gear are you using?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »
heres my problem, im not growing. diet is good 400 mg protien per day, about 5500 calories( food is measured every day.)give or take 200(sometimes i just cant finish my last meal). 800 mg test and 400 mg deca per week. as for training heres how it goes, 1 body part per day, eg. back is today, 9 to 12 exercises per body part at 4 sets each as heavy as i can go for 6 to 8 reps with strict form. i train 6 days a week with no cardio at all. ill take any advice anyone can offer, thank you.
Fake gear?

PB

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »
Fake gear?

PB

That's what I'm thinking.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »

Drop the volume. 6 days a week is burning lot of energy.  9-12 exercises?
If you want size, just squat, bench, dead, and some shoulder and arm work.
Thats Way too much volume for many guys to grow on.

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:33:05 AM »
try training legs harder 5 sets squats 5sets lunges,  leg ext leg curls, a lot of your bodys hormones are trapped in your legs when you work them out you release them.i worked out with a guy for 6mon worked out upper body for 2rys never worked out legs they didnt need it but i was stuck at 200lbs he told me work out your legs the rest of your body willgrow.so we did squats 10sets my weight shot up to 220lb in a year.train more intensly when you work out rest 30-45sec between sets.be a monster in the gym be hardcore

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »
Drop the volume. 6 days a week is burning lot of energy.  9-12 exercises?
If you want size, just squat, bench, dead, and some shoulder and arm work.
Thats Way too much volume for many guys to grow on.

I just saw that. That's way too much even on gear. I may do five exercises for a large body part (i.e. legs or back) but usually no more then three exercises.

tkav

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
im using 2 different brands, deca is nutrivet and test is pharmrxl

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »
i just saw that too!!9-12 exercises wow that guy must be real tired.i only do 3-4 exercises for back and my back is huge. 2 for width 2for thickness dude must be going to a big gym and using all the machines.sometimes less is more.try less exercises add more intesity

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 11:59:24 AM »
im using 2 different brands, deca is nutrivet and test is pharmrxl

Are you sure they're the real deal? Any sides? I.E. increase sex drive.

My only other suggestion would be to drop the volume.

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 12:11:42 PM »
a lot of mexican stuff is fake

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »

One thing you failed to mention:  How long have you been on?

It's not at all uncommon to see no effect for 4 or even 6 weeks.

tkav

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »
i got the back acne and 24 hour boners,lol, on a side note my fiancee loves that part of it., i just got back from the gym, i droped down to 7 exercises for back and now i feel like i didnt do anything. on a positive note the weight i was able to use went up 20 lbs from last week. bi's are tomorrow im gonna try to go super heavy and only do 4 or 5 different exercises. thanks for all the advice.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »

If you are indeed truely doing 36 to 48 sets per body part then that is likely your problem.  I find it hard to believe one could concievably do that consistantly, but if you are then you are completely tearing down your muscle tissue.  You say you are lifting 6 days a week which implies you probably hit the same muscle or at least some of them 2x per week, that isn't enough down time if you are working them that hard.  They never actually have enough time to rebuild.  Either cut it back or tell us your real workout schedule.  I haven't been on these boards in a long time but am one of the oldest memebers, I can tell you that people who embelish the truth about what they do/have done get little respect and cause a lot of problems for themselves in the gym and on the boards.  I'm not accusing you of this, just giving fair warning...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
i got the back acne and 24 hour boners,lol, on a side note my fiancee loves that part of it., i just got back from the gym, i droped down to 7 exercises for back and now i feel like i didnt do anything. on a positive note the weight i was able to use went up 20 lbs from last week. bi's are tomorrow im gonna try to go super heavy and only do 4 or 5 different exercises. thanks for all the advice.

The juice is real, too much volume, hope the GF holds up to it.

tkav

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 12:54:03 PM »
ok rdw here is my exact schedual:
mon- back= lat pull down, cable row, hammerstrength high row, dumbell row, wide grip t-bar row, dead lift, iso machine row, close grip weighted pull ups, one arm cable rows.

tues- biceps= suppination curls, preacher straight bar curls, dumbell preacher curls, standing easy bar curls, 2 sifferent cablle curls, hammerstrength preacher curls, and another preacher machine that varies where in the rep the most resistance is(sorry i dont know that that machine is caled)

wed- chest = incline dumbell press, incline bench press, flat bench press, flat hammer strength press, incline hammer strength, pec deck, incline fly's, flat fly's, cable cross overs. then ill just pick out 2 machines i didnt use yet.lol

thurs- shoulders = dumbell press, lateral raises, front raises, seated shoulder press, rear delt fly, shrugs, upright rows,  hammerstrength shoulder press, like with chest i then vary 2 more shoulder machines.

fri- triceps=  close grip bench, skull crushers, over head one arm dumbells, lying one arm dumbells, cable pushdowns, rope pushdowns, reverse curls, weighted dips, 2 hand over head dumbell raises, one arm rope pull downs.

sat- legs= squat, hack squat, leg extension, incline leg press, leg curls, straight leg deal lift, seated calf raises, standing calf raises, 1 legged leg curls. and i found i only need 10 min of abs eod. my problem is packing it on not shredding..lol

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »
mon- back= lat pull down, cable row, hammerstrength high row, dumbell row, wide grip t-bar row, dead lift, iso machine row, close grip weighted pull ups, one arm cable rows.

tues- biceps= suppination curls, preacher straight bar curls, dumbell preacher curls, standing easy bar curls, 2 sifferent cablle curls, hammerstrength preacher curls, and another preacher machine that varies where in the rep the most resistance is(sorry i dont know that that machine is caled)

wed- chest = incline dumbell press, incline bench press, flat bench press, flat hammer strength press, incline hammer strength, pec deck, incline fly's, flat fly's, cable cross overs. then ill just pick out 2 machines i didnt use yet.lol

thurs- shoulders = dumbell press, lateral raises, front raises, seated shoulder press, rear delt fly, shrugs, upright rows,  hammerstrength shoulder press, like with chest i then vary 2 more shoulder machines.

fri- triceps=  close grip bench, skull crushers, over head one arm dumbells, lying one arm dumbells, cable pushdowns, rope pushdowns, reverse curls, weighted dips, 2 hand over head dumbell raises, one arm rope pull downs.

sat- legs= squat, hack squat, leg extension, incline leg press, leg curls, straight leg deal lift, seated calf raises, standing calf raises, 1 legged leg curls. and i found i only need 10 min of abs eod. my problem is packing it on not shredding..lol

talk about overkill :o

bench

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »

That is just stupid.  I frankly don't think I should bother responding because I don't believe anyone is dumb enough to actually use this as an actual routine.  Again, assuming this is even real, by the time you were on your 30th set you would be so weak that the amount of weight you must be doing would be essentially a cardio workout.  Do you at least switch the order of these lifts from week to week... I don't know why I am bothering because I'm relatively certain you are just one of those guys that came on here looking to impress people by an exaggurated workout but succeeded only in making a fool of yourself.  I'm quite certain that no one could do 40 sets of biceps regularly.  Even for people not prone to joint/tendon issues would develop medial epicondylitis or something with that kind of heavy stress only once a week.

For kicks, what are your stats?

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 01:19:26 PM »
too many overlaps in your training,biceps the day after back no good,shoulders the day after chest no good then arms the day after that.your triceps dont get a chance to heal.try this split one body part a day,chest,back,legs,dayoff,shoulder,arms,dayoff,repeat,

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »
Everyone is right, if your gear is real, if you are eating as much as you say, then the problem is no doubt over training...don't feel bad about it though, almost everyone here has fell prey to this in the past.

Why don't you try something like this: 12 sets for back, 12-14 for thighs, 9-12 for chest & shoulders, 8-9 for both bi's and tri's, 5-6 for traps, and 6-8 for calves.

The biggest thing, start really concentraining on your form, screw how much weight you're using. If you do this, then the above amount of sets will most likely be more then enough. Also, try breaking it down to where you only lift 5x wk, 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off.

Last thing, make sure all those calories are being split up into several meals...at least 6.

tkav

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »
everyone thanks for all your advice, im going to back off a bit for the next several weeks at least until im done this cycle and see what happens. at this point if im not growing ill try anything.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »
everyone thanks for all your advice, im going to back off a bit for the next several weeks at least until im done this cycle and see what happens. at this point if im not growing ill try anything.
Always keep in mind, it's not about how much you do, it's about the quality of what you do.,Cheesy? Maybe, but it's the truth.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 01:53:16 PM »
Always keep in mind, it's not about how much you do, it's about the quality of what you do

i think i saw that on an A-Team episode  :P

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »
i think i saw that on an A-Team episode  :P

"I love it when a plan comes together"
U