Author Topic: Which Pros Arms Were the Biggest?  (Read 89408 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Which Pros Arms Were the Biggest?
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2007, 06:28:47 AM »
disproportion is OK in this comparison

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2007, 06:35:57 AM »
disproportion is OK in this comparison

Has anybody realized that his user name is "Big Dumb Bell"?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2007, 06:39:48 AM »
Has anybody realized that his user name is "Big Dumb Bell"?

gee thanks, my luck now vince basile will start stalking me ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »
gee thanks, my luck now vince basile will start stalking me ::)

hehe, Vince Basile has invented the Bell.  8) 8)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2007, 07:09:15 AM »
Do we ever?

He's Beef it Betil Fox.

Had it not been for two mouthy whores, he still would be Mr Olympia.

-Hedge
Still as if he ever were......

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2007, 07:32:12 AM »
From my forum:

Yesterday (Oct 9, 2004, Saturday) at 9:31am I chatted with Lee Priest at the GNC Show of Strength Expo Hall, and asked if I could measure his wrist, his forearm in two positions, and his flexed upper arm.

He said he weighed about 235 as we spoke and that he was about 5'5" tall.

Keep in mind he was cold, had not worked out that morning.

His wrist measured 7-3/8".

His forearm- with the entire arm straight- including the hand straight from the wrist, but with his fist clenched, but not goosenecked, measured 15-3/4" and is the most incredible forearm I have ever seen in person. So he has the magical ratio of his forearm being twice as large as his wrist PLUS ONE INCH! Manfred Hoerbel did not have the 2:1 ratio!

Then he goosenecked his hand, and put his forearm at a right angle to his upper arm, and in that position his forearm measured 17".

His upper arm was simply unbelieveable, and it is my personal opinion that from wrist to shoulder he has the best all-round development in the history of bodybuilding- I will not argue- that's just my opinion. His upper arm measured an unbelieveable 21-1/4".

He mentioned that when pumped, he can add an inch, which is of course likely. So pumped, his arm would be over 22" which would be triple his wrist size!

He allows people to believe what they wish in regard to his arm size, and he related this story. He was at a department store counter when the female clerk commented that he had large arms, but that her relative had arms 'about twice as big as yours'. Lee just smiled and said he must be a big guy!

Another time someone said to him, "What do your arms measure, I will guess 23""

"You got it", replied Lee, and smiled and walked away.

Thus misinformation is born. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »
Levrone had the biggst arms.

24 inches ripped

monsta triceps!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »
From my forum:

Yesterday (Oct 9, 2004, Saturday) at 9:31am I chatted with Lee Priest at the GNC Show of Strength Expo Hall, and asked if I could measure his wrist, his forearm in two positions, and his flexed upper arm.

He said he weighed about 235 as we spoke and that he was about 5'5" tall.

Keep in mind he was cold, had not worked out that morning.

His wrist measured 7-3/8".

His forearm- with the entire arm straight- including the hand straight from the wrist, but with his fist clenched, but not goosenecked, measured 15-3/4" and is the most incredible forearm I have ever seen in person. So he has the magical ratio of his forearm being twice as large as his wrist PLUS ONE INCH! Manfred Hoerbel did not have the 2:1 ratio!

Then he goosenecked his hand, and put his forearm at a right angle to his upper arm, and in that position his forearm measured 17".

His upper arm was simply unbelieveable, and it is my personal opinion that from wrist to shoulder he has the best all-round development in the history of bodybuilding- I will not argue- that's just my opinion. His upper arm measured an unbelieveable 21-1/4".

He mentioned that when pumped, he can add an inch, which is of course likely. So pumped, his arm would be over 22" which would be triple his wrist size!

He allows people to believe what they wish in regard to his arm size, and he related this story. He was at a department store counter when the female clerk commented that he had large arms, but that her relative had arms 'about twice as big as yours'. Lee just smiled and said he must be a big guy!

Another time someone said to him, "What do your arms measure, I will guess 23""

"You got it", replied Lee, and smiled and walked away.

Thus misinformation is born. 

did you measure lee personally Joe?

just curious because those measurements on a man of lee's stature are incredible.

lee has a good attitude to go with his mass which is always a plus.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »
You're comparing someone who is around 5'10" with someone 6'5".. ::)

What's the likelihood that Ferrigno, who specifically trained and dieted for a leaner physique in later years, would be 320 over age 40 when he was around 270 and clearly bigger in his twenties?  ::) ::)

Yeah, that's right. Roll you eyes in a condescending tone Pumpster. Mr. KNOW IT ALL. Wake up call. Lou in 1993 was FAR LARGER than he was in his 20's. FARRRRR LARGER and Lou was never over 6'4".

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »
Yeah, that's right. Roll you eyes in a condescending tone Pumpster. Mr. KNOW IT ALL. Wake up call. Lou in 1993 was FAR LARGER than he was in his 20's. FARRRRR LARGER and Lou was never over 6'4".

He had a bigger stomach, smaller arms and better cuts & defintion. Good arms but should've been bigger for that size. The rest is your fantasies, admit it. :-*

Dillet owning Ferrigno

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
did you measure lee personally Joe?

just curious because those measurements on a man of lee's stature are incredible.

lee has a good attitude to go with his mass which is always a plus.

Yes, I measured it, expecting his arm to be perhaps 20", because, as you allude to, his limb length is shorter. It was an amazing sight, because I have on other occasions been close in my visual (in person) estimates. Vince Taylor's pumped upper arm backstage at the Arnold some years ago I measured at 19.75". So Lee's arm was almost two inches larger than Taylor's! Who would have guessed that? Not me.

The real surprise/shock was Lee's forearm, measured as I described with a totally straight arm-forearm-hand, with only 'making a fist allowed. Any forearm twice the size of the wrist as measured in this manner is world class, ALWAYS. Talking about muscularity not obese people. Lee had an inch in addition to double.

The real disappointment is when pros decline to be measured. Vince Taylor had a wonderful attitude, sure, measure it, it is what it is- there is a man at home in himself.

Kovacs, while pleasant to me declined to be measured but did acknowledge that his arm size at that time was- pumped- about 25", not larger as claimed by others.

Some of the photos shown in the magazines showing a tape around an upper arm are staged fakes. Simply count the inches on the tape which you CANNOT see and determine how that compares to the inches of the tape which are visible.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »
Yes, I measured it, expecting his arm to be perhaps 20", because, as you allude to, his limb length is shorter. It was an amazing sight, because I have on other occasions been close in my visual (in person) estimates. Vince Taylor's pumped upper arm backstage at the Arnold some years ago I measured at 19.75". So Lee's arm was almost two inches larger than Taylor's! Who would have guessed that? Not me.

The real surprise/shock was Lee's forearm, measured as I described with a totally straight arm-forearm-hand, with only 'making a fist allowed. Any forearm twice the size of the wrist as measured in this manner is world class, ALWAYS. Talking about muscularity not obese people. Lee had an inch in addition to double.

The real disappointment is when pros decline to be measured. Vince Taylor had a wonderful attitude, sure, measure it, it is what it is- there is a man at home in himself.

Kovacs, while pleasant to me declined to be measured but did acknowledge that his arm size at that time was- pumped- about 25", not larger as claimed by others.

Some of the photos shown in the magazines showing a tape around an upper arm are staged fakes. Simply count the inches on the tape which you CANNOT see and determine how that compares to the inches of the tape which are visible.

kovacs made many claims but NEVER backed any up, even when money was offered. i wonder why? i don't believe kovac had even a pumped measurement of 25". i would guess about 23" pumped at the most.

i agree re lee's forearms. at a cold measurement that is just phenomenal. casey viator's measured slightly over 15 goosenecked (arm not bent though) and his were huge.

bill kazmier's were apparently about 17" held straight like lee's first measurement and bill's were probaably the largest muscular forearms ever measured and he was 6'4" and around 330lbs at the time.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
Thank-you for insight, Joe.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »
You don't know their exact measurements, and you haven't accounted for bone structure: Priests wrist size is probably bigger relative to upper arms.

more delusions from affirmative action.

everyone on this thread knows that this ashy clown doesnt even go to a gym, but  working out on a bowflex

i know it is pathetic, but i couldnt make it up if i tried.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2007, 06:16:57 PM »
Thanks for the stories, Joe. Lee Priest has phenominal arms!

Have you ever measured Big Ron's arms?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »
Thanks for the stories, Joe. Lee Priest has phenominal arms!

Have you ever measured Big Ron's arms?

That's the point. After i brought up wrist size, Joe's furnished only half a loaf.. :'(

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
I have never measured Ronnie's arm. Measured Manfred's arm at 25.5" cold and 26" pumped. I used calipers to measure the height of his flexed upper arm- 10" which was the same as Marla Duncan's waist width who was also standing on the Arnold Expo stage with us. I stacked one can of Pepsi atop another and Manfred's arm was taller than the two cans.

Marla's waist was 26", so her waist and Manfred's pumped arm were the same.

After I measured Manfred I saw Paul Dillett, who then, unbelieveably, looked small.

On the occasion I requested to measure Dillett's arm, he declined.

Years ago when I requested to measure Oliva's arm, he declined and said that my guess was as good as his. Had I been fast enough I should have said, then I guess 16". ;D

The Coach

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »
I have never measured Ronnie's arm. Measured Manfred's arm at 25.5" cold and 26" pumped. I used calipers to measure the height of his flexed upper arm- 10" which was the same as Marla Duncan's waist width who was also standing on the Arnold Expo stage with us. I stacked one can of Pepsi atop another and Manfred's arm was taller than the two cans.

Marla's waist was 26", so her waist and Manfred's pumped arm were the same.

After I measured Manfred I saw Paul Dillett, who then, unbelieveably, looked small.

On the occasion I requested to measure Dillett's arm, he declined.

Years ago when I requested to measure Oliva's arm, he declined and said that my guess was as good as his. Had I been fast enough I should have said, then I guess 16". ;D

Not exactly fair.......Manfred's arms are fake (synthol..or??)!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2007, 06:08:35 AM »

delete your account.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:54 AM »

Hoeberl had prosthetic arms, they were fake?

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2007, 10:50:22 AM »
When I met Manfred backstage at the Arnold years ago, I asked if he was warmed up. He said no. But he was breathing like he had just run a 100 yard dash, and he was sweating.

I measured his arm backstage at 2.5.5. I then asked him if there was ANY foreign substance in his arms and he said no. His flexed arm was as hard as a brick.

His strength is known- strongman competitor- and synthol does not aid strength.

That's all I know. Many believe he used some enhancing agent and that is why I asked him directly- so I could get HIS answer. Was it a truthful answer? Until there is something other than speculation and the attitude that 'he HAD to have used' then I will defer to his word.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »
When I met Manfred backstage at the Arnold years ago, I asked if he was warmed up. He said no. But he was breathing like he had just run a 100 yard dash, and he was sweating.

I measured his arm backstage at 2.5.5. I then asked him if there was ANY foreign substance in his arms and he said no. His flexed arm was as hard as a brick.

His strength is known- strongman competitor- and synthol does not aid strength.

That's all I know. Many believe he used some enhancing agent and that is why I asked him directly- so I could get HIS answer. Was it a truthful answer? Until there is something other than speculation and the attitude that 'he HAD to have used' then I will defer to his word.

i read in one of the mags that one of his compatriots had said that he 'spent a lot of money on his arms' back in germany but, again, this might be hearsay as i have no idea as to the veracity of that claim or what it meant ???

if those arms were real i saw no hint of that genetic potential in any of his earlier pics displayed in the mags.

at least they were anatomically fairly correct ie bicep was not 6 times the size of the tri and forearms and yes, they were functional ie wsm events, although they did seem to get in the way somewhat in the stones event particularly. i can tell you, i was convinced (and awestruck) at the time but i was not really aware of synthol then.

yes, i guess it's hard to tell with speculation but then, how often do you actually get proof in this sport. :-\

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:25 AM »
Pound for pound Lee Priest may have the biggest.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2007, 02:53:14 PM »
when I think of giant arms, I am reminded of this shot of Ronnie from 2003:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
I think Ronnie was his biggest in 2003. Atleast he looked his biggest.