Author Topic: Pro Bbing Weekly - Bob says Lee Priest has to petition AFTER suspension is up!  (Read 12386 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

Why would it have any bearing on their decision if he currently is not a member.  Are you telling us the IFBB controls current and former members livelyhood whether they are members or not.  Oh you say no, then why do they make idle threats like this.

They will take all things into considerion..they don't HAVE to let him back in at all.

What he does when he is not a member of the IFBB has NO concern or bearing on how Lee is treated.  If he had to requalify for it then the IFBB 100% has to let him or they would be in some deep shit legally.  I wish Lee would follow through with the lawsuit he was talking about cause the way the IFBB publically is preventing Lee from making a living is illegal.

You dont know what you're talking about (again)....Lee is making a living, he has made money competing, with endorsements, and with seminars...all without he IFBB...If anything...he has made a case FOR the IFBB.  Again you are clouded in the head.  Yes he is making a living but he lost substantial amount of sponsorship money because of the IFBB threatening his sponsor.  THAT IS A FACT ad no matter how much you try to tell anything different everyone knows you are lying.

No...he has lost substancial sponsorship because those are some of the perks that come with being in the IFBB....sponsors want a guy in the IFBB because the exposure and ROI is much greator han if he was in a lesser known organization.  There are several hundred IFBB members, if having perks like sponsors are part of being with the IFBB how come only a few have them.  Lee has sponsors because he is popular and he has character and he is an inspiration to shorter people.  Now all of a sudden he loses his biggest sponsor because he is no longer in the IFBB.  If you truly think this is just a coinendence then you are truly dumber than anyone.  He stills recieves as much publicity now as he did before.  He guest poses, still in mags ad talked bout on the internet as much as any BB.

If you don't see this then you really don't belong representing anyone but yourself, cause all you do is hurt the futures of the guys you are suppose to be representing.  Really, you need to start thinking before you type, cause you continuesly make yourself look bad.

I write the truth..you write whatever Wayne tells you.  Wrong again.  I haven't talked to Wayne in well over a month and the last time we barely talked for 5 minutes.  I am my own man.  You on the other hand take orders from assholes and do exactly what you are told no matter what.  You really need to sit back and see that you are wrong so many times but are afraid to admit it.  You can easily tell by the amount of people on here who agree with you.  You are maybe one of less than 20 people in the world who loves the IFBB so much you will lie and do anything to make it sound like they are best ad greatest thing ever.  But in reality they use their members and don't give a shit about them.  And you support that so that makes you just as bad.  good job Bob.

They are interfering with him trying to make a living like he is accustom too.

This isn't a divorce action...no one is interfering with anything, and no one is saying he cannot compete elsewhere...  Honestly how dumb are you CHic.  At times I think you just put shit like this down to make it look like you're stupid.  I hope this is the case, cause if not then it is a sorry case for bodybuilding.  Yes or no the IFBB suspended Lee for competing in the PDI.  If not then why did Lee get suspended.

Yes, thats why he was suspended....no one at this time is telling him he cant compete where ever he wishes. let alone the IFBB....as a member, you cannot. It's not that tough to figure out, Keith.....  So you are saying it is okay for Lee to compete and the IFBB will not care and they will reinstate him without takig into account he competed in the PDI.  You are saying that right now correct.  Since Lee is no longer a member of the IFBB he can do what he wants and when he decides to apply again in the IFBB they will let him do it without prejudice. 

God you are like trying to talk to Goodrum and sometimes worse.  Do you really like being compared to him.

It's funny how you say"I can only stress that whatever his actions are may reflect on their willingness to allow him back".  That is hilarious.  What a joke company you are controlled by.  You come on a public forum and say things like this only proves their ignorance.  Come on Lee get that law suit going, watch the IFBB cave-in at your knees.

Please....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

No...he has lost substancial sponsorship because those are some of the perks that come with being in the IFBB....sponsors want a guy in the IFBB because the exposure and ROI is much greator han if he was in a lesser known organization.

There are several hundred IFBB members, if having perks like sponsors are part of being with the IFBB how come only a few have them.

Because the supp companies want the best of the best, and the highest profile athletes...look how many have contracts outside the IFBB..

Lee has sponsors because he is popular and he has character and he is an inspiration to shorter people.  Now all of a sudden he loses his biggest sponsor because he is no longer in the IFBB.  If you truly think this is just a coinendence then you are truly dumber than anyone.  He stills recieves as much publicity now as he did before.  He guest poses, still in mags ad talked bout on the internet as much as any BB.

No, It's no coincidence...they wanted a guy in the IFBB they can get the most milage from...doesn't do them much good when he's not in any of our shows, limited mag exposure, few no no guest appearances....and the only shows on the horizon sketchy at best, and European based.

If you don't see this then you really don't belong representing anyone but yourself, cause all you do is hurt the futures of the guys you are suppose to be representing.  Really, you need to start thinking before you type, cause you continuesly make yourself look bad.

I write the truth..you write whatever Wayne tells you. 

Wrong again.  I haven't talked to Wayne in well over a month and the last time we barely talked for 5 minutes.  I am my own man.  You on the other hand take orders from assholes and do exactly what you are told no matter what.  You really need to sit back and see that you are wrong so many times but are afraid to admit it.  You can easily tell by the amount of people on here who agree with you.

Yeah...good backing a bunch of other internet jackasses who now as much as you do..lol. 

You are maybe one of less than 20 people in the world who loves the IFBB so much you will lie and do anything to make it sound like they are best ad greatest thing ever.  But in reality they use their members and don't give a shit about them.  And you support that so that makes you just as bad.  good job Bob.

If I loved what the IFBB has done so much...why am I the only guy to try and form a union for the athletes? Where was your idol Lee? I'm the only one getting shit done, and changed...and more money in the athletes pockets.

They are interfering with him trying to make a living like he is accustom too.

This isn't a divorce action...no one is interfering with anything, and no one is saying he cannot compete elsewhere...  Honestly how dumb are you CHic.  At times I think you just put shit like this down to make it look like you're stupid.  I hope this is the case, cause if not then it is a sorry case for bodybuilding.  Yes or no the IFBB suspended Lee for competing in the PDI.  If not then why did Lee get suspended.

Yes, thats why he was suspended....no one at this time is telling him he cant compete where ever he wishes. let alone the IFBB....as a member, you cannot. It's not that tough to figure out, Keith.....

So you are saying it is okay for Lee to compete and the IFBB will not care and they will reinstate him without takig into account he competed in the PDI.  You are saying that right now correct.  Since Lee is no longer a member of the IFBB he can do what he wants and when he decides to apply again in the IFBB they will let him do it without prejudice. 

They will take ALL things into account, including comments he has made in print, If he wishes to continue to compete in the PDI, I'm sure they would take that into acount as well...why wouldn't they? You're right...Lee can do what he wants...and so can the IFBB....they are under no obligation to reinstate him....all I can do is what I've done....requestion consideration in his particular case, and advise Lee of my opinion in the matter...If you want to know what those advices wer, you can ask Lee as I'm not at liberty to discuss his business...
 God you are like trying to talk to Goodrum and sometimes worse.  Do you really like being compared to him.

It's funny how you say"I can only stress that whatever his actions are may reflect on their willingness to allow him back".  That is hilarious.  What a joke company you are controlled by.  You come on a public forum and say things like this only proves their ignorance.  Come on Lee get that law suit going, watch the IFBB cave-in at your knees.

Please....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
a bunch of other internet jackasses 

Strangely, when today's generation of bodybuilders burn out, retire, or move on, it's those internet jackasses who will still be around. 

They're called fans :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Strangely, when today's generation of bodybuilders burn out, retire, or move on, it's those internet jackasses who will still be around. 

They're called fans :)

I think we can all agree...there is a difference.

The fans will be around...the jackasses come and go.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
No, It's no coincidence...they wanted a guy in the IFBB they can get the most milage from...doesn't do them much good when he's not in any of our shows, limited mag exposure, few no no guest appearances....

the problem with this line of thinking is that the demographics the supplement companies are aiming for don't go to contests or the expos.   How many people attend the 2nd and 3rd tier contests?  How many of them are 16-26 year olds?   

I don't understand giving out samples at these expos.  Most of the crowd are in the industry in one way or another, or are older.   Neither of those groups buy very many supplements.   How many 16-26 year olds can fly to Vegas or Columbus for a weekend?

But this demographic is on the internet.  And so is Lee.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
the problem with this line of thinking is that the demographics the supplement companies are aiming for don't go to contests or the expos.   How many people attend the 2nd and 3rd tier contests?  How many of them are 16-26 year olds?   

I don't understand giving out samples at these expos.  Most of the crowd are in the industry in one way or antoher, or are older.   Neither of those groups buy very many supplements.   How many 16-26 year olds can fly to Vegas or Columbus for a weekend?

But this demographic is on the internet.  And so is Lee.

AND WHY NO MAG EXSPOSURE BECASUE THE IFBB THREATENS THE MAGS......ONLY MUSCLE MAG WILL PRINT PDI STUF AND THAT IS A FACT.......I AM STILL LEE PRIEST WITH IFBB OR PDI OR WHOEVER I STILL HAVE FANS.........WHY SPONSOR SHAWN FOR ALL THAT MONEY HE DOSENT COMPETE.....HE GETS NO MAG EXSPOSURE....JUST OLD PICS ETC.....STUPID ARGUMENT HE JUST GOES AROUND CONTEST IN THE CROWD I CAN DO THAT :)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Kinda off topic, but you seriously need to capitalize on your name...get Rob to finish your store, get a paid member area (membership income is killer)...stuff like that.

You can do all this on the cheap too. Cafepress and PayPal for all your t-shirts, posters, etc. And CCBill for your memberships...I'd be happy to help with advice and info...coding costs tho  ;)

wisdom.  Lee A Priest is a valued brand.  and you dont need to give the IFBB a penny either unless of course it's a condition of you reinstatement. :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
How the IFBB blackballed Lee Priest is a lesson for all bodybuilders. It wasn't just not being allowed to compete in the IFBB. Next he lost a contract with a magazine. Then sponsorship. I bet he is disillusioned with the whole scene because people he knew let him down.

I don't know Manion but the way the professionals are treated is sad. The guys have to take gear and who knows what else and then they have to kiss butt forever afterwards or lose lucrative contracts.

$$$$$ talks in America and Lee found out the power the IFBB has through its 'associates'. The AMI and sponsors carry a big stick.

Makes me wonder if they really could get Goatboy banned from Getbig!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
How the IFBB blackballed Lee Priest is a lesson for all bodybuilders. It wasn't just not being allowed to compete in the IFBB. Next he lost a contract with a magazine. Then sponsorship. I bet he is disillusioned with the whole scene because people he knew let him down.

I don't know Manion but the way the professionals are treated is sad. The guys have to take gear and who knows what else and then they have to kiss butt forever afterwards or lose lucrative contracts.

$$$$$ talks in America and Lee found out the power the IFBB has through its 'associates'. The AMI and sponsors carry a big stick.

So whats he lesso.... Stay in the IFBB?

Had he not gone, we wouldn't be having this discussion...the collateral damage was forewarned long before he left....He decided to go anyways.  Some people are gamblers, Lee's one of them...unfortunately, it doesn't look like it was a good gamble.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith

Nope!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
...the collateral damage was forewarned long before he left....

"threatened", you mean.

The RICO laws might well be applicable to some of the practices of the IFBB.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

"threatened", you mean.

The RICO laws might well be applicable to some of the practices of the IFBB.

I made no threats...just warned Lee of what would likely happen, and tried to dissuade him from making a mistake.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
You want a fresh one..? ;D

Don't even start.  I didn't even know I had been in time out until someone told me the next day. Obviously it was a brief show for your benefit.  8)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
I made no threats...just warned Lee of what would likely happen, and tried to dissuade him from making a mistake.

Not you, Bob... I'm talking about the IFBB.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
is this RICO?  Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
is this RICO?  Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations

if the IFBB isn't a corrupt organizations then there is no such thing as a corrupt organization

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Lee was screwed plain and simple. Stuff happened after he went to the PDI and that was dirty. Like MD dumping him. Shows us how much this sport is in bed with each other; sponsors, organizations, magazines and athletes.

I doubt Lee would have made the move had he known what was going to happen via lobbying and pressure. Sure sucks but is a good lesson how things work nowadays in sport.

Bring back the old days when guys competed for a title and a trophy. The price is way too high to be a professional today. This sport is a high risk, low return industry. The same is true of gyms.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
What's with guys named Vince on this board?  :-\
Elevate Your Image.™

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Imagine Dan Marino (retired pro athlete with no real wins to brag about) went on a Dolphins messaeg board and threatened to have people banned for bashing his 1995 season.

pathetic.
Addicted to the Steal

dragonheart

• Getbig III
Lee is the man.  Its bullshit how hes been screwed, and how no one in the IFBB has the balls to stand up for him

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Don't even start.  I didn't even know I had been in time out until someone told me the next day. Obviously it was a brief show for your benefit.  8)
hahahahahah Bob had Goatboy put in timeout????????? SHit and I missed it :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!

[Insert Quote
What's with guys named Vince on this board?/quote]

I agree. Melvin Goodrum has soiled the once noble name, 'Vince'. It turns out that Vince G was a nickname for when he did a week as a pro wrestler who had a stint 'warming up the crowd'. I had a thread imploring Goodrum to abandon the Vince G CSN MFT moniker but it fell on deaf ears. I suppose he had some sense to keep his real name untarnished.