Author Topic: Rosie wants ‘Price Is Right’ hosting job  (Read 1531 times)

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Rosie wants ‘Price Is Right’ hosting job
« on: June 19, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
O’Donnell said on her blog that if CBS offers her the job, she’s taking it
Updated: 4:34 p.m. PT June 19, 2007

LOS ANGELES - “The Price Is Right” needs a host, and Rosie O’Donnell is interested. Very interested.

The 45-year-old said on her blog recently that she was meeting with the “Price” people this week and that she “sure would” accept the job if they offer.

“I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT,” she wrote, the capitalization underscoring her feelings.

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces the hit game show, have been seeking a replacement for the venerable Bob Barker, who retired this month after 35 years as the show’s host.

Among those reportedly in the running are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of “Entertainment Tonight,” George Hamilton and John O’Hurley. But Barker said O’Donnell is his pick.

“She knows the show,” he said backstage at Friday’s Daytime Emmy Awards. “There’s no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don’t know. I’ve never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they’ve only auditioned men.”

CBS and FremantleMedia had no comment Tuesday.

O’Donnell’s spokeswoman, Cindi Berger, was not specific about the ex-“View” commentator’s plans: “Rosie is meeting with several networks about a lot of different ideas.”

“The Price Is Right” is filmed in Los Angeles. O’Donnell lives in Nyack, New York, near New York City, with her partner and their four children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317947/

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Rosie wants ‘Price Is Right’ hosting job
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
I saw that too. It's on at the same time as The View. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I don't watch that stupid show anyway, but I would like her to stay unemployed, I hate that fat bitch.
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
I like Rosie and I love The Price is Right, but that is not the right job for her.  Rosie’s appeal (to me anyway) comes from her outspokenness.  She often says things that need to be said and her fans appreciate that.  As an out lesbian, she does not apologize for or hide who she is.  Gay Hollywood could take a lesson.

No disrespect to Bob Barker (I grew up watching him) but all his job required was a warm body; that’s why a man in his 80's could do it.  The stars of the show are the contestants and the pricing games--not the host.

Rosie needs a venue where she can talk and engage people on issues of the day--like a talk show.  In short, she is too big for the Price is Right.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »
In short, she is too big for the Price is Right.

Weak stage?
E

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 05:00:24 AM »
O’Donnell said on her blog that if CBS offers her the job, she’s taking it
Updated: 4:34 p.m. PT June 19, 2007

LOS ANGELES - “The Price Is Right” needs a host, and Rosie O’Donnell is interested. Very interested.

The 45-year-old said on her blog recently that she was meeting with the “Price” people this week and that she “sure would” accept the job if they offer.

“I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT,” she wrote, the capitalization underscoring her feelings.

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces the hit game show, have been seeking a replacement for the venerable Bob Barker, who retired this month after 35 years as the show’s host.

Among those reportedly in the running are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of “Entertainment Tonight,” George Hamilton and John O’Hurley. But Barker said O’Donnell is his pick.

“She knows the show,” he said backstage at Friday’s Daytime Emmy Awards. “There’s no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don’t know. I’ve never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they’ve only auditioned men.”

CBS and FremantleMedia had no comment Tuesday.

O’Donnell’s spokeswoman, Cindi Berger, was not specific about the ex-“View” commentator’s plans: “Rosie is meeting with several networks about a lot of different ideas.”

“The Price Is Right” is filmed in Los Angeles. O’Donnell lives in Nyack, New York, near New York City, with her partner and their four children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317947/

So does Doom approve or disapprove?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 05:01:55 AM »
I would like her to stay unemployed, I hate that fat bitch.

Amen to that!!!

Mark my words - if Rosie is the host, that show will go down the tubes...or she will.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »
So does Doom approve or disapprove?

Bah!  Doom is indifferent.

svtmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 07:07:39 AM »
how can you have all those models and then have that fat girl on stage. she better not get it

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:18:18 AM »
She likes to talk too much.  She likes to make sure everyone knows how she feels about everything.  Hosting a game show she isn't going to be able to talk that much about anything but the game.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »
how can you have all those models and then have that fat #### on stage. she better not get it

That's what I'm saying.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
She is outspoken and that can be a very entertaining quality from the right person, but she is not that person...Most of her views are based on whatever will get her attention and how she personally feels about the situations and not solid facts...Most of the time she makes herself sound like the total jackass that she is...I loved how Bill O'Reily tore her apart on his show before for her "speaking before thinking" opinions where she got emotional and broke down...She is best at talking out of her ass and she should host a talk show from the depths of a toilet...Just my opinion....
You Can't Do It!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »
how can you have all those models and then have that fat #### on stage. she better not get it

Yea , and she'll probably make a remark about them being so skinny.  She is annoying.  loud mouth fat bitch. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 10:26:12 PM »
Rosie O'Donnell says she won't host 'Price Is Right'
Requirement to move to Los Angeles seen as a deal-breaker.
By Martin Miller

Rosie O'Donnell, don't bother coming on down!

The former host of "The View's" bid to replace Bob Barker as the host of "The Price Is Right" is apparently over, according to a post today on O'Donnell's website. After meeting with representatives for the show last week, O'Donnell reported that a requirement to move to Los Angeles, where the hit game show is now taped, proved to be the deal breaker. O'Donnell lives outside of New York City with her partner and their four children.

O'Donnell, who had made little secret of her desire to take over one of daytime's top-rated programs, said she'd even offered to tape up to four shows a day in Los Angeles but was told that was "impossible." She added that the show wouldn't change cities either.

CBS declined to comment on O'Donnell's blog posting.

Meanwhile, the search continues to find a host for one of the most lucrative daytime programs CBS has on its schedule. The network has tried out nearly a dozen different hosts but has not yet picked a new face for the franchise show.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 04:33:22 AM »
i'll do it