Author Topic: Celebrate ending of slavery by acting like savages, who woulda guessed?  (Read 11760 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I blame music as the culprit and movies glorifying violence.

Its everywhere nowdays...the music, the video games, entertainers trying to glorify "thug life", smackking hos, making it cool to steal another man's wife or girl....

Thats why you see a lot of women wanting to be with thugs and badboys.......its all about percepetion and trying to make it seem like one is leading the glamorous or dangerous life that some people want so mch to be apart of. If they want to be a part of a real dangerous life and be a badboy....join the Navy Seals, Air Force Pararescue, Delta Force, Marine Force Recon, ect...those are the real bad boys that we should look up to...

Im mixed with black, asian, spanish....but the black gene is more dominant in me than anything else although my mother is filipino....where I grew up in Hawaii, most locals didnt accept me because of the color of my skin. And when my parents decided to move to an area where there were military dependents,
it was the "black race" that treated me like an outsider like I had no reason to exist in this world because of my mixed heritage.

I have dealt with racism all my life from asians, whites, etc....but to be honest, I have experienced more "racism" if thats what you want to call it by the black race... and too be honest, it just seems the black race or those who I dealt with from my past who are a part of the "black race" treat people better than me who arent black....such "brotherhood"...its all a fuckin joke...

It was the whites/caucasians that treated me like I was a person and that treated me more with respect than the so called "brothas" who treated me like shit...and they claim to be brothers and "one people" such hypocrisy! And that's when I learned that these are the same people who would have sold me into slavery or sold me for thirty peices of silver or hung me out to die on a wooden cross...

And for your information, it was the blacks in Africa who sold their "brothas" and "sistas" to the slave traders all for profit. So Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson could suck my dick when they cry for reparations! They should be blaming "Mother Africa" for the conducts of the past that was comitted by "its" own people. If they arent happy here, they should go back to Africa and better Africa...not try to use the race card and use Jesus's name to make a fuckin profit so they can lead extravagant lives and try to use the race card as a political platform....they should be talking about ways to make America better as one race...the human race....

What I said about about the 30 peices of silver and a wooden cross is just an analogy so please dont persecute me...I was just giving my experience... 

Its no wonder why some races or ethnicities look at the black race with such disdain and think we are ignorant because of the media and those in the media like the music artists, or athletes, or entertainers.....youd expect "our people" to try to better themselves yet you have them glorifying violence, adultery, selling drugs, and turning a blind eye to knowledge....and you always see the race card being pulled especially with the black stripper crying rape who lied about it the whole time that these white men raped her....you dont see Al Sharpton aplogizing for his ignorance....

Im not trying to say that I hate my own race. I am a mixture of many ethnicities and have relatives from asian, caucasian, and spanish heritages but I can understand why people can stereotype a particular race because of the ones that are in the media..especially the music and entertainment and ploitcal industry....

Just my 2 cents...

Sorry to hear about your experience Jerry.  I'll just comment on the racial climate in Hawaii.  This isn't a racial utopia, but it is night and day compared to the mainland.  I interact with all different races in a number of different settings and by and large there isn't a whole lot of overt racism here.  It does exist and I see it, but it's on a much smaller scale than places like California, Arizona, Indiana, Mississippi, etc.  Yes we've had "kill haole day (haole = white)," I hear the occasional reference to "papolos" (blacks), and some groups like native Hawaiians and Filipinos have to battle certain stereotypes, but overall the atmosphere is terrific.

My kids' "best friends" include white, black, Filipino, Hawaiian, Japanese, Hispanic, many variations of Pacific Islanders, and other Asians.  It's a beautiful thing to see.   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I have also experienced more racism from black people than anyone else..

I am a subjective person who draws on experience. Alot of the black people I come across are racist, rude, lazy, violent and generally seem like bad apples. Of course I've run into many nice black folks as well, and it seems as though they are bred apart from their rude cousins.

I'm not a racist, but that doesn't mean I don't speak my mind. If I see foul play and reverse racism taking place, then I'm going to do my best to speak out and denounce it. The economic and social problems that plague the black community also effects other types of people.. It causes inequity in society and just creates more and more racial tension.

Like when certain black people are confronted with the stats of the huge black prison population, they automatically blame slavery or the justice system. Reality is, even with a 5% margin of error in convicted black felons, the actual number of convicted black felons would still be very high. These people don't want to aknowledge that there are cultural problems.. Equally disgusting is that no on realizes the pain and suffering of the victims of these felons.. Society as a whole is a victim.

Another thing that makes me angry is the double standards and blatant favoritism. If blacks as a whole perform at a lower level, then why should they recieve preferential treatment? It's reverse racism.

Throwing money at the problem, or continuing to play appologist will not solve anything for anyone. Not black people or society for that matter..

Now I'm not trying to put anyone down. I envy black people that are model citizens because it's just that much harder for them to break through the bs that their culture tries to sell them. But at the same time I have a point to make and it shouldn't offend anyone who doesn't fit my creteria of criticism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

I am a subjective person who draws on experience. Alot of the black people I come across are racist, rude, lazy, violent and generally seem like bad apples. Of course I've run into many nice black folks as well, and it seems as though they are bred apart from their rude cousins.

I'm not a racist, but that doesn't mean I don't speak my mind. If I see foul play and reverse racism taking place, then I'm going to do my best to speak out and denounce it. The economic and social problems that plague the black community also effects other types of people.. It causes inequity in society and just creates more and more racial tension.

Like when certain black people are confronted with the stats of the huge black prison population, they automatically blame slavery or the justice system. Reality is, even with a 5% margin of error in convicted black felons, the actual number of convicted black felons would still be very high. These people don't want to aknowledge that there are cultural problems.. Equally disgusting is that no on realizes the pain and suffering of the victims of these felons.. Society as a whole is a victim.

Another thing that makes me angry is the double standards and blatant favoritism. If blacks as a whole perform at a lower level, then why should they recieve preferential treatment? It's reverse racism.

Throwing money at the problem, or continuing to play appologist will not solve anything for anyone. Not black people or society for that matter..

Now I'm not trying to put anyone down. I envy black people that are model citizens because it's just that much harder for them to break through the bs that their culture tries to sell them. But at the same time I have a point to make and it shouldn't offend anyone who doesn't fit my creteria of criticism.

Well said Camel.  Thanks for posting this.  I don't agree with everything you say, but this is very thoughtful and intelligent commentary IMO. 

There are a lot of problems in our society, but I don't believe that crime and rudeness are race-based.  Those problems correlate to income and education more than anything.  I was just talking to a friend of mine who used to be a parole officer.  He confirmed that about 99 percent of the prisoners he encountered were not college graduates.  No surprise.

Also, although I cannot prove this, I believe the absence of a strong father is the root cause of many of our societal problems. 

The problems you speak of are not "black community" problems.  They are American problems.  It's something we all have to try and correct.     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I blame music as the culprit and movies glorifying violence.

Its everywhere nowdays...the music, the video games, entertainers trying to glorify "thug life", smackking hos, making it cool to steal another man's wife or girl....

Thats why you see a lot of women wanting to be with thugs and badboys.......its all about percepetion and trying to make it seem like one is leading the glamorous or dangerous life that some people want so mch to be apart of. If they want to be a part of a real dangerous life and be a badboy....join the Navy Seals, Air Force Pararescue, Delta Force, Marine Force Recon, ect...those are the real bad boys that we should look up to...

Im mixed with black, asian, spanish....but the black gene is more dominant in me than anything else although my mother is filipino....where I grew up in Hawaii, most locals didnt accept me because of the color of my skin. And when my parents decided to move to an area where there were military dependents,
it was the "black race" that treated me like an outsider like I had no reason to exist in this world because of my mixed heritage.

I have dealt with racism all my life from asians, whites, etc....but to be honest, I have experienced more "racism" if thats what you want to call it by the black race... and too be honest, it just seems the black race or those who I dealt with from my past who are a part of the "black race" treat people better than me who arent black....such "brotherhood"...its all a fuckin joke...

It was the whites/caucasians that treated me like I was a person and that treated me more with respect than the so called "brothas" who treated me like shit...and they claim to be brothers and "one people" such hypocrisy! And that's when I learned that these are the same people who would have sold me into slavery or sold me for thirty peices of silver or hung me out to die on a wooden cross...

And for your information, it was the blacks in Africa who sold their "brothas" and "sistas" to the slave traders all for profit. So Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson could suck my dick when they cry for reparations! They should be blaming "Mother Africa" for the conducts of the past that was comitted by "its" own people. If they arent happy here, they should go back to Africa and better Africa...not try to use the race card and use Jesus's name to make a fuckin profit so they can lead extravagant lives and try to use the race card as a political platform....they should be talking about ways to make America better as one race...the human race....

What I said about about the 30 peices of silver and a wooden cross is just an analogy so please dont persecute me...I was just giving my experience... 

Its no wonder why some races or ethnicities look at the black race with such disdain and think we are ignorant because of the media and those in the media like the music artists, or athletes, or entertainers.....youd expect "our people" to try to better themselves yet you have them glorifying violence, adultery, selling drugs, and turning a blind eye to knowledge....and you always see the race card being pulled especially with the black stripper crying rape who lied about it the whole time that these white men raped her....you dont see Al Sharpton aplogizing for his ignorance....

Im not trying to say that I hate my own race. I am a mixture of many ethnicities and have relatives from asian, caucasian, and spanish heritages but I can understand why people can stereotype a particular race because of the ones that are in the media..especially the music and entertainment and ploitcal industry....

Just my 2 cents...

Check this out cha cha...Im a mixture of black and puerto rican...Im a very proud person who is proud of my race...I know you have your own experiences that shape your opinion but mine have been totally opposite. I went to an all black/mexican elementary school and have a very easy time being accepted by friends black and mexican accepted me with very open arms. There has never been a time where i felt like an outsider...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

Check this out cha cha...Im a mixture of black and puerto rican...Im a very proud person who is proud of my race...I know you have your own experiences that shape your opinion but mine have been totally opposite. I went to an all black/mexican elementary school and have a very easy time being accepted by friends black and mexican accepted me with very open arms. There has never been a time where i felt like an outsider...

It maybe related to how you carry yourself.

Regardless, mal, you seem to be a great guy. Keep going as you're already going and maybe that'll spark change in others.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

I am a subjective person who draws on experience. Alot of the black people I come across are racist, rude, lazy, violent and generally seem like bad apples.

CJ, I keep telling ya, ...you need to move to a better neighbourhood if you're going to encounter better people.

Of course I've run into many nice black folks as well, and it seems as though they are bred apart from their rude cousins.

Shouldn't that in itself speak volumes?

Culture comes from many areas, ...and it's not just about colour or race. A ghetto culture will breed a ghetto mentality whether the person is black, white, yellow, brown, green, or purple. By the same token, someone raised in a culture with values will have those values and priorities instilled in them, regardless of their race or colour.

No need to be envious of me or accord me any special accolades. There was no bs to break through, because "my culture" as you put it, was not what you assume. It wasn't trying to sell me a lifestyle of criminality.
w

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
In the same breath you have to classify the spectators below as savages also. Does that speak for their entire race.

Yup, some sick fuckers there. Mob mentality at its finest.
The House that Ruth built

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
What I am trying to say is its all about hypocracy. Many claim unity and try to say they believe in Martin Luther King juniors dream but do nothing but cause division. They claim "brotherhood" but cant even accept someone in their "own" race...

Example: R Kelly...preaches God and claims he believes in HIM but talks about in songs that he will sleep with anybody's woman and its the man's fault because his game isnt "tight"

Lot of things I tend to think about? Why are minorities the majority who are at risk for STDs? Why are most minorities stereotyped as thugs and nothing but thieves, gang bangers, ignorant people who can talk slang and eat nothing but watermellon and chicken, cheat and use white women for money and sex...etc?

One thing that pisses me off....That cop who killed that pregnant woman in Ohio. First thing that came to mind is that he is one sick individual! Second thing is what kind of values did his "momma" teach him? Usually black families are a supposed tight unit that pray together and go to church together. Where did this man get his values? Such "values" they taught their son!

I carry myself with dignity and sometimes it pisses me off when women tend to look for the thugs. One woman didnt like me because I wasnt black enough...makes me laugh that some women/people expect you to be a certain way because you are black. There is ignorance in every fuckin circle....I hope that woman gets fuckin used.

I must sound spiteful huh? But I think society is kinda screwed up and values are very misguided in today's age and we have the media to blame because it is the media that is shaping our values..but it hurts me the most because since I am a descendent of the black race and from what I experienced, it is the black race that has let me down the most. Those are the ones that has turned the knife in me the most compared to any other ethnicity. It was a black man that an ex girlfriend was sleeping around on me with. It was the "thug" mentality that got me taken advantage of when I loaned a few people I trusted when I lent them money but got me burned in the end. It was a black woman that did nothing but try to ruin my name all because Ive dated outside of my supposed "race" so just because I am mixed but look more "black" I wasnt entitled to date women of asian, spanish, or caucasian descent? I am considered a sellout because I am with a suposed other "race" but the irony of it all was no black woman ever approached me when I was single nor cared that I was single but vented out when they saw me with someone outside of my "race"? Another example...at a New Year's eve party, these group of black guys were going to jump my friend who is white/asian just because one of their friends bumped into him and make "their" friend spill his drink. When I stood up for my friend, one brotha told me he was going to shoot me! LOL Thug mentality and what they learned from rap songs wont let that person fight fair or try to reason like a human being intelligently?  They are a fuckin joke and disgrace...that person isnt shit without his "boys" or without that "gun". Again, its only black people that I had to deal with this situation from...never had to exeperience this situation from any other ethnicity except for the black race. Why is that? Please someone tell me? 

Whne I go to to a club and take my girlfriend with me, it is the black men knowing full well that this woman is my girlfriend but tries to sneak his number to her  and tries to get with her. And the club had a diverse crowd but it was only the black men who were trying to steal another man's woman? Why is that? Someone please tell me...

It seems like there is no "honor"  from a people who claim they are honorable...  Ive been treated more respectfully from people who arent african american....how that for irony? Is this coincidence....nope..mak es me wonder how come the black race seems to be regressing? Again I dont hate my heritage but it makes me wonder a lot why I am who I am and why blacks have treated me worse than any other race....is it me or is it because of values that music or media teaches them...makes me wonder a lot. Maybe it is just me but all I can go from is experience...         

All I can be is me and be the best I can to every person regardless of sex, gender, nationality or sexual orientation, or social status...

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
According to the news, the cop (Cutss) has a daughter with a woman named Nikki Giavasis. He broke into her home and caught ex basketball player Shawn Kemp with her... 

This is what she looked like! I bet you this woman cheated on him with ex basketball player Shawn Kemp. Alot of white females that look this good, tend to cheat on men they are with especially to men who are richer and famous....

If this is surely her...she looks like a tramp! She has a lot of "thugged out" brothas on her myspace page too!

I did a search from her...this woman used to live in Ohio but now lives in California...I believe this is her...she is actually in the fitness industry! According to her bio she has a daughter as well...

http://www.fitsights.com/nikkigiavasis/home.shtml

http://www.discovergirls.com/nikki1.htm

Her myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sweetnikkigiavasis

Ive dated a lot of white females who date nothing but black men. Ive found them to be very promiscous and always with a different man. They never stay with the same man..either because they cheat or have been cheated on...

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
More about Bobby Cutts and Nikki Giavasis. The freakin loser had a personal ad:
http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/?p=436

Its going to turn into a race issue soon because all the women whom he fathered children with are all white females....

Remember what I said about the "playa" mentality. Most white females who date specifically black men know that the man is a dog but doesnt care because they are attracted to the thuglifestyle...its a peice of shit lifestyle if you ask me!

24KT

• Getbig V

I must sound spiteful huh? But I think society is kinda screwed up and values are very misguided in today's age and we have the media to blame because it is the media that is shaping our values..but it hurts me the most because since I am a descendent of the black race and from what I experienced, it is the black race that has let me down the most. Those are the ones that has turned the knife in me the most compared to any other ethnicity. It was a black man that an ex girlfriend was sleeping around on me with. It was the "thug" mentality that got me taken advantage of when I loaned a few people I trusted when I lent them money but got me burned in the end. It was a black woman that did nothing but try to ruin my name all because Ive dated outside of my supposed "race" so just because I am mixed but look more "black" I wasnt entitled to date women of asian, spanish, or caucasian descent? I am considered a sellout because I am with a suposed other "race" but the irony of it all was no black woman ever approached me when I was single nor cared that I was single but vented out when they saw me with someone outside of my "race"? Another example...at a New Year's eve party, these group of black guys were going to jump my friend who is white/asian just because one of their friends bumped into him and make "their" friend spill his drink. When I stood up for my friend, one brotha told me he was going to shoot me! LOL Thug mentality and what they learned from rap songs wont let that person fight fair or try to reason like a human being intelligently?  They are a fuckin joke and disgrace...that person isnt shit without his "boys" or without that "gun". Again, its only black people that I had to deal with this situation from...never had to exeperience this situation from any other ethnicity except for the black race. Why is that? Please someone tell me? 

Jerryme7, I understand your pain, as I have experienced the same kind of ignorance, both in real life and on these boards, ...however, I have to ask you... do you really think that's a "Black" thing, ...or an "ignorance" thing?

I too have gotten grief for dating outside my race, the majority of which has come from fellow Blacks, ...however, I can assure you that there are white people who also date outside their race, and upon whom is also visited the same grief from whites. Ignorance is ignorance, ...and to ascribe a colour or race to it, ...is in my opinion, ignorant.
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
The socioeconomic position the black race has been placed in due to all the legal variables over the years has had ramifications that have manifested themself, yes. Myself, I always work for upliftment in all ways. Whether it be charitable donations, various acts I undertake, always presenting myself in a positive light and not ever giving a valid reason for anyone to infer I am inferior etc..

Irrespective of the undeniable injustices levied upon us through history, I do believe we as a people must help ourself as it is the only viable option, and I don't just say that...I do it in many ways.

That being said, turning your back never helps. No matter where I go in life or what I achieve, I will always know where I came from and have pride in it. If we all were to share the mentality of "avoiding falling into the cracks" and presenting ourself with dignity and pride, as to be above reproach, we would all be a alot better off. Some become drug addicts/criminals which then negatively impacts us all. On the flip side, some turn againest our own people which is just as damaging in another capacity.

People can try and convince themself and others and phrase it how they want.....but perhaps when one is treated so bad by their own race there is a reason. The bitterness and internal hatred of ones own race can permeate and be visible to others. I alientate drug addicts and criminals [for personal safety and just cause they are losers as well ;D] people who damage my race with there actions. I also an not keen on others who damage my race with their actions in a different form. Dress it up how you want.....an Uncle Tom is an Uncle Tom.

24KT

• Getbig V
CQ, that is very well said.

I have only one issue with what you wrote, and that is your use of "Uncle Tom" as a pejorative.

I can understand why the image that he has come to represent is so distasteful to you, ...it is distasteful to me as well, ...however, I have come to the understanding that the vilification of Josiah Hension (his real name) was started by those very same people who sought to keep Blacks from emancipation. As a Canadian, I am very familiar with the impact Josiah Henson had on the lives of many a runaway slave. There are many cities in Canada (Toronto, Chatham, Windsor, Sarnia, Kitchener etc., etc) that were indeed founded by those who passed through Josiah's cabin, their last stop on their road to freedom. In my opinion, the man is a hero, and the ultimate soldier. Make no mistake there was a war, ...and here was a man who could be so innocuous as to operate right under the enemy's nose, without even so much as raising an eyebrow. It took one heckuva lot of courage, not to mention self-discipline to pull off what he did, and there are countless thousands along with their descendants, who have both him and Harriet Tubman to thank.

Many Blacks find the war-time demeanor of Josiah Henson distasteful, and prefer the militancy of a Malcolm X or a Louis Farrakhan as a means of regaining their "manhood", ...but I ask you, ...do you really think that a Malcom X, or a Louis Farrakhan with their bellicose styles could have accomplished what Josiah did? Sometimes you can win the battle and lose the war. When one's ego gets in the way of the mission at hand, then one is unfit to serve, command, or lead. The bottom line is results, ...and Josiah Henson produced results.

He saved far many more asses than he kissed. In my book, the man is a hero.
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Good post Jag, and informative also.

To clarify though, I used the term Uncle Tom just in the colloquial sense that it has somewhat become socially, not actually referring to the character, as I agree with your overall point.

24KT

• Getbig V
Good post Jag, and informative also.

To clarify though, I used the term Uncle Tom just in the colloquial sense that it has somewhat become socially, not actually referring to the character, as I agree with your overall point.

Ya CQ, I know what you meant. I sometimes use it in that sense too, ...but every once in a while I have to stop myself and realize that by doing so, ...I play right into the agenda of others, by going along with, and perpetuating an undeserved smear, and unjustifiable character assasination against a real North American hero.

As long as we allow ourselves to buy into and perpetuate lies that good is bad, or right is wrong, or strength is weakness, then we will continue to be led around by the nose, by those who really do not have our best interests at heart.
w