Author Topic: Freaking fatties at work  (Read 4447 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Freaking fatties at work
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »
then you sneak back to your desk and have a 500 cal serving of chicken breast and brown rice?

seriously why not just have the 220cal slice of cake

It's hard to guess how many calories something is. A slice of cake can be well over 600 calories.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 11:43:36 AM »
I do that a lot, no big deal.. I was under in terms of calories yesterday so I went ahead and had some alcohol. I've been cutting like this with no real problems. If you're under, then having some cake isn't going to kill you. It's just that people have several servings which equal to thousands of calories in one sitting.
Well the thing is you could eat the whole cake in one sitting without gaining any of it if you know what you are doing. Would i recommend it for a contest prep? No, certainly not but like i said, 99% of getbig does not compete and just wants a beach body.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
It's hard to guess how many calories something is. A slice of cake can be well over 600 calories.
http://www.calorieking.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 11:45:02 AM »

then if you ate it you wouldn't be hungry for hours, perhaps you could go without eating the rest of the day.

the equivalent amount of chicken breast would leave you hungry soon after

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »
Indeed.... i don't understand this need to be so strict when 99% of getbiggers don't even compete. You are right, they all end up fat but i guess they feel better about it because it was done with "healthy food". It gives them a sense of self accomplishment. For about the last 2 weeks i have been eating upwards anywhere to 5000 calories of pure junk a day and im still hovering around 158-163. These people are ridiculous.

you got sick of watching what you eat huh.  Sometimes I do too.  Eventually I get sick of pigging out and start eating less again.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
then you sneak back to your desk and have a 500 cal serving of chicken breast and brown rice?

seriously why not just have the 220cal slice of cake

I do every once in awhile, but not on every single occassion.   We have a big organization with birthdays and celebrations or random "ice cream socials" occurring multiple times a week....there's always cake, ice cream or something....if I'm gonna indulge in something I'd rather indulge in something of my choosing......not just a crappy grocery store cake.   

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 11:47:56 AM »
you got sick of watching what you eat huh.  Sometimes I do too.  Eventually I get sick of pigging out and start eating less again.
Yeah but when i was doing it it was baaaaad. I could have gone upwards to 10k in a day easily. In the end it all balances out to be about 2000k everyday over the month. I just recently got my act together and got back on it though. When your body is ready it will change.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
Yeah but when i was doing it it was baaaaad. I could have gone upwards to 10k in a day easily. In the end it all balances out to be about 2000k everyday over the month. I just recently got my act together and got back on it though. When your body is ready it will change.

Yep I think the same thing goes for training...the body provides pretty good feedback if you pay attention.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »
Yep I think the same thing goes for training...the body provides pretty good feedback if you pay attention.
Indeed... i am about to buckle down hard for a good 3 months of dieting though. I am working on testing some of my theories.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 11:54:29 AM »
Well the thing is you could eat the whole cake in one sitting without gaining any of it if you know what you are doing. Would i recommend it for a contest prep? No, certainly not but like i said, 99% of getbig does not compete and just wants a beach body.

Of course..

I've lost around 7 solid pounds in three weeks while drinking 2-3 times a week and sometimes eating cake. I just count my calories(estimate), and run about 1-2 miles 4 days a week. And I drink a lot of tea and take around 25 mg ephedrine in the morning. I still make sure to get my protein in and have more carbs in the morning to fuel my afternoon workouts. It's not rocket science.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:15 AM »
Of course..

I've lost around 7 solid pounds in three weeks while drinking 2-3 times a week and sometimes eating cake. I just count my calories(estimate), and run about 1-2 miles 4 days a week. And I drink a lot of tea and take around 25 mg ephedrine in the morning. I still make sure to get my protein in and have more carbs in the morning to fuel my afternoon workouts. It's not rocket science.

sounds like a good plan

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »
Here is what I say to them.

"No but thanks for offering!  Since I normally do not eat something so sugary my ass would be passing out in a few hours once my blood sugar crashed.  Got things to do. :)  But it does look very good."

Problem solved.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
Here is what I say to them.

"No but thanks for offering!  Since I normally do not eat something so sugary my ass would be passing out in a few hours once my blood sugar crashed.  Got things to do. :)  But it does look very good."

Problem solved.
What are you diabetic?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »
Nah, two weeks left till fourth of July beach bash.  I am going in lean and mean and no piece of cake is going to ruin it.  I am not falling off of the wagon for some assholes going away cake party.  this cake was enough to feed 50 people and there were only 20 people there and they still devoured the whole cake.
Frickin' relax, Francis. Grab a piece, scarf it down, and walk off knowing that you've probably worked it off just by eating it while the others will die a slow, obese-degenerative death. Feel Better?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
For about the last 2 weeks i have been eating upwards anywhere to 5000 calories of pure junk a day and im still hovering around 158-163. These people are ridiculous.

If I did that I'd gain a ton of fat.

Everyone's body and metabolism is different.
Ron: "I am lazy."

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2007, 12:03:33 PM »
What are you diabetic?

no he is an obsessive adherent to the High Protein Myth with an EPIC 40" WAIST

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 12:04:09 PM »
If I did that I'd gain a ton of fat.

Everyone's body and metabolism is different.
It is easy to mistake water for fat. I can drop 8 pounds in one week when i start a diet.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »
I understand and agree totally. Amazing how these people just can't take "no thanks" for an answer. Unbelievable.

PB

US pop. = No willpower, grossly obese w/ an attendant 98 IQ.

Nuff said.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 12:50:56 PM »
for me the visualization of cake is more important than the consumption of it

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
I have been eating clean now since early May getting ready for a fun day at the beach for the fourth of July.  Now some schmuck at work had a going away party and they were serving cake.  They asked me how big I wanted my slice and I told them no thanks.  The fat ass and another start rambling at how I should have a slice, it won't kill me and the whole time I am staring at their double chins and belly fat thinking I would rather be dead than ever look like them.  Mean time I am clinching my fists and the veins are popping out through my arms and I just chuckle back and tell them that "no thanks, you guys can share my piece, you are so skinny you might fade away" and laugh.  A couple other people laughed along as well and the dumb ass just turns around and continues to cut large slices for the other fat asses.  Its just sad at how these people live.
hahahahahahaha, i swear i just almost passed out from laughing at this post, i don't know why. ;D

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »
Segregating yourself and becoming a social outcast isn't in anyone's best interest, especially if you have to work with those people every day.

Eat a 250 cal slice, wish the guy happy trails, and eat some protein.  If you're in better shape than those around you, it's important to appear laid back and friendly.
Forget that, I'd say, "I'm good and it's not what I eat. " Plain and simple.  Not even so much in the fear of holding more fat, but simply because downing fatty type foods makes me feel like crap.  I wouldn't diet the way I do, just to "be lean".  I eat and live the lifestyle I live because I feel good doing it, being semi jacked and lean is a side effect.
I also wouldn't "diet down" for a big 4th of July bash, etc.  I train for myself and diet down for kicks and to see how I can change my body through consistency, it's amusing and you feel better in attaining those certain goals. 
What's strange to me is going through a diet/lifestyle change all in the sake of winning a show nobody knows or cares about.  The last thing I'd do is diet and lift for a trophy based on drug use and your genetic make up.  This is something I never understand.  Also, the fact that anyone can compete.  There isn't some prerequisite in doing so.  Keep in mind, there is zero talent in bodybuilding, just consitency, genetics, and so on.
N

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »
Forget that, I'd say, "I'm good and it's not what I eat. " Plain and simple.  Not even so much in the fear of holding more fat, but simply because downing fatty type foods makes me feel like crap.  I wouldn't diet the way I do, just to "be lean".  I eat and live the lifestyle I live because I feel good doing it, being semi jacked and lean is a side effect.
I also wouldn't "diet down" for a big 4th of July bash, etc.  I train for myself and diet down for kicks and to see how I can change my body through consistency, it's amusing and you feel better in attaining those certain goals.  What's strange to me is going through a diet/lifestyle change all in the sake of winning a show nobody knows or cares about.  The last thing I'd do is diet and lift for a trophy based on drug use and your genetic make up.  This is something I never understand.  Also, the fact that anyone can compete.  There isn't some prerequisite in doing so.  Keep in mind, there is zero talent in bodybuilding, just consitency, genetics, and so on.
True... but i have always admired the muscular phsyique. I think there is some respect due in it and it keeps my mind entertained and makes me happy.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »
I observe the human race, then do the complete opposite, resulting in year round BF at 8-9%

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
I observe the human race, then do the complete opposite, resulting in year round BF at 8-9%
haha, Classic. ;D
True... but i have always admired the muscular phsyique. I think there is some respect due in it and it keeps my mind entertained and makes me happy.
More men will notice than women, any day of the week.

One day I may quit working out, just to avoid conversations with idiots regarding supplements and protein.  My favorite is this one kid I know @20 was asking me about working out/diet, etc.  He then say, "Let me get a piece of paper to write this down."  So, I'm laughing, but say sure.  After taking notes on a good guideline to putting on mass, I see him a week later eating a candy bar, then a bowl of fruit for lunch.
Fucking people are brilliant.  They think by taking about it, it will actually have an impact on their goals.
Then when I said, "Nice diet man, looks like my tips are paying off."  He threw the old, "I don't have time really."  Followed by the, "I'm going to start everything later."
Maybe he will, but damn, people and their excuses are laughable.
N

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »
I have been eating clean now since early May getting ready for a fun day at the beach for the fourth of July.  Now some schmuck at work had a going away party and they were serving cake.  They asked me how big I wanted my slice and I told them no thanks.  The fat ass and another start rambling at how I should have a slice, it won't kill me and the whole time I am staring at their double chins and belly fat thinking I would rather be dead than ever look like them.  Mean time I am clinching my fists and the veins are popping out through my arms and I just chuckle back and tell them that "no thanks, you guys can share my piece, you are so skinny you might fade away" and laugh.  A couple other people laughed along as well and the dumb ass just turns around and continues to cut large slices for the other fat asses.  Its just sad at how these people live.
When you work in the same office as Squadfather you know you have a dead-end job. It's time to move on, MOS!   :D
!